Page 206 of 1306 FirstFirst ... 1061561962042052062072082162563067061206 ... LastLast
Results 4,101 to 4,120 of 26103
    Quote Originally Posted by LasVegas View Post
    Not aimed at you but this is why people just hate politicians. Everything has to be so calculated! Just be yourself and speak your dang mind. Be a real human. Trump gets a lot of crap but the man stays true to himself and it’s a quality a lot of people love in the guy.
    He is being himself. I said it upthread when people were saying Joe didn't have the energy of the others. This is Joe's M.O. He's the calm steady hand. He's the return to normalcy. He's the guy who can work with the other side. How do you think he got the nickname Uncle Joe?

Whether people want that in this day and age is another thing.

I assume this is already baked into people's opinions of Trump but one would think that people might get upset about getting stiffed by the president for a bill and then having to pay it directly out of their taxes. One would also assume that the campaign of a Democrat candidate would also be on the hook for the security bills for a similar event, though the security bills for a sitting president are likely much higher than for a candidate.

https://www.duluthnewstribune.com/ne...ue-Minneapolis

And don't ask why I am reading the Duluth News Tribune - this randomly hit one of my news ticklers for work this morning even though my job has nothing to do with the federal election...

The abandonment of the Kurds is going to have ramifications on the impeachment and the election. Just read some of the quotes from Rs:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...WdR?li=BBnb7Kz

And then there's this:

Since August, the US has been pushing the Kurds to dismantle their defensive fortifications and pull back their troops along the border that Turkey is now attacking as part of a "security mechanism" framework.
    It's hard to believe we will have any allies after this. When questioned about ISIS prisoners breaking out of prisons in the chaos, Trump said:

"Well, they're going to be escaping to Europe"
    Edit: And this was on FoxNews...headline "Member of US Special Forces says, 'I am ashamed for the first time in my career'"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...yrN?li=BBnb7Kz
    Last edited by dudog84; 10-10-2019 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    The abandonment of the Kurds is going to have ramifications on the impeachment and the election. Just read some of the quotes from Rs:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...WdR?li=BBnb7Kz

And then there's this:

It's hard to believe we will have any allies after this. When questioned about ISIS prisoners breaking out of prisons in the chaos, Trump said:
    Serves 'em right for not being with us at Normandy, I guess. Or not greenlighting a Trump Tower in Rojava while filling up Trump hotel properties.

Or something.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Serves 'em right for not being with us at Normandy, I guess. Or not greenlighting a Trump Tower in Rojava while filling up Trump hotel properties.

Or something.
    I know your tongue is implanted in your cheek, but Trump has admitted his conflict of interest re Turkey:

Trump himself has previously admitted that the towers represent a conflict of interest in dealing with Turkey. In a 2015 radio interview, he explained, ""I have a little conflict of interest, because I have a major, major building in Istanbul...It's called Trump Towers. Two towers, instead of one. Not the usual one, it's two. And I've gotten to know Turkey very well."
    https://www.newsweek.com/ivanka-trum...oversy-1463536

I know your tongue is implanted in your cheek, but Trump has admitted his conflict of interest re Turkey:
    I believe that Turkey, along with the Saudi's, are the largest foreign clients of Trump properties as well.

It still won't shake the 35% or so that will stay with him no matter what. But I think the polling on independents is pretty ominous for POTUS.

Not content just to burn bridges Republican Senators, Trump is hate tweeting at FoxNews now. "Whoever their Pollster is, they suck." Also attacking several contributors/anchors by name, and saying that Fox isn't as good as it was back in the day.

If Fox turns on Trump, it's over.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Not content just to burn bridges Republican Senators, Trump is hate tweeting at FoxNews now. "Whoever their Pollster is, they suck." Also attacking several contributors/anchors by name, and saying that Fox isn't as good as it was back in the day.

If Fox turns on Trump, it's over.
    I was all set to come here and comment on the perils of Trump taking on Fox but OPK beat me to it. Today’s tweets by the President could be a very big deal if it causes Fox to turn on him, even a little bit.

