Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    The discussion on my part was NEVER ABOUT WHETHER IT WORKED OR NOT. It clearly does. The discussion was about how unseemly it is, and it is unseemly, especially for a team like the Patriots. The ages of Gronk and Brady are what they are...hardly people saying "they suck." Childish. I've noticed K never goes there with motivation.
    Eh couldn't disagree more. Every little ounce of motivation and focus counts, and if the Pats think playing the "world is against us" card will help them WIN .. go for it. Unseemly or not, who cares. Winning is what matters, and they're certainly quite good at that.
    Duke 5 - UNC 4*

The discussion on my part was NEVER ABOUT WHETHER IT WORKED OR NOT. It clearly does. The discussion was about how unseemly it is, and it is unseemly, especially for a team like the Patriots. The ages of Gronk and Brady are what they are...hardly people saying "they suck." Childish. I've noticed K never goes there with motivation.
    I have heard lots of talk in the last few weeks questioning whether this team, these players, this dynasty is over. I'd be shocked if it didn't make for white board material.

I suspect that if people were questioning Duke en masse, K would use that to fire up his team as well. We just wouldn't hear about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Chefs
    Great Googily Moogily!
    "There can BE only one."

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I have heard lots of talk in the last few weeks questioning whether this team, these players, this dynasty is over. I'd be shocked if it didn't make for white board material.

I suspect that if people were questioning Duke en masse, K would use that to fire up his team as well. We just wouldn't hear about it.
    That's hardly the same thing as "everybody thinks we suck" - which was Brady's whine...and it's totally absurd. They are making up bulletin board material.

That's hardly the same thing as "everybody thinks we suck" - which was Brady's whine...and it's totally absurd. They are making up bulletin board material.
    Well, "everybody thinks we suck" probably plays better than "everybody hates us because we cheat."

It looks a lot less absurd when you hang 35 points in the first half.

Coaches motivate players in any way they think may work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    It looks a lot less absurd when you hang 35 points in the first half.

Coaches motivate players in any way they think may work.
    I will say for the THIRD TIME...I am NOT saying it doesn't work. I'm saying it's whiney and unseemly and absurd. Also, this is not Belichick managing Brady, Brady is fully his own man and has been for over a decade. And what you said is STILL nothing like 'we suck.'

I will say for the THIRD TIME...I am NOT saying it doesn't work. I'm saying it's whiney and unseemly and absurd. Also, this is not Belichick managing Brady, Brady is fully his own man and has been for over a decade. And what you said is STILL nothing like 'we suck.'
    Nobody is arguing any different. Just saying if it works (which you agree it does) then it is acceptable in our opinions.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Kansas City weather report

https://www.kansascity.com/weather/a...224833295.html

At the scheduled 5:40 p.m. kickoff of the game, temperatures are expected to be 22 degrees with a wind chill around 14 degrees. Throughout the game, temperatures will fall slightly into the upper teens. Wind chills, however, will drop into the single digits.
    Brrrr!
    Bob Green

Greg the Leg really earned his nickname today. That 57-yard game winner might have been good from 70.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Saints got screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Saints got screwed.
    Nuts and bolts! Nuts and bolts! We got ...

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Saints got screwed.
    On balance? Not at all.

I had no rooting interest in the Saints-Rams game. But the blown PI call absolutely cost New Orleans a spot in the Super Bowl. Or at least 99 percent of absolutely. I wonder if the NFL now has a Don Dekinger analog.

The refs are about to become the story in NE@KC as well.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Pretty amazing weekend of sports

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    The refs are about to become the story in NE@KC as well.
    They've certainly impacted the game but I don't think there was any call that's been clearly wrong (maybe the KC penalty where he swipped Brady and missed his helmet but got called for roughing the passer. And that was a 3rd and 8). And I don't really care who wins. Then they've gotten NE on some pass interference ones that could be questionable so probably evened out. Edelman didn't touch it on the "muff" so I think they got that call right. On right on cue, another review...

Holy cow...game is over with an interception and KC gets called for offsides...stupid. Didn't impact anything but certainly did line up in the neutral zone. Painful. Can't believe it. Most costly stupid penalty of that guy's career for sure. Pat's certainly didn't know it was a free play. And NE just scored a TD. 39 seconds left, Pat's up 3. I guess not over...

If the KC db turns around on Gronkowski that's a interception. That offsides penalty killed K.C.

So... What a great weekend of sports