Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    I saw DeShaun Watson's post game interview, or a snippet of it. Considering how poorly he played, he was kinda snippy and arrogant. Un Dabo like. Un DeShaun like actually.
    I saw the first half of his post game and it wasn't anything like that. He praised the Colts for executing better than them, praised Hopkins for playing through an injury, said he was gonna focus on the future and come back better next year. Again that was only the first half so maybe a question got him worked up towards the end. I'll go back and watch the rest.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

I don’t know who is behind @CaptAndrewLuck, but it is genius. It is written as if Andrew Luck is writing home from the Civil War. Most recent:

Dearest mother —
    Our victory frolicking has ceased. We must now begin our march to Kansas City to battle a unit of such great stature, every member has been granted the title of Chief. Our path has been long and winding, but I have never seen the men’s spirits higher.
    — Andrew

zzzzz

8 of 11 scores today in football have been FGs......(by my very quick count)

Ughhhh as a Bears fan, so painful. First, three great stops at the 2 yard line and then give up a TD on 4th down. Then the double boink FG miss (off the upright and then the crossbar) that sadly reminded me of Grayson's miss against Kansas as it was in twice. So painful. Feel bad for Parkey but I guess that's sports! A game of inches...

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Ughhhh as a Bears fan, so painful. First, three great stops at the 2 yard line and then give up a TD on 4th down. Then the double boink FG miss (off the upright and then the crossbar) that sadly reminded me of Grayson's miss against Kansas as it was in twice. So painful. Feel bad for Parkey but I guess that's sports! A game of inches...
    No doubt about it. Heart-wrenching. The supposed worst QB in the NFL (per DBR) leads a brilliant drive to set up the field goal well within range, and he hits the upright for the sixth time this season.

Good defensive effort by both sides. Neither team could get it going. Kudos to the Eagles for doing just enough on offense, and to their defense for getting enough stops in the red zone to stay in the game.

But, stupid kickers 🤬

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    No doubt about it. Heart-wrenching. The supposed worst QB in the NFL (per DBR) leads a brilliant drive to set up the field goal well within range, and he hits the upright for the sixth time this season.

Good defensive effort by both sides. Neither team could get it going. Kudos to the Eagles for doing just enough on offense, and to their defense for getting enough stops in the red zone to stay in the game.

But, stupid kickers 🤬
    Too late for this year, but going forward I propose a simple fix. The Bears should put a third upright centered between the other two and located in the stands.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    So, he earned the other 4?

no... they were most likely cheating in 2002, DEFINITELY cheating in 2004 and 2005. They were GIFTED the 2015 title with the worst play call of all time when the seahawks, facing 2nd and goal on the 1yd line, opted for a pass play.

they most likely "won" the 2017 superbowl with and amazing comeback against the Falcons.
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

As an Eagles Fan

I somehow feel for the Bears fans. The players play so hard in these games and then you lose like that. Evidently one of the Eagles got a finger on the kick and may have deflected it enough.

But I had about given up the game, then the fourth down touchdown. I thought (I am biased) that the ball crossed the line enough on the extra points play for the Eagles to get two but they did not. Then the missed field goal. Wow.

How about the play where the Bear receiver caught the ball, fumbled, but the refs signaled incomplete and blew whistles. Ball is lying on the field and because of lack of a clear recovery is ruled incomplete. Second lack of a clear recovery for the Eagles this year and I can remember it ever in balls that stay in bounds. Could the Eagles have recovered after the whistles blew?

What a game.

SoCal

I'm a homer, but I think the Colts get by KC this weekend.

My order of preference:

Colts
    Rams
    Eagles
    Chiefs
    Chargers
    Cowboys
    Saints
    Pats

Kickers have their preferences I guess, but I noticed from the right hash, this kick had to go across the kickers body. From the middle of the field, it's straight on of course, and from the left hash, it seems a little easier angle for a right footed kicker. I've kicked a little bit, and I always preferred the more open angle than kicking across the body. Sometimes it seems like the play calls, when trying to set up a FG, don't take this into account.

I noticed he mentioned playing the wind a little bit, and it is the Windy city...but a 43 yarder is no gimme.

Stunning Deshawn Watson factoid: Yesterday was the first time he had started and finished a game at QB and his team lost by more than a TD since he was in high school. Every single college game and every single pro game has either been a win or a one possession game. Wow...
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Stunning Deshawn Watson factoid: Yesterday was the first time he had started and finished a game at QB and his team lost by more than a TD since he was in high school. Every single college game and every single pro game has either been a win or a one possession game. Wow...
    Yep, read this on Grantland 2.0 on Friday, which without a doubt cursed the Texans this weekend.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2019/1...s-nfl-playoffs

That's....that's....that's freaking astounding. How is that even possible?

Kickers sure played a huge role this weekend, with injuries, misses, onside kicks, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Kickers sure played a huge role this weekend, with injuries, misses, onside kicks, etc.
    well, seems like each team DEFINITELY needs 2 of them...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post

But, stupid kickers 🤬
    Chicago's got to get to 17 points at home against that decimated Eagles secondary, though. Also, ending the drive with a 43-yard FG attempt for a shaky kicker in windy Chicago isn't going to get young Trubisky an NFL Films voiceover treatment. Get 15 more yards, and now we're talking.

That said, Trubisky is clearly not the worst QB in the league. He's young and had an excellent QBR this season under a new coach / offensive mind. Hopefully Nagy can further develop him.

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    pete and russell handed brady a ring...there's no forgiveness for that...EVER...

i haven't pulled for the cowboys since jimmy johnson was there, but i did last night...
    Darell Bevell would again like to talk credit.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    I'm a homer, but I think the Colts get by KC this weekend.

My order of preference:

Colts
    Rams
    Eagles
    Chiefs
    Chargers
    Cowboys
    Saints
    Pats
    Will this be the year the Chiefs beat the Playoff Curse of the Colts? I certainly hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    That's...that's...that's freaking astounding. How is that even possible?
    Well, his college career was at Clemson and he was not the starter as a freshman. As a Soph and a Junior, they went 14-1 both seasons with a 5 point loss to Bama one year and a 1 point loss to Pitt the next.

His rookie year in the NFL, he got hurt so he only played half the season. This year they were pretty good, winning 11 games and with 5 close losses.

That is how it is possible... but it still is really impressive.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Well, his college career was at Clemson and he was not the starter as a freshman. As a Soph and a Junior, they went 14-1 both seasons with a 5 point loss to Bama one year and a 1 point loss to Pitt the next.

His rookie year in the NFL, he got hurt so he only played half the season. This year they were pretty good, winning 11 games and with 5 close losses.

That is how it is possible... but it still is really impressive.
    Yeah, on second thought, it's not that many total games, and all for good to great teams. But still, as you said, quite impressive. Usually a young QB adjusting to college - then to the NFL - will have that one disastrous 4 interception game somewhere along the lines.