One more thing, Trump’s war on Fox just ratcheted up a notch... he is now endorsing an alternative network. He just tweeted this:

Thank you to @OANN One America News for your fair coverage and brilliant reporting. It is appreciated by many people trying so hard to find a new, consistent and powerful VOICE! See you tonight at the Big Rally in Minneapolis.
    Jason “despite Trump’s rhetoric, I suspect Fox will remain faithful. I mean, it is not like they are going to endorse a Democrat “ Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Jason “despite Trump’s rhetoric, I suspect Fox will remain faithful. I mean, it is not like they are going to endorse a Democrat “ Evans
    Never. But they can endorse a rival or impeachment (Pence's elevation).

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    I was all set to come here and comment on the perils of Trump taking on Fox but OPK beat me to it. Today’s tweets by the President could be a very big deal if it causes Fox to turn on him, even a little bit.

One more thing, Trump’s war on Fox just ratcheted up a notch... he is now endorsing an alternative network. He just tweeted this:

He's been pushing OANN for a while now, and it's working. I was listening to NPR the other day, and they had conservative listeners call in and tell where they get their news from. At least a couple said they were turning to OANN more than Fox.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    He's been pushing OANN for a while now, and it's working. I was listening to NPR the other day, and they had conservative listeners call in and tell where they get their news from. At least a couple said they were turning to OANN more than Fox.
    I had never heard of OANN before today. Am I that far out of the loop?

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    It depends upon which loop you prefer.

I had not heard of it either. I just checked and it does not appear to be on my cable system (Spectrum in NYC). My area tends not to be their target audience though it does include Staten Island, which tends to have a fair amount of Republican voters.

I'm not sure how kosher Trump endorsing one news source over another is but I think that ship has sailed...

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    It depends upon which loop you prefer.
    Well, we dont' get cable TV...my primary source of news is the DBR/PackPride plus NPR and the local Raleigh Talk radio.

Well, we dont' get cable TV...my primary source of news is the DBR/PackPride plus NPR and the local Raleigh Talk radio.
    It's a start-up network targeting folks who feel that FoxNews is too liberal.

Like the ACCN, I don't get it.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    OANN is a newish network, way right leaning, and from what I've surmised, fairly free and loose with truthful facts.

Here's the wiki on them.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_America_News_Network
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Never. But they can endorse a rival or impeachment (Pence's elevation).
    I could also see them criticizing the states that have cancelled their Republican primaries. They could start supporting "real" Republicans.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    OANN is a newish network, way right leaning, and from what I've surmised, fairly free and loose with truthful facts.

Here's the wiki on them.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_America_News_Network
    There's a decent number of these types of "news" organizations popping up and gaining traction, which is troubling. There's a pretty big difference between news delivered from a certain political/point of view and "news" that only seems to be tethered to a single purpose: advancing that the other team is evil. One is editorializing and I can handle that but the other is a scissor snip away from floating right off the planet. It's what sent that armed gunman to the DC pizza restaurant searching for the Clintons' child trafficking operation.

What I struggle with is whether the propagators of this type of misinformation have just found a great business opportunity or are bartenders getting drunk on their own swill (coincidentally, I still struggle with the same for Trump). It's tough to tell sometimes with guys like Alex Jones. Obviously, if you think calling into question the veracity of Sandy Hook is a great business opportunity, you're still pretty morally rudderless, but it's a different boat than if you believe it.

All I know is that when I see an Infowars bumper sticker, I treat it like I would a brightly colored hairy caterpillar or dog with it's hackles up: nature's way of saying best leave it alone.

With so many other outlets to get “information” from would it matter? I don’t think Fox as a whole would turn so it may be academic. Trump is losing (lost?) Matt Drudge for awhile now but it doesn’t seem to matter. He might not have the pull he use to by he is a big player in conservative media.

alteran is offline All-American, Honorable Mention

Edit: There's some interesting stuff deeper in the article. Such as, McConnell has a 43% approval rating...among Republicans! Yikes! I would say he's delivered for them, so not sure what that's about.
    I’ve thought about this very fact myself.

No matter how much things are decided in the courts these days, you just cannot really get the voters to care about judges outside a few small but engaged blocs.

And that’s where McConnell really delivered.

Outside of that, a lot of the news he’s made has been about stuff he does nationally, that doesn’t directly relate to Kentucky.

And he’s about as charismatic as a speed bump.

That’s my theory.