Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Decision Day draws nigh. Relegations are set, but lots of drama at the top of the table. 1-2 in a battle (Go Liverpool); Chelsea is safely in the top four; Tottenham and Arsenal fighting for the last spot.

Plus, Tottenham about to drop at Ajax to see who meets Liverpool in the UEFA Championship. Man City in the FA Cup final in ten days against Watford.

Fun times!
    Or not. What insanity in the semifinals! Arsenal and Chelsea can, tomorrow, put two English teams in the Europa final too.

And with a win at Brighton on Sunday, Man City will top all of them in the league. Fingers crossed!

Heck of a year of English football, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago 1995 View Post
    Or not. What insanity in the semifinals! Arsenal and Chelsea can, tomorrow, put two English teams in the Europa final too.

And with a win at Brighton on Sunday, Man City will top all of them in the league. Fingers crossed!

Heck of a year of English football, eh?
    Indeed, since I think the one Welsh team is on relegation. (At least I think Cardiff is the only one up this season)

Two preposterous games in two days...

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Two preposterous games in two days...
    I’m floored.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post
    That might be academic. Best case scenario for my Gunners would be a Spurs loss and a win by nine goals. That's their only path. The might fall to seven even. UEFA Cup is their only chance to the Champions League.
    Good to see another Gooner on this board. Very frustrating year.

Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    Good to see another Gooner on this board. Very frustrating year.
    Arsenal is playing a friendly against AS Roma in Charlotte this summer (July 20), fwiw. I'll be there although with a Roma shirt on. (No real personal attachment to either team, but saw a match in Stadio Olimpico last year so I already have the shirt)

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Arsenal is playing a friendly against AS Roma in Charlotte this summer (July 20), fwiw. I'll be there although with a Roma shirt on. (No real personal attachment to either team, but saw a match in Stadio Olimpico last year so I already have the shirt)
    Enjoy!

In Serie A, I root for Juventus. Forza Juve!

All English teams in the CL/EL final.

But, we're all losers since one of Liverpool/Spurs will win the CL.

I bet the good folks of Madrid will be impressed with all the swaggering visitors from Liverpool and London...that's what you get for screwing up the Spanish Armada, boys.

p.s. good news for them, at least it's not Barca...

Comcast is showing something like eight of the matches here on Sunday live. Wall to wall EPL for two hours. Nice!!!!

I see UEFA is taking a page out of the NCAA's book, giving only a total of 16k tickets to fans of Liverpool and Tottenham, the rest go to the swells, Sepp probably gets 20,000 himself (if he's still alive).

Meanwhile the good folks of Madrid are gouging away on hotel prices, might as well cash in even though the locals all crapped the bed.

Fun season in the books. Good luck to Liverpool in the Euro championship and Watford in the FA Cup!

Champions!

One more for the treble next weekend! C’mon City!

The first Saturday morning without matches is the hardest . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I see UEFA is taking a page out of the NCAA's book, giving only a total of 16k tickets to fans of Liverpool and Tottenham, the rest go to the swells, Sepp probably gets 20,000 himself (if he's still alive).

Meanwhile the good folks of Madrid are gouging away on hotel prices, might as well cash in even though the locals all crapped the bed.
    That's better than the 12k Arsenal and Chelsea will split for the EUFA Cup finals...in Azerbaijan which is only slightly in Europe. The site is set years in advance but it's the equivalent of Duke/UNC tournament game in California.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post
    That's better than the 12k Arsenal and Chelsea will split for the EUFA Cup finals...in Azerbaijan which is only slightly in Europe. The site is set years in advance but it's the equivalent of Duke/UNC tournament game in California.
    Or Alabama v. Clemson for the national championship in Santa Clara.

Rugby — not the same.

Walk on . . . .

Better Reds than Spurs. COYG.

That was a clunker of a game, IMO, major letdown...hated seeing the arguable PK call so early in the tiff...blame it on Brexit.