Page 776 of 1306 FirstFirst ... 2766767267667747757767777787868268761276 ... LastLast
Results 15,501 to 15,520 of 26103
    but (fill in the blank) gets all of the calls!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post

We also have a track record of Biden’s behavior in public office and several losses as data points for what he might do in the event Trump wins in a landslide.
    You think Trump winning in a landslide is in play?

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    You think Trump winning in a landslide is in play?
    Popular vote, absolutely not. Electoral votes, almost certainly not. I was more making the point that we have a track record of how Biden handles political defeat. We have a track record of how Trump handles defeat, too, just not in the political arena.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Popular vote, absolutely not. Electoral votes, almost certainly not. I was more making the point that we have a track record of how Biden handles political defeat. We have a track record of how Trump handles defeat, too, just not in the political arena.
    Trump has never lost. Ever. He is not a loser.

Now, people have cheated him though. That’s different.

POTUS evidently wants a stimulus deal, willing to go higher according to Big Larry Kudlow...this should be interesting, will Mitch bring a vote to the floor on a bill which most of his members don't like, but some of his "in peril" members want badly?

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post

Bingo bango bongo.

He’s got an entire life purposefully lived in the public eye. We know how he operates.

Biden, too.

Just got a fundraising email from Biden campaign claiming that the polls are really close to what they were last back in 2016, so give. If I knew how to paste a picture in I would. Have a hard time squaring that email with the polling reports on this thread.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

Must spread cheater sporks.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by mpj96 View Post
    Just got a fundraising email from Biden campaign claiming that the polls are really close to what they were last back in 2016, so give. If I knew how to paste a picture in I would. Have a hard time squaring that email with the polling reports on this thread.
    Even if Biden was up in the polls by 20, I'd be sending out those emails if I worked for him. Right now, it is all about making sure your supporter votes. The ones that sit on the couch because you "are going to obviously win anyway" terrify you.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Apparently internal polls from both camps have the race a lot tighter than the polls that are released. Some of Trumps internal polls from four years ago had him winning going into election day. I've heard people say the margin might be half of the figures we see and when taking account for margin of error the race is close. Biden is universally up but not close to 10 points.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Even if Biden was up in the polls by 20, I'd be sending out those emails if I worked for him. Right now, it is all about making sure your supporter votes. The ones that sit on the couch because you "are going to obviously win anyway" terrify you.
    You want to go into the end with every vote you can get. Given the unknowns of what will follow Election Day, both parties have to approach it as if no lead is safe.

Clinton was up significantly fairly late in 2016. I can't remember the exact odds but it seems like she was about 80% likely to win, or thereabouts? I don't blame the Biden camp at all for continuing to run hard all the way though the finish line.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post
    Apparently internal polls from both camps have the race a lot tighter than the polls that are released. Some of Trumps internal polls from four years ago had him winning going into election day. I've heard people say the margin might be half of the figures we see and when taking account for margin of error the race is close. Biden is universally up but not close to 10 points.
    Sooooo this internal polling thing is a fallacy. There is no "internal polling" that has unlocked some secret sauce. Trump's internal polling didn't show him losing the popular vote badly and eeking out an electoral college win by 60,000ish votes spread out over 3 states. That was quirky. Internal polls are propaganda and not some secret key to the electorate that traditional polls don't possess.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Clinton was up significantly fairly late in 2016. I can't remember the exact odds but it seems like she was about 80% likely to win, or thereabouts? I don't blame the Biden camp at all for continuing to run hard all the way though the finish line.
    October 23, 2016: Hillary up by 12 points in ABC poll:

https://www.cnn.com/2016/10/23/polit...lls/index.html

(I think the dynamics here are drastically different — but that did happen.)

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Sooooo this internal polling thing is a fallacy. There is no "internal polling" that has unlocked some secret sauce. Trump's internal polling didn't show him losing the popular vote badly and eeking out an electoral college win by 60,000ish votes spread out over 3 states. That was quirky. Internal polls are propaganda and not some secret key to the electorate that traditional polls don't possess.
    Here’s an article from Wired about it. This was before we knew the full scope of Cambridge Analytica.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wired.com/2016/11/trump-polling-data/amp

Groups like these are seeing things through different lens.

Or Clinton’s team seeing a problem in Michigan near Election Day when earlier then thought it was in the bag.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2016/11/05/politics/hillary-clinton-michigan-donald-trump/index.html

I’m just saying, this ain’t over. Not by a long shot.
    Last edited by Kdogg; 10-11-2020 at 08:48 PM.

Here’s an article from Wired about it. This was before we knew the full scope of Cambridge Analytica.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wired.com/2016/11/trump-polling-data/amp

1. I am not 100% in love with my tone. I sounded like I was personally attacking you and I was not. I disagree that internal polls have polling methods that traditional polls don't. So I apologize for my tone.

2. They knew 62,000 people over 3 states would decide the election? I am dubious. I think this is playing the result and taking credit for a quirk.

3. Agree it ain't over!

The bottom of this Cook Political Report article has some 'verified 2016 Trump v. HRC' data compared to the same demographic cuts from 2020 polling. It shows Biden v. HRC and Trump 2020 v. Trump 2016. Biden is polling ahead of the verified 2016 HRC results in all but 2 categories.

According to the analysis, which is computed based on Pew data, Trump is doing particularly worse than he was in 2016 and Biden is doing particularly better than HRC in 4 categories:

Independents
    Men
    Non-College Whites
    65+

Basically, the 'up for grabs' voters have broken (so far) hard for Biden and he's lost support in his core constituencies and (as of now) won't repeat his performance with those demographics at those levels.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    1. I am not 100% in love with my tone. I sounded like I was personally attacking you and I was not. I disagree that internal polls have polling methods that traditional polls don't. So I apologize for my tone.

2. They knew 62,000 people over 3 states would decide the election? I am dubious. I think this is playing the result and taking credit for a quirk.

3. Agree it ain't over!
    No worries mate. We are all friends here.

sobering indeed if you are a dem.
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wir...lling-data/amp

Or Clinton’s team seeing a problem in Michigan near Election Day when earlier then thought it was in the bag.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...ump/index.html

I agree that this election definitely ain't over - too many variables, including possible voter suppression, mail in vote invalidation, etc. But campaigns just hire polling companies to do their polling. I can think of no reason to think a campaign's "internal" polls have a secret sauce that is unknown to the major polling companies.

I did read the articles though. The first is a Trump pollster claiming after the fact that he expected the win for reasons x, y and z. Maybe he did, but it's an easy thing to claim. Especially since most polls started tightening in the last two weeks before the 2016 election. The 2nd article just said the Clinton campaign was noticing the late tightening in Michigan. Now it is true that some mainstream media were too cavalier about these late shifts. But 538 for example noted it and showed Clinton dropping from a 4 to 1 favorite to a 2 to 1 favorite the night before the election. So this last minute slippage wasn't exactly an insider secret.

On a slightly different issue. Some (not talking about you at all) who go with "this is like this last time" narrative will point out "the X poll showed Clinton up N% on date MM/DD/16." That means very little. Individual polls have sizable margins of error - CNN might have had Clinton up 10 points one day but with a 6 pt lead the previous week. They just wait for an outlier and make a news story out of it. That's why you have to go by weighted averages of many polls. Anyone comparing 2020 to 2016 needs to be comparing poll aggregates, not individual outlier polls.