Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 309

Thread: NFL Playoffs

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Albemarle, North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    I saw DeShaun Watson's post game interview, or a snippet of it. Considering how poorly he played, he was kinda snippy and arrogant. Un Dabo like. Un DeShaun like actually.
    I saw the first half of his post game and it wasn't anything like that. He praised the Colts for executing better than them, praised Hopkins for playing through an injury, said he was gonna focus on the future and come back better next year. Again that was only the first half so maybe a question got him worked up towards the end. I'll go back and watch the rest.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    I don’t know who is behind @CaptAndrewLuck, but it is genius. It is written as if Andrew Luck is writing home from the Civil War. Most recent:

    Dearest mother —
    Our victory frolicking has ceased. We must now begin our march to Kansas City to battle a unit of such great stature, every member has been granted the title of Chief. Our path has been long and winding, but I have never seen the men’s spirits higher.
    — Andrew
    1991 -- 1992 -- 2001 -- 2010 -- 2015

  3. #23

    zzzzz

    8 of 11 scores today in football have been FGs......(by my very quick count)
    Don't waste your time on House of Cards S6!
    -We found out Frank was critical to making anyone else in the show interesting...not a surprise...

  4. #24
    Ughhhh as a Bears fan, so painful. First, three great stops at the 2 yard line and then give up a TD on 4th down. Then the double boink FG miss (off the upright and then the crossbar) that sadly reminded me of Grayson's miss against Kansas as it was in twice. So painful. Feel bad for Parkey but I guess that's sports! A game of inches...

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Ughhhh as a Bears fan, so painful. First, three great stops at the 2 yard line and then give up a TD on 4th down. Then the double boink FG miss (off the upright and then the crossbar) that sadly reminded me of Grayson's miss against Kansas as it was in twice. So painful. Feel bad for Parkey but I guess that's sports! A game of inches...
    No doubt about it. Heart-wrenching. The supposed worst QB in the NFL (per DBR) leads a brilliant drive to set up the field goal well within range, and he hits the upright for the sixth time this season.

    Good defensive effort by both sides. Neither team could get it going. Kudos to the Eagles for doing just enough on offense, and to their defense for getting enough stops in the red zone to stay in the game.

    But, stupid kickers 🤬

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    No doubt about it. Heart-wrenching. The supposed worst QB in the NFL (per DBR) leads a brilliant drive to set up the field goal well within range, and he hits the upright for the sixth time this season.

    Good defensive effort by both sides. Neither team could get it going. Kudos to the Eagles for doing just enough on offense, and to their defense for getting enough stops in the red zone to stay in the game.

    But, stupid kickers 🤬
    Too late for this year, but going forward I propose a simple fix. The Bears should put a third upright centered between the other two and located in the stands.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    So, he earned the other 4?

    no... they were most likely cheating in 2002, DEFINITELY cheating in 2004 and 2005. They were GIFTED the 2015 title with the worst play call of all time when the seahawks, facing 2nd and goal on the 1yd line, opted for a pass play.

    they most likely "won" the 2017 superbowl with and amazing comeback against the Falcons.
    "Either they're going down, or we are! Kirk out!"

  8. #28

    As an Eagles Fan

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Ughhhh as a Bears fan, so painful. First, three great stops at the 2 yard line and then give up a TD on 4th down. Then the double boink FG miss (off the upright and then the crossbar) that sadly reminded me of Grayson's miss against Kansas as it was in twice. So painful. Feel bad for Parkey but I guess that's sports! A game of inches...
    I somehow feel for the Bears fans. The players play so hard in these games and then you lose like that. Evidently one of the Eagles got a finger on the kick and may have deflected it enough.

    But I had about given up the game, then the fourth down touchdown. I thought (I am biased) that the ball crossed the line enough on the extra points play for the Eagles to get two but they did not. Then the missed field goal. Wow.

    How about the play where the Bear receiver caught the ball, fumbled, but the refs signaled incomplete and blew whistles. Ball is lying on the field and because of lack of a clear recovery is ruled incomplete. Second lack of a clear recovery for the Eagles this year and I can remember it ever in balls that stay in bounds. Could the Eagles have recovered after the whistles blew?

    What a game.

    SoCal

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN.
    I'm a homer, but I think the Colts get by KC this weekend.

    My order of preference:

    Colts
    Rams
    Eagles
    Chiefs
    Chargers
    Cowboys
    Saints
    Pats

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Ughhhh as a Bears fan, so painful. First, three great stops at the 2 yard line and then give up a TD on 4th down. Then the double boink FG miss (off the upright and then the crossbar) that sadly reminded me of Grayson's miss against Kansas as it was in twice. So painful. Feel bad for Parkey but I guess that's sports! A game of inches...
    Kickers have their preferences I guess, but I noticed from the right hash, this kick had to go across the kickers body. From the middle of the field, it's straight on of course, and from the left hash, it seems a little easier angle for a right footed kicker. I've kicked a little bit, and I always preferred the more open angle than kicking across the body. Sometimes it seems like the play calls, when trying to set up a FG, don't take this into account.

    I noticed he mentioned playing the wind a little bit, and it is the Windy city...but a 43 yarder is no gimme.
    Don't waste your time on House of Cards S6!
    -We found out Frank was critical to making anyone else in the show interesting...not a surprise...

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hot'Lanta... home of the Falcons!
    Stunning Deshawn Watson factoid: Yesterday was the first time he had started and finished a game at QB and his team lost by more than a TD since he was in high school. Every single college game and every single pro game has either been a win or a one possession game. Wow...
    I don't know what you are doing right now, but if you aren't listening to the DBR Podcast, you're doing it wrong.

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Northwest Indiana
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Stunning Deshawn Watson factoid: Yesterday was the first time he had started and finished a game at QB and his team lost by more than a TD since he was in high school. Every single college game and every single pro game has either been a win or a one possession game. Wow...
    Yep, read this on Grantland 2.0 on Friday, which without a doubt cursed the Texans this weekend.

    https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2019/1...s-nfl-playoffs
    "Hey, that's Duke LaMere. You know what his name is? His name is Duke LaMere." - Dick Vitale, 12/2/2008 https://youtu.be/B9G9zFzi7Is

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Stunning Deshawn Watson factoid: Yesterday was the first time he had started and finished a game at QB and his team lost by more than a TD since he was in high school. Every single college game and every single pro game has either been a win or a one possession game. Wow...
    That's....that's....that's freaking astounding. How is that even possible?
    Don't waste your time on House of Cards S6!
    -We found out Frank was critical to making anyone else in the show interesting...not a surprise...

  14. #34
    Kickers sure played a huge role this weekend, with injuries, misses, onside kicks, etc.

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Kickers sure played a huge role this weekend, with injuries, misses, onside kicks, etc.
    well, seems like each team DEFINITELY needs 2 of them...
    "Either they're going down, or we are! Kirk out!"

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    No doubt about it. Heart-wrenching. The supposed worst QB in the NFL (per DBR) leads a brilliant drive to set up the field goal well within range, and he hits the upright for the sixth time this season.

    Good defensive effort by both sides. Neither team could get it going. Kudos to the Eagles for doing just enough on offense, and to their defense for getting enough stops in the red zone to stay in the game.

    But, stupid kickers 🤬
    Chicago's got to get to 17 points at home against that decimated Eagles secondary, though. Also, ending the drive with a 43-yard FG attempt for a shaky kicker in windy Chicago isn't going to get young Trubisky an NFL Films voiceover treatment. Get 15 more yards, and now we're talking.

    That said, Trubisky is clearly not the worst QB in the league. He's young and had an excellent QBR this season under a new coach / offensive mind. Hopefully Nagy can further develop him.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    pete and russell handed brady a ring...there's no forgiveness for that...EVER...

    i haven't pulled for the cowboys since jimmy johnson was there, but i did last night...
    Darell Bevell would again like to talk credit.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    I'm a homer, but I think the Colts get by KC this weekend.

    My order of preference:

    Colts
    Rams
    Eagles
    Chiefs
    Chargers
    Cowboys
    Saints
    Pats
    Will this be the year the Chiefs beat the Playoff Curse of the Colts? I certainly hope so.

  19. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hot'Lanta... home of the Falcons!
    Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    That's...that's...that's freaking astounding. How is that even possible?
    Well, his college career was at Clemson and he was not the starter as a freshman. As a Soph and a Junior, they went 14-1 both seasons with a 5 point loss to Bama one year and a 1 point loss to Pitt the next.

    His rookie year in the NFL, he got hurt so he only played half the season. This year they were pretty good, winning 11 games and with 5 close losses.

    That is how it is possible... but it still is really impressive.
    I don't know what you are doing right now, but if you aren't listening to the DBR Podcast, you're doing it wrong.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Well, his college career was at Clemson and he was not the starter as a freshman. As a Soph and a Junior, they went 14-1 both seasons with a 5 point loss to Bama one year and a 1 point loss to Pitt the next.

    His rookie year in the NFL, he got hurt so he only played half the season. This year they were pretty good, winning 11 games and with 5 close losses.

    That is how it is possible... but it still is really impressive.
    Yeah, on second thought, it's not that many total games, and all for good to great teams. But still, as you said, quite impressive. Usually a young QB adjusting to college - then to the NFL - will have that one disastrous 4 interception game somewhere along the lines.
    Don't waste your time on House of Cards S6!
    -We found out Frank was critical to making anyone else in the show interesting...not a surprise...

Similar Threads

  1. MLB Playoffs
    By A-Tex Devil in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 10-30-2018, 08:39 AM
  2. NHL Playoffs
    By Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-05-2017, 09:40 PM
  3. NHL Playoffs
    By mr. synellinden in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 06-26-2013, 04:02 PM
  4. NBA Playoffs
    By superdave in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 748
    Last Post: 06-18-2011, 12:51 AM
  5. NHL Playoffs
    By mac46 in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 06-14-2011, 12:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •