View Poll Results: Who was Duke's Man of the Match in their win over Clemson tonight?

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • Javin Delaurier

0 0%
  • Zion Williamson

66 60.55%
  • RJ Barrett

0 0%
  • Cam Reddish

0 0%
  • Tre Jones

18 16.51%
  • Jack White

21 19.27%
  • Marques Bolden

3 2.75%
  • Alex O'Connell

0 0%
  • Jordan Goldwire

0 0%
  • Antonio Vrankovic

1 0.92%
  • Justin Robinson

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

MOTM: Duke v. Clemson (Jan 5, 2019)

Who was Duke's Man of the Match in their win over Clemson tonight?
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Zion

Tre Jones earns my vote with his 9 assists, 0 turnovers performance.
    Bob Green

I'm going with Jack. During the first 15 minutes, when everyone else was shooting cold, Jack's 3's kept us even with Clemson. And he still played his excellent all-around game with good rebounding and defense and communication. During the second half, the rust was shaken off by the others, so Jack didn't need to shoot as much.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

I'm a Zionist.

Quote Originally Posted by JBDuke View Post
    I'm going with Jack. During the first 15 minutes, when everyone else was shooting cold, Jack's 3's kept us even with Clemson. And he still played his excellent all-around game with good rebounding and defense and communication. During the second half, the rust was shaken off by the others, so Jack didn't need to shoot as much.
    I'm going with Jack too...because Zion will win it, but Jack got em started....who knows what happens without Jack's run....but hey, a vote for Tre or Zion is awesome too.

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    I'm going with Jack too...because Zion will win it, but Jack got em started...who knows what happens without Jack's run...but hey, a vote for Tre or Zion is awesome too.
    Yeah, I have no quibbles with anyone who voted for Tre or Zion. Heck, you could make a case for Marques, who had a very good game, and helped Jack in the first half with a few baskets.
    JBDuke

Mt. Zion for me but Jack and Tre played really well, too. And poor Bolden puts up 11/5 with a steal and a block and will be "forgotten."
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Had to vote for Zion, but Jack kept us in it in the first half with his shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Mt. Zion for me but Jack and Tre played really well, too. And poor Bolden puts up 11/5 with a steal and a block and will be "forgotten."
    I was thinking that MB was fourth tonight...but K won't forget what he did....Im betting some really nice words for Tre, Jack and Ques in K's post game presser.

I'm going with Jack too...because Zion will win it, but Jack got em started...who knows what happens without Jack's run...but hey, a vote for Tre or Zion is awesome too.
    Who knows what happens without Jack's all-around "glue", that seems to make this team work?

I kinda suspect that teams are still seriously underestimating Mr. White. Possibly because they're more interested/focused on taking a super-frosh scalp. Then, next thing they know...you got all kinds of Aussie trouble.

Jack is amazingly consistent by Zion is just amazing.

I was thinking that MB was fourth tonight...but K won't forget what he did...Im betting some really nice words for Tre, Jack and Ques in K's post game presser.
    Word.

I'd normally vote for the long-shot. And maybe my vote for JW qualifies.

I didn't vote for Tre simply because he's just Tre. As my daughter says: "I feel safe when he's got the ball. He's the one I trust." I know that may not be fair but, I put MOTM votes on who I deem instrumental to the win. Tre doing what he does.

What's exciting is thinking about when all these cylinders are firing in tune.

i voted for Zion who was just incredible but both Tre and Jack had exceptional games. Tre had 10 pts., 9 assists and no turnovers plus he had steal. Jack's defense rebounding and hitting 4 threes was noteable.

Zion was Zion, and that's the greatest compliment I can think of for him. But I had to vote for Jack. He kept things under control in the first half with his consistent great offensive and defensive contributions.
    Zion was unreal though.

Zion's blocks, including the one dubbed, "that was an awesome goal tend," put him over the top in addition to that x-button 360. Did anyone else jump out of their seat when he first got the steal? Tre's on-ball defense was excellent; close 2nd. And Jack was the spark that got the outside shooting rolling. His rebounding was great too. I can't wait for the day when Cam gets hot and we can vote him P.O.G. I hope that day comes soon. He had good energy in the second half.

Zion

Zion. Tre played great, Jack got us going in the first half, but Zion is unbelievable!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by AZLA View Post
    Zion's blocks, including the one dubbed, "that was an awesome goal tend," put him over the top in addition to that x-button 360. Did anyone else jump out of their seat when he first got the steal? Tre's on-ball defense was excellent; close 2nd. And Jack was the spark that got the outside shooting rolling. His rebounding was great too. I can't wait for the day when Cam gets hot and we can vote him P.O.G. I hope that day comes soon. He had good energy in the second half.
    Y'all remember when people started calling Corey Maggette, Uh-Oh-Maggettio? That was because when he got a steal or a run out, everyone would go, "Uh Oh!" in anticipation.

That's what I've caught myself doing when Zion gets a free run at the basket. "Uh Oh!"

Bolden's presence on defense was significant also. Early on, Thomas from Clemson was hurting us with traditional big man moves. Not so much after Bolden came in.