View Poll Results: Who was Duke's Man of the Match in their win over Wake tonight?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Javin Delaurier

1 1.19%
  • Zion Williamson

78 92.86%
  • RJ Barrett

0 0%
  • Cam Reddish

0 0%
  • Tre Jones

2 2.38%
  • Jack White

1 1.19%
  • Marques Bolden

2 2.38%
  • Alex O'Connell

0 0%
  • Jordan Goldwire

0 0%
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

MOTM: Duke v. Wake Forest (Jan 8, 2019)

Who was Duke's Man of the Match in their win over Wake tonight?
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Who could it be?...let's see...

ZION!!

While the degenerate in me appreciates Bolden's clutch play in the final minute to preserve what should have been a relatively easy cover, a certain someone put up a stupidly good line.

30 pts, 10 rebs, 5 asst, 4 steals, and a block is absurd. Zion is just unreal to watch. I swear, the combination of athleticism and skill means he is playing a different game than everyone else. He hit 3-4 threes... opposing ACC coaches watched that and got physically ill. He had 30 points on 16 shots, which is just crazy, but usually when you see that it is because the player hit a ton of FTs. Not Zion, he was 1-1 from the FT line. His 30 on 16 came from elite efficiency the likes of which we simply have not seen before in a mortal man.

-Jason "if an alien from a planet with stronger gravity dropped down on Earth and started playing basketball, his game might resemble Zion... other than that, I am at a loss for words" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Well there was Zion...big gap...everyone else on the floor. ZOTM is Zion...again.

Missed 2 dunks. Went 13-16.

Zion makes me smile.

Quote Originally Posted by WillJ View Post
    Zion makes me smile.
    And other coaches cringe...

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    While the degenerate in me appreciates Bolden's clutch play in the final minute to preserve what should have been a relatively easy cover, a certain someone put up a stupidly good line.

30 pts, 10 rebs, 5 asst, 4 steals, and a block is absurd. Zion is just unreal to watch. I swear, the combination of athleticism and skill means he is playing a different game than everyone else. He hit 3-4 threes... opposing ACC coaches watched that and got physically ill. He had 30 points on 16 shots, which is just crazy, but usually when you see that it is because the player hit a ton of FTs. Not Zion, he was 1-1 from the FT line. His 30 on 16 came from elite efficiency the likes of which we simply have not seen before in a mortal man.

-Jason "if an alien from a planet with stronger gravity dropped down on Earth and started playing basketball, his game might resemble Zion... other than that, I am at a loss for words" Evans
    He should have had 7 assists . . . 2 of his turnovers were great passes that should have been assists to Jordan and Javin.

WTH? No votes for JW?

(Mt. Zion gets my ballot.)
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    He should have had 7 assists . . . 2 of his turnovers were great passes that should have been assists to Jordan and Javin.
    Agreed. He had a great game by any standards and two of his turnovers were unlucky. It is hard to remember any player that looked better on the court and I have been watching for a long time.

I voted for Javin because he set a record tonight, 19 consecutive made FGs.
    Zion's 30 pts and 10 rebs and start to finish domination would get the MOTM most nights, but records deserve recognition.