Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Pretty nice response by the Chargers there.
    Absolutely. The receiver was wide open. I'm pulling for the Chargers but expect the Patriots will win.
    Bob Green

Halftime: Patriots 35, Chargers 7.

Tom Terrific has been terrific. Sony Michel with 16 carries for 105 yards and three TDs. Hopefully, the Chargers can make a game of it in the 2nd half.
    Bob Green

Had to figure the mad evil genius Belichick knew something when he won the toss and chose to receive...he had to know they could move the ball. LA's pass defense was beyond horrid...I guess they call it a zone, but
    Edelman was trotting around in the secondary as if in warmups, no defender near...Brady may or may not be what he was on long balls, but all those short and intermediate throws in the first half were just so easy.

The only question is, are they drinking beer in the Pats' locker room now, or waiting for 4:30?

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I just don't think the Pats have it. Brady does not have the zip on the ball he once had, despite injections of Himalayan goat yogurt and mysterious exercise regimens. He's aging, albeit gracefully.

But to me it's the historically (postseason) underperforming force (Chargers) vs. the declining object (Pats), so who knows who prevails?
    I've heard this said but I'm not sold. I think it's just a case of coasting in the regular season LeBron style.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Had to figure the mad evil genius Belichick knew something when he won the toss and chose to receive...he had to know they could move the ball. LA's pass defense was beyond horrid...I guess they call it a zone, but
    Edelman was trotting around in the secondary as if in warmups, no defender near...Brady may or may not be what he was on long balls, but all those short and intermediate throws in the first half were just so easy.

The only question is, are they drinking beer in the Pats' locker room now, or waiting for 4:30?
    Guess we will know once we see if Hoyer is in at qb for the 2nd half or not.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by JNort View Post
    I've heard this said but I'm not sold. I think it's just a case of coasting in the regular season LeBron style.
    Could be. In any event they're coasting today Budwom style, feet up, beer in hand, wondering why the Chargers bothered making the trip. An embarrassing performance by LA, especially defensively.

Could be. In any event they're coasting today Budwom style, feet up, beer in hand, wondering why the Chargers bothered making the trip. An embarrassing performance by LA, especially defensively.
    Rivers yelling at his players constantly, yelling at refs about every play. Not a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Rivers yelling at his players constantly, yelling at refs about every play. Not a fan.
    I agree, whiney all the way, it seems to be who he is. If he wants to yell at someone, it should be his pitiful defensive colleagues.

End of 1st quarter: Eagles 14, Saints 0

The Nick Foles magic continues...for now, 45 minutes of football remain.
    Bob Green

I watched one and a half Eagles possessions and heard 4 references to how Alshon Jeffrey is like a basketball player you're throwing an alley-oop to. I'm done watching football for the day. I already had Dickie V this weekend and the annoying announcer olympics just aren't worth it when I'm not a fan of one of the teams playing.

Quote Originally Posted by kmspeaks View Post
    I watched one and a half Eagles possessions and heard 4 references to how Alshon Jeffrey is like a basketball player you're throwing an alley-oop to. I'm done watching football for the day. I already had Dickie V this weekend and the annoying announcer olympics just aren't worth it when I'm not a fan of one of the teams playing.
    The mute button is your friend.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    The mute button is your friend.
    Herbstreit is not normally one who gets on my nerves but I thoroughly enjoyed the Sounds of the Game broadcast of the Alabama-Clemson game. They had the crowd and field mics so you could still hear penalty announcements and the PA guy but no ESPN announcers and it was amazing. Wish that was an option for every game.

Top seeds come through at home in both conferences. Hoping for the same next weekend.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Top seeds come through at home in both conferences. Hoping for the same next weekend.
    I did okay betting that way but only taking the Chiefs next weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    I've never been a Pats "hater" - even as many millions are - but I got disgusted when I heard some of their post game comments after beating the Chargers. Brady was whining that everybody thinks they "suck" and so on. What a whiny baby. You've been heralded as the GOAT QB and your team and organization have been lauded for years...and now that a few people think the Patriot dynasty is winding down....you gonna go there?

I may start hating them now.

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    I've never been a Pats "hater" - even as many millions are - but I got disgusted when I heard some of their post game comments after beating the Chargers. Brady was whining that everybody thinks they "suck" and so on. What a whiny baby. You've been heralded as the GOAT QB and your team and organization have been lauded for years...and now that a few people think the Patriot dynasty is winding down...you gonna go there?

I may start hating them now.
    It's just a common thing most teams do though... Although it is annoying as heck. They love playing the victims
    Last edited by JNort; 01-13-2019 at 11:58 PM.

It's just a common thing most teams do though... Although it is annoying as heck. They love playing the victims
    Actually in this situation, with this team, it is not common at all, and quite inappropriate. This is why Scott Van Pelt led Sports Center with more or less "WTF are Brady and the Pats talking about?" This is bizarre way beyond the normal "we been dissed" comment from an average team. Yeah, I get a lot of teams do this. Not a lot of dynasties do it.

Husband-of-weezie's man crush on Drew Brees deepens. I don't begrudge him (big of me, yes) since the poor man has listened to my Detroit sports bellyaching for decades.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    Actually in this situation, with this team, it is not common at all, and quite inappropriate. This is why Scott Van Pelt led Sports Center with more or less "WTF are Brady and the Pats talking about?" This is bizarre way beyond the normal "we been dissed" comment from an average team. Yeah, I get a lot of teams do this. Not a lot of dynasties do it.
    Fair I suppose but I don't see it like that. Doesn't matter if it's the UCONN women's basketball team or someone who hasn't won a game all year. You use what motivations you can to elevate the team play. All year we've heard the Pats are done, Brady is too old, Gronk is done, it's time for the younger qbs to take over, etc... If it gets them to play like they did this past weekend it seems it worked (small sample clearly).

Fair I suppose but I don't see it like that. Doesn't matter if it's the UCONN women's basketball team or someone who hasn't won a game all year. You use what motivations you can to elevate the team play. All year we've heard the Pats are done, Brady is too old, Gronk is done, it's time for the younger qbs to take over, etc... If it gets them to play like they did this past weekend it seems it worked (small sample clearly).
    The discussion on my part was NEVER ABOUT WHETHER IT WORKED OR NOT. It clearly does. The discussion was about how unseemly it is, and it is unseemly, especially for a team like the Patriots. The ages of Gronk and Brady are what they are....hardly people saying "they suck." Childish. I've noticed K never goes there with motivation.