Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Haha, what a flawed man, this Philip Rivers. (Hopefully this picture doesn't trigger a stroke in you.)
    Don't know why it would. I'm afraid the only one who seems to have been triggered by something is yourself. I wouldn't consider him a flawed a man either, why do you think he is? He has flaws I'm sure but I'm not privy to them.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by JNort View Post
    I love Brady and Rivers is ok. I would like Rivers more if he didn't yell all the time and would quit having kids. He also,is frequently overrated imo. He's good but not great.
    Let's examine. You said in another post you stated three reasons to only think he's "ok."

1. Yelling all the time. That's a defendable position. I don't agree, but it's defendable.
    2. Too many kids. I'm sorry, there is nothing I can say that is acceptable on this forum to adequately describe my immense problems with that statement. Look at the family photo....the only thing not to like there is that they're too perfect! But that's not what you meant.
    3. Overrated. Uh, really not logical to blame someone who is over rated for their being over rated. They're not the ones doing the over rating.

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    Let's examine. You said in another post you stated three reasons to only think he's "ok."

1. Yelling all the time. That's a defendable position. I don't agree, but it's defendable.
    2. Too many kids. I'm sorry, there is nothing I can say that is acceptable on this forum to adequately describe my immense problems with that statement. Look at the family photo...the only thing not to like there is that they're too perfect! But that's not what you meant.
    3. Overrated. Uh, really not logical to blame someone who is over rated for their being over rated. They're not the ones doing the over rating.
    So not having a bad or great opinion on Rivers isn't ok? I'm just not following that at all. I don't mind him is what I was reffering to and that is how I feel about most players. Very few would I say I truly like and even fewer that I despise in the NFL.

In regards to #2 I said I can't defend it on this board. I also never said I have issues with his family, they do seem wonderful from the little I have see and he apparently is a good father to them. Those issues are irrelevant entirely with what I'm getting at.

Finally with #3 I never again said I blame him for being frequently overrated to me. The fans and some media do that, it's no different than when it happens to any other athlete. It's just points taken away so to speak, if he were underrated it would be points towards him.

Heck I'm pulling for the Chargers all year normally only because Rivers.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

I'll say this much about Rivers:
    - He's a very good QB. Overrated? I don't see it that way but considering his lack of success in the playoffs I can 100% see how someone would feel that way
    - I am, at times, not on board with his sideline behavior. If his teammates are on board and all is well, what I think and $5 will get you a $5 cup of coffee
    - Mostly I want to see him win today because he's playing the Pats (I don't think I'm a Pats hater, I'm just ready for someone else with more tact to win)

So not having a bad or great opinion on Rivers isn't ok? I'm just not following that at all.
    I'll help you follow then.

A: it is perfectly okay for you to have an opinion on Rivers and to express it here.
    B: It is perfectly okay FOR ME TO HAVE AN OPINION ON YOUR OPINION and express it here.

Got it?

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    I'll help you follow then.

A: it is perfectly okay for you to have an opinion on Rivers and to express it here.
    B: It is perfectly okay FOR ME TO HAVE AN OPINION ON YOUR OPINION and express it here.

Got it?
    No i don't actually. It would be one thing to just express an opinion of my opinion but that's not what happened, at least in my eyes. Perhaps I misread your post but it seemed to me you misrepresented me by setting it up as saying "ok" was a bad thing when it's just entirely neutral.

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    I'll say this much about Rivers:
    - He's a very good QB. Overrated? I don't see it that way but considering his lack of success in the playoffs I can 100% see how someone would feel that way
    - I am, at times, not on board with his sideline behavior. If his teammates are on board and all is well, what I think and $5 will get you a $5 cup of coffee
    - Mostly I want to see him win today because he's playing the Pats (I don't think I'm a Pats hater, I'm just ready for someone else with more tact to win)
    For the most part I think he's been just okay as a qb. I mean he is frequently brought up in hall of fame conversations (as is Eli who also shouldn't be included imo). The playoff success doesn't matter to me, it's just icing on the cake of a career in football. It's that he averages around 29 tds and 21 turnovers a season.

The Playoff Curse of the Colts is broken!

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    The Playoff Curse of the Colts is broken!
    You mean Chiefs?

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    You mean Chiefs?
    Chefs
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Chefs
    I feel like that's a game I wanna go to.

I feel like that's a game I wanna go to.
    Prolly want to check how fertile they are.
    Demented and sad, but social, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    You mean Chiefs?
    The Colts have managed to beat the Chiefs in some interesting ways over the years so they have been our curse.

Of course, the Chiefs have managed to lose to quite a few teams in the post season.

How'd the Cowboys do tonight vs the Rams?

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    How'd the Cowboys do tonight vs the Rams?
    Perfectly!

With the Cowboys dispatched, I can turn my Super Bowl interest to these two priorities (in this order):

(1) Not the Patriots; and

(2) Not LA vs. LA
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    With the Cowboys dispatched, I can turn my Super Bowl interest to these two priorities (in this order):

(1) Not the Patriots; and

(2) Not LA vs. LA
    Hmm...this is tricky. LA vs. LA in the Super Bowl almost might be worse than the Patriots winning another one. I definitely can't root for the Patriots today, so I guess I'll have to root for one or both LA teams to get knocked out next round (which is fine, as I predicted a KC vs. NO Super Bowl).

I just don't think the Pats have it. Brady does not have the zip on the ball he once had, despite injections of Himalayan goat yogurt and mysterious exercise regimens. He's aging, albeit gracefully.

But to me it's the historically (postseason) underperforming force (Chargers) vs. the declining object (Pats), so who knows who prevails?

Patriots executed like a well oiled machine on that opening TD drive.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Patriots executed like a well oiled machine on that opening TD drive.
    Pretty nice response by the Chargers there.