Page 800 of 1306 FirstFirst ... 3007007507907987998008018028108509001300 ... LastLast
Results 15,981 to 16,000 of 26103
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    And more news the President may not like: early ratings show that Biden topped Trump.

(Will probably flip after adjustments are made to add in other sources, but the early headline can't be what he wanted to hear).
    Update — even adding in other tv broadcast sources, Biden still outdrew Trump.

Skipping the debate seems like a bigger and bigger mistake. (Yes there was downside for Trump, but he needs to change the race dramatically — this is just another wasted day on a dwindling calendar).

Oh, and topics selected for final debate if it happens:

“Kristen Welker, moderator of the Oct. 22 presidential debate at [Belmont University] has selected topics: Fighting COVID-19, American Families, Race in America, Climate Change, National Security, Leadership,” announced the Commission on Presidential Debates in a tweet Friday.

“Donald Trump a man in full . . . . “

Although we are supposing this, not sure I’ve seen confirmation of it. (And it’s good supposition I suppose — IIRC, part of the way he survived the 80’s bankruptcies was that some lenders were falling over themselves to be the bank of record for The Donald Trump and did not get personal guarantees. Fool me once . . . .)
    I believe the personal guarantee was reported back in 2017 when the story first broke. I’m not sure how it was confirmed and if outlets are using that information or new information. Here is some resent articles:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox...bts-owes-money

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...ump-taxes.html

Skipping the debate seems like a bigger and bigger mistake. (Yes there was downside for Trump, but he needs to change the race dramatically — this is just another wasted day on a dwindling calendar).
    Absolutely. The last debate was viewed by 73 million. He needed to get his message out to as many people as possible and missed the opportunity.

CNN’s promos of the third debate are intense. You would think it was Tyson/Holyfield (or Floyd/Mcgregor for the younger posters).

Oh, and topics selected for final debate if it happens:
    It looks like they haven't set the rules yet. Trump has said that he doesn't want them changed, but the commission said they will be changed. Trump has zero leverage at this point - he has to do the debate, so he can't threaten to not participate if he doesn't like the rules. And I think Americans, particularly swing voters, are not going to buy into "they are being biased and are out to get me with these changes" after the nightmare that was the first debate.

Voted in CA

Dropped my ballot off at a special drop box on Wednesday and got confirmation on Thursday that it has been received and will be counted.

While my ballot is secret I am willing to confirm that I did not vote for Kanye West for VP.

SoCal

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDukeFan View Post
    Dropped my ballot off at a special drop box on Wednesday and got confirmation on Thursday that it has been received and will be counted.

While my ballot is secret I am willing to confirm that I did not vote for Kanye West for VP.

SoCal
    “Ye 4 VP”

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    All right. Let's shut her down boys. Budwom wins the thread so we can start back after the election when Bostondevil begins the 2024 thread.
    If you leave up to me, it won't happen. Thought I should let you know.

Pres. Trump: “That was a retweet, I’ll put it out there. People can decide for themselves.”

SavannahGuthrie: “I don’t get that. You’re the president. You’re not, like, someone’s crazy uncle who can just retweet whatever.”

Not good for Trump's re-election.
    ~rthomas

“Kristen Welker, moderator of the Oct. 22 presidential debate at [Belmont University] has selected topics: Fighting COVID-19, American Families, Race in America, Climate Change, National Security, Leadership,” announced the Commission on Presidential Debates in a tweet Friday.
    All areas of purported strength for the incumbent...

Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    Pres. Trump: “That was a retweet, I’ll put it out there. People can decide for themselves.”

SavannahGuthrie: “I don’t get that. You’re the president. You’re not, like, someone’s crazy uncle who can just retweet whatever.”

Not good for Trump's re-election.
    Mary Trump has thoughts:

https://mobile.twitter.com/MaryLTrum...04814467600386

SoCal
    I thought West was running for president. Guess not, huh?

SoCal
    I have yet to receive confirmation that my ballot will be counted in IL. Postal tracking shows it was delivered 10/10 but status still reads "not received by clerk." I wonder how long I give it...I guess I have no choice.

I only watched the Joe Biden town hall, but the most impressive part of it was that after it ended, and while the network pundits were analyzing his performance, Joe put on his mask and walked over to answer more audience questions without the microphones. This went on for at least 30 minutes past the end of the official event. Joe clearly does like to talk to real people.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDude View Post
    I only watched the Joe Biden town hall, but the most impressive part of it was that after it ended, and while the network pundits were analyzing his performance, Joe put on his mask and walked over to answer more audience questions without the microphones. This went on for at least 30 minutes past the end of the official event. Joe clearly does like to talk to real people.
    I believe he was at it for about an hour after the cameras went off.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    I believe he was at it for about an hour after the cameras went off.
    And that was just the answer to one question

70,000+ cases on Worldometers today

Well, we crossed 70,000 cases on Worldometers today - only 7,000 from the high for a single day in July. Another day where 26 states had more than 1000 cases in a single day. The only question is whether we set a new record for the most cases in a single day next week or the week after. Is that what the President means by "turning the corner" on Covid? Wonder if that very question might come from the moderator next Thursday night?

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Trump is hitting the important electoral college states hard in these last few days. Multiple times a day. I think it’s a smart tactic. In these states he is not 10+ plus points behind. He is also hitting hard on the message that the Virus is turning the corner. It’s a 2016 play. Will it work...

If it does happen again I’ll be thinking about that UB40 song that was dedicated to Margaret Thatchers election win of 1984.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHCPyb0Pr3E
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
    Trump is hitting the important electoral college states hard in these last few days. Multiple times a day. I think it’s a smart tactic. In these states he is not 10+ plus points behind. He is also hitting hard on the message that the Virus is turning the corner. It’s a 2016 play. Will it work...

If it does happen again I’ll be thinking about that UB40 song that was dedicated to Margaret Thatchers election win of 1984.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHCPyb0Pr3E
    I’ll be drinking red, red wine.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    If you leave up to me, it won't happen. Thought I should let you know.
    It's what I'm banking on.

So . . . Any update on the meteor that might strike the Earth on election eve?

Asking for folks waiting to vote and whatnot.

So . . . Any update on the meteor that might strike the Earth on election eve?

Asking for folks waiting to vote and whatnot.
    tracking it's path and it's rounding the corner

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/22/us/as...rnd/index.html