Page 52 of 1306 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354621021525521052 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 26103
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Here, it is a week in early March where everything is covered in pine pollen.
    I believe the oak population caucuses around that time also. I become a yellow car repubocrat.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Bring the total # of candidates to 22. The governor of Montana, Steve Bullock, has announced.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Bring the total # of candidates to 22. The governor of Montana, Steve Bullock, has announced.
    Nate Silver's team plots the course:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...ratic-primary/

I'm gonna go ahead and paint this one unlikely, even though he is an interesting guy.

Nate Silver plots the course:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...ratic-primary/

I'm gonna go ahead and paint this one unlikely, even though he is an interesting guy.
    If you are painting unliklies, you need a bigger can of paint. 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    If you are painting unliklies, you need a bigger can of paint. ��
    True, I need to hit up CameronBornAndBred for supplies.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    True, I need to hit up CameronBornAndBred for supplies.
    If I appear to brush you off, it's not intentional.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

If I appear to brush you off, it's not intentional.
    I won’t stroke out.

I would support him solely for the hope of seeing the headline "Bullock BBQs Competition in Primary"

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    I would support him solely for the hope of seeing the headline "Bullock BBQs Competition in Primary"
    Me too (although I thought it was Bulloch for the local joint)

Two things you can't get wrong on DBR..a player/coach name, and BBQ joints. I think you should get an infraction point...

Definitely Bullock's - there are few things of which I am more certain - I forget much of what I learned at Duke but spelling Bullock's, Krzyzewski and Wojciechowski are things I will never forget...

http://www.bullocks-bbq.com/

Two things you can't get wrong on DBR..a player/coach name, and BBQ joints. I think you should get an infraction point...

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Definitely Bullock's - there are few things of which I am more certain - I forget much of what I learned at Duke but spelling Bullock's, Krzyzewski and Wojciechowski are things I will never forget...

http://www.bullocks-bbq.com/
    Doh! I should have remembered it, because it was just like my favorite Sex Pistol's album "Never Mind the Bullock's"

(Although that spelling may be wrong too)

Doh! I should have remembered it, because it was just like my favorite Sex Pistol's album "Never Mind the Bullock's"

You're on a roll today. Hope you're not working on any important reports at work.

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    You're on a roll today. Hope you're not working on any important reports at work.

Allen & Sons coulda made that into one hell of a billboard.

Have they reached 30 in the race yet?

Ha! Laughter is infectious; that cover had me giggling.

It's like a typically overloaded Kentucky Derby field, all sorts of assess and elbows flying out of the gate, ya never know who will take an early tumble or break out into a most unlikely lead.
    Very nice living next to (but obviously not in) New Hamster, as the participants are beginning to flood the zone...we can go down, listen to a speech or two and load up on some cheap New Hamster liquor and wine.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    It's like a typically overloaded Kentucky Derby field, all sorts of assess and elbows flying out of the gate, ya never know who will take an early tumble or break out into a most unlikely lead.
    Very nice living next to (but obviously not in) New Hamster, as the participants are beginning to flood the zone...we can go down, listen to a speech or two and load up on some cheap New Hamster liquor and wine.
    Free booze is the only thing that would get me to listen to most any politician.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Have they reached 30 in the race yet?
    Per Politico this morning, he makes 23 "plus Mike Gravel." (Not sure why the slam on Gravel; at least a dozen of these candidacies are pure folly).

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    The Derby analogy is apt. And I think the large field here favors the favorites, because with so many choices the known plurality candidates can still stand at the front. It really is pretty silly.

We have our first candidate coming to town this weekend -- Bernie. Georgia's primary is a long way off, so this is really playing long ball.