Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Playoffs

i'm hoping:

cheefs
    boyz
    meteor
    eaglez
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    i'm hoping:

cheefs
    boyz
    meteor
    eaglez
    Wassup with hatin on the Chargers???

The sadist in me wants to see a Saints-Patriots Super Bowl, because the municipal histrionics surrounding a Super Bowl week in Atlanta featuring those two teams would be quite a sight to see.

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    Wassup with hatin on the Chargers???
    elite distain for both QB's and super KICKASSZ distain for belicheat...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    elite distain for both QB's and super KICKASSZ distain for belicheat...
    I cannot fathom how you would lump Rivers and Brady into the same category of disdain. But that probably stems from how much I have followed him.

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    I cannot fathom how you would lump Rivers and Brady into the same category of disdain. But that probably stems from how much I have followed him.
    I love Brady and Rivers is ok. I would like Rivers more if he didn't yell all the time and would quit having kids. He also,is frequently overrated imo. He's good but not great.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by JNort View Post
    I love Brady and Rivers is ok. I would like Rivers more if he didn't yell all the time and would quit having kids. He also,is frequently overrated imo. He's good but not great.
    lol, that's such a strange reason to dislike someone.

(Tread carefully if you want to explain it as I imagine it's PPB-ish, whatever the reason is. Actually, I'd almost prefer you not explain it.)

I think Rivers is a pretty darn compelling personality. I'd love to see him bring some hardware home.

Have some good friends that knew Rivers when he was at NS State. Find myself rooting for him because of what I've heard from them (he's a great guy off the field).

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    lol, that's such a strange reason to dislike someone.

(Tread carefully if you want to explain it as I imagine it's PPB-ish, whatever the reason is. Actually, I'd almost prefer you not explain it.)
    +1. Who cares how many kids he has?
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    +2. I don't want that many offspring, but he can certainly afford to give them a good life, and by all accounts, he's a good, clean-living man. I saw a piece on ESPN not long ago about how he is very verbally demonstrative all the time, but never uses profanity. Several teammates ribbed him good-naturedly about it in interviews and very clearly conveyed their enjoyment of him as a teammate. I have no problems with the man and would rather see him win the SB than at least 5 of the other 7 QBs.

EXACTLY: from what I've heard, he married his HS sweetheart before he got to college - and they've been together and his kids are with one woman. Not only is that a strange reason to dislike someone...I think it's a great reason to respect them even more...or at least be neutral about them.

Never found a reason to dislike him...ever.

Who cares how many kids he has?
    His wife! The man definitely has the easier part of that arrangement.

Latest from Captain Luck:

Dearest mother —
    I write you as snow falls. The camp has settled down. The men are reflecting on the most meaningful moments of the campaign. They are as humble as they are grateful. Tomorrow shall be our most significant battle yet. We are ready for a fight. I love you.
    — Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    EXACTLY: from what I've heard, he married his HS sweetheart before he got to college - and they've been together and his kids are with one woman. Not only is that a strange reason to dislike someone...I think it's a great reason to respect them even more...or at least be neutral about them.

Never found a reason to dislike him...ever.
    I never said I disliked him, I was pointing out 3 of my biggest flaws with him. Yes to whomever said it would open up a discussion that wouldn't be allowed on here.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

I don't follow the league ultra closely, but I see a conflict as Rivers visits the Pats. On one hand, the Chargers like to choke; It's too cold for them! On the other hand, even though the Pats always seem to win these early home playoff games, I
    think we could be seeing the beginning of the end for that dynasty...Brady just isn't what he was, same for some of his mates...does he have enough to win a few more? I would not be surprised to see the Pats stumble...

I never said I disliked him, I was pointing out 3 of my biggest flaws with him. Yes to whomever said it would open up a discussion that wouldn't be allowed on here.
    Haha, what a flawed man, this Philip Rivers. (Hopefully this picture doesn't trigger a stroke in you.)

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    Have some good friends that knew Rivers when he was at NS State. Find myself rooting for him because of what I've heard from them (he's a great guy off the field).
    My friends have met his wife as well and like her very much. These are good friends of mine who's judgement I trust. I have never met Philip or his wife so my knowledge is second hand but from a hand I trust. I'm rooting for Philip Rivers over what's basically become the NFL's second 'evil empire' (the first, of course, is the Cowgirls).

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Haha, what a flawed man, this Philip Rivers. (Hopefully this picture doesn't trigger a stroke in you.)

"Groucho: “How many children do you have?”

Mrs. Story: “Nineteen, Groucho.”

Groucho: “Nineteen?! Why do you have so many children? It must be a terrible responsibility and a burden.”

Mrs. Story: “Well, because I love my children — and I think that’s our purpose here on Earth — and I love my husband.”

Groucho: “I love my cigar, too, but I take it out of my mouth once in a while!”
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Chief playing in the snowstorm
    Below freezin’ inFoxboro
    Tee shirts in New Orleans and California
    .all four home teams are favored today
    Last week 3 home teams lost

Playoffs are different...

GO BLUEDEVILS...BEAT FSU
    GTHcGTH