Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkstarWahoo View Post
    Also, for the record, I am not attempting to minimize any success on anyone's part by complaining about schedules. No one in the ACC has an easy road.
    No one has easy road, but some have EASIER roads, and with no grading curve on the W/L records, the unbalanced schedule in my mind somewhat mitigates the reg season title. I mean, it's still an accomplishment, a big one, but it is not nearly the measure of relative strengths it used to be. Bottom line is: with UVa for example...spare me the talk about ACC titles (Reg or Tourney) - until you do something on the national stage.
    Last edited by HereBeforeCoachK; 01-08-2019 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Umpossible. How could swofford have allowed that to happen?
    He's realized the Keatts is a winner and if he gives State an easy schedule now (when UVa and Duke are really strong) they have less of a chance of winning the ACC in the future since he can really give us tougher schedules later...after all remember in '18-19 State has the easiest schedule, so no favoritism.

Don't worry, this is all part of Swofford's master plan to screw NC State. I just know it!

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    He's realized the Keatts is a winner and if he gives State an easy schedule now (when UVa and Duke are really strong) they have less of a chance of winning the ACC in the future since he can really give us tougher schedules later...after all remember in '18-19 State has the easiest schedule, so no favoritism.

Don't worry, this is all part of Swofford's master plan to screw NC State. I just know it!
    I see, "the grassy knoll theory". You may be on to something. I wouldn't trust Swofford in an out house with a muzzle on. GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    I see, "the grassy knoll theory". You may be on to something. I wouldn't trust Swofford in an out house with a muzzle on. GoDuke!
    ...so my question is, where/who is the second shooter?

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    No one has easy road, but some have EASIER roads, and with no grading curve on the W/L records, the unbalanced schedule in my mind somewhat mitigates the reg season title. I mean, it's still an accomplishment, a big one, but it is not nearly the measure of relative strengths it used to be. Bottom line is: with UVa for example...spare me the talk about ACC titles (Reg or Tourney) - until you do something on the national stage.
    With all due respect, why in the world would anyone NOT celebrate ACC titles just because they've come up short in the NCAAs? Seems crazy, especially since the regular season is a better barometer of how good a team is (sample size and all) than the tourney?

To be clear, I'm not saying the tournament isn't the best way to crown a champ, just that it's not really a good measure of the overall quality of a team. (that and I have no idea why we SHOULDN'T be allowed to celebrate ACC titles without NCAA success)

It looks like there'll need to be a lot of dirty/soiled laundry done at the PNC joint tonight, including uniforms, sheets, linens and other domestic cotton/polyester products. Way to go, Pack.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

It looks like there'll need to be a lot of dirty/soiled laundry done at the PNC joint tonight, including uniforms, sheets, linens and other domestic cotton/polyester products. Way to go, Pack.
    How many times did they get within 1 or 2 and then forget how to play basketball? Awful awful awful.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Man, State's guards STINK. We are so blessed to have the level of players we do. The Pack guards acted like they were in a dribbling contest for about the last 10 minutes - no passing, no nothing. Except bad shots after pounding the hardwood for about 25 consecutive seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    How many times did they get within 1 or 2 and then forget how to play basketball? Awful awful awful.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
    Man, State's guards STINK. We are so blessed to have the level of players we do. The Pack guards acted like they were in a dribbling contest for about the last 10 minutes - no passing, no nothing. Except bad shots after pounding the hardwood for about 25 consecutive seconds
    Don’t worry. NC State will figure it all out on February 16, when they travel to Durham and play the game of their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
    Ole Roy owns the Pack - hard to understand how State is only 4-29 against him. Have they repainted PNC with a light blue hue😡?

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    Don’t worry. NC State will figure it all out on February 16, when they travel to Durham and play the game of their lives.
    Yeah, I've seen that movie before...

On the frontpage JD King had this to say in his State-UNC roundup:

By the way, if you didn’t see the game, find it or find highlights somewhere and look up the 360 Johnson pulled off. It was dazzling. In fact, we’d rate it higher than Zion Williamson’s 360 against Clemson if only because Johnson’s was in traffic and incredibly quick. Zion was in the open court for his.
    I think he's talking about Markell Johnson, not Cam Johnson. Either way, I haven't seen a the clip in any of the highlights. Can anyone find that play?

Quote Originally Posted by Truth&Justise View Post
    I think he's talking about Markell Johnson, not Cam Johnson. Either way, I haven't seen a the clip in any of the highlights. Can anyone find that play?
    It happened in garbage time, on their last possession when they were down by 8 or 10 with a few seconds left. Cool play but completely meaningless.

State was having success getting to the rim the whole first half. Then with 10 minutes left they just decided to instead start chucking up contested threes. It was infuriating. Also UNC turns the ball over a ton, Tre is going to have a field day against their nonexistent point guard.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    It happened in garbage time, on their last possession when they were down by 8 or 10 with a few seconds left. Cool play but completely meaningless.

State was having success getting to the rim the whole first half. Then with 10 minutes left they just decided to instead start chucking up contested threes. It was infuriating. Also UNC turns the ball over a ton, Tre is going to have a field day against their nonexistent point guard.
    Ah ok, I found it. It was a 360, but it was a layup from below the rim. Not sure why JD was more impressed by that than Zion's dunk.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post

Yeah, this is a very bad setup for UNC against us. They aren't terribly athletic, AND they only have a couple of guys who can dribble.

If they can get up shots, they stand a chance, because (a) they can shoot 3s well and (b) they offensive rebound a lot. But I can't imagine a scenario in which they don't turn it over a TON. Coby White and Seventh Woods might be the only guys who can dribble more than once in any traffic, and both of those two turn it over a bunch too.

If they can get into the frontcourt consistently, they stand a shooter's/rebounder's chance. But that's a big if considering they are turnover-prone and we force a ton of turnovers.

I'd make a comment about the game, but I didn't watch it. I don't watch cheaters.

9f until the end of time.

Only that long?

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Only that long?
    What, are you praying for the end of time to hurry up and arrive?

I'd make a comment about the game, but I didn't watch it. I don't watch cheaters.

Bet you’d watch if a little birdie told you the Pack’s up 10 with a minute left.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Bet you’d watch if a little birdie told you the Pack’s up 10 with a minute left.
    Nope. Though I might be convinced to watch a replay after the fact.