Page 134 of 1306 FirstFirst ... 34841241321331341351361441842346341134 ... LastLast
Results 2,661 to 2,680 of 26103
    Quote Originally Posted by alteran View Post
    The Mooch and Trump are not exactly on speaking terms these days.

I don’t think Trump’s personality is such that he would willingly not run.
    I agree completely. I just like saying mooch. For some time after Trump surprised himself and won, I thought he would get tired of politics and Washington (vs. NY life), tell his followers 'I tried but D.C. is too corrupt and wouldn't let me do anything', and bow out after one term if not out-right resign. But he likes the attention too much. He used to have the NY tabloid reader's affection, now he has 40% of the country's. That's hard to walk away from, even for someone without his personality.

Quote Originally Posted by alteran View Post
    The Mooch and Trump are not exactly on speaking terms these days.

I don’t think Trump’s personality is such that he would willingly not run.
    Trump never really stopped running as best I can tell.

And it's not a joke to state that he faces the very real possibility of prosecution in the Southern District of New York once he leaves office. He was "Individual 1" in the conspiracy charge to which Michael Cohen pleaded guilty and is currently spending time in jail. The only reason Trump was not indicted at the time was because of the DOJ guideline against indicting a sitting president. That goes away once he is out of office. (Mueller likewise testified correctly that once Trump is out of office, he could be subjected to criminal obstruction charges if warranted -- not arguing whether that basis exists or not). So let's just say that he has plenty of incentive to run again and to win.

Mooch is on a self-publicity tour it seems to me. Big grains of salt required.

We've spent a lot of time prognosticating about states Dems might flip but here's one from the Trump camp. He'll be visiting New Hampshire and his campaign believes he may be able to flip it come 2020. The article makes a case based on the Democrat's recent ultra slim margins of victory + 2.5% NH unemployment but notes the same challenges there as he's facing most places.

Still, it's interesting and I guess I hadn't realized it, but Trump rarely travels to or holds events in states where he lost to HRC.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    We've spent a lot of time prognosticating about states Dems might flip but here's one from the Trump camp. He'll be visiting New Hampshire and his campaign believes he may be able to flip it come 2020. The article makes a case based on the Democrat's recent ultra slim margins of victory + 2.5% NH unemployment but notes the same challenges there as he's facing most places.

Still, it's interesting and I guess I hadn't realized it, but Trump rarely travels to or holds events in states where he lost to HRC.
    I'm not big on predicting which way states will go, and the good citizens of New Hamster have thrown many a collective curveball, but I do not see Trump winning NH barring something radical happening, which is always possible.
    I think his approval/disapproval rating as of a few days ago was 42/53...(just about all of New England has record low unemployment rates, don't see that moving the needle much).

A different article on NH, this one from the AP:

https://apnews.com/ca1b9844d6fa4bb7a8169de4bf62dc96

I link this because it is pretty funny, he gets jabs in at both sides. And also because even if only 5-10% of Rs feel close to this way, the election is over. I don't think there are a lot of never-Biden Ds out there (not that he's going to win, but still). The guy has some credentials, he teaches at the Naval War College. And was a 5-time Jeopardy champ.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opini...xiE?li=BBnb7Kz

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Will be official Thursday. Hickenlooper out of POTUS race (no chance) and will run for Senate representing Colorado (where he has a very good chance).
    And it's official, only 22 more to go.

I'll miss Hickenlooper, if only because his is a great name to yell in an angry Boston accent.

Bill de Blasio

One of his happiest moments in life was watching The Clash live. Maybe I have to take a closer look at this guy...
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Will be official Thursday. Hickenlooper out of POTUS race (no chance) and will run for Senate representing Colorado (where he has a very good chance).
    It's not clear yet that he will run for the Senate. He's a good guy with a great sense of humor. His wife, Robin Stringfellow '00, is a Duke grad, and we used that connection to have Duke Colorado holiday parties at the governor's mansion.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

I believe we have been tracking yard signs and bumper stickers for 2020. This evening I saw someone in front of the subway station at the intersection of 72nd and Broadway in Manhattan waving a large "Trump 2020" flag about 15 feet over his head, and he had a large sign on the ground in front of him. This is the heart of one of the bluest neighborhoods in America (I believe Nadler is its representative). No one knew quite what to make of it, but everyone seemed to be treating him with respect.

I have not been able to find any polling on whether there is public support for America buying Greenland...

...gut says lots of misconception that its a cornerstone of the Green New Deal and does not poll well among Trump's base.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    I believe we have been tracking yard signs and bumper stickers for 2020. This evening I saw someone in front of the subway station at the intersection of 72nd and Broadway in Manhattan waving a large "Trump 2020" flag about 15 feet over his head, and he had a large sign on the ground in front of him. This is the heart of one of the bluest neighborhoods in America (I believe Nadler is its representative). No one knew quite what to make of it, but everyone seemed to be treating him with respect.
    Ahh, yes. Diversity.

Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
    One of his happiest moments in life was watching The Clash live. Maybe I have to take a closer look at this guy...
    In other words, he’s familiar with the “Should I stay or should I go” decision?

I have not been able to find any polling on whether there is public support for America buying Greenland...
    Isn't America green enough anyways? Most of the country aside from