#National Trivia Day

Who were Duke's starting 5 in the infamous game when the crazies all wore green t-shirts for Earth Day? And who was the opponent?
    ~rthomas

Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    Who were Duke's starting 5 in the infamous game when the crazies all wore green t-shirts for Earth Day? And who was the opponent?
    Can't remember the starters or even the opponent, but I'll never forget the Crazies throwing the shirts on the court because we were losing due to bad mother nature luck. I remember saying the exact same thing to my wife and feeling vindicated when they tossed them and the team came back and won!

I think we were playing N.C. State. Guessing around the Singler / Smith / Zoubek era?

It wasn't for Earth Day (which is in April), but for some other campus-wide green initiative.

Off the top of my head, was it the 2012 game against NC State? Meaning the lineup would have been something like Thornton-Curry-Rivers-Kelly-Plumlee?

~rthomas

St. Patrick’s Day?????

2008 Game against NC State

Not sure on the starters but I would guess Paulus, Nelson, Henderson, Singler, and Zoubek?

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by thedukelamere View Post
    Can't remember the starters or even the opponent, but I'll never forget the Crazies throwing the shirts on the court because we were losing due to bad mother nature luck. I remember saying the exact same thing to my wife and feeling vindicated when they tossed them and the team came back and won!
    I was on the floor that evening with an NC State friend who was in a wheelchair. Halftime, losing, the green shirts came off and the blue shined in the second half. (Of course, green shorts would have been more appropriate!)

I think they collected the shirts, and are still selling them in the Duke store.

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    I think they collected the shirts, and are still selling them in the Duke store.
    maybe I can get mine back, then!

Felt really bad for the cheerleaders who had a show prepared for halftime...which was then ruined by the crazies aiming for the recyling "bins" they brought out.

The place went nuts when the devil came back out after halftime without the green shirt.
    1200. DDMF.

further proof that there is lucky clothing and unlucky clothing, as if proof were required.

I too was at that game and it was definitely against NC State in 2008. The starters would have been Paulus, Singler, Thomas, Henderson, and Nelson (unless someone was injured that I forgot about). I feel like Scheyer became a starter later in that season.

We were down 9 at the half and absolutely blitzed them in the second half. I think we wound up winning by close to 20 points. I vividly recall seeing shirt burning after the game.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I vividly recall seeing shirt burning after the game.
    "A Bonfire of the BadLuckTees."

This guy was once a starting quarterback under David Cutcliffe. In 2003, he lost the closest National League Batting title ever (.35849 to .35871). Who was this player and who did he lose to?

Quote Originally Posted by House G View Post
    This guy was once a starting quarterback under David Cutcliffe. In 2003, he lost the closest National League Batting title ever (.35849 to .35871). Who was this player and who did he lose to?
    The St Louis Cardinals own(at that time) Albert Pujols won the NL title in a close race with one of the Rockies hitters. It's either Tulo or Helton. I'll go with Helton because I think he won a hitting title once or twice. GoRedbirds and GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    The St Louis Cardinals own(at that time) Albert Pujols won the NL title in a close race with one of the Rockies hitters. It's either Tulo or Helton. I'll go with Helton because I think he won a hitting title once or twice. GoRedbirds and GoDuke!
    You are correct sir! In 1994, Helton was a junior QB at Tennessee. When the starting QB got hurt in the first game, Helton took over. Three weeks later, he went down with a knee injury. Some freshman named Manning then took the reins.

Quote Originally Posted by House G View Post
    You are correct sir! In 1994, Helton was a junior QB at Tennessee. When the starting QB got hurt in the first game, Helton took over. Three weeks later, he went down with a knee injury. Some freshman named Manning then took the reins.
    I was gonna give a clue. When he retired, Peyton Manning was in the home team dugout.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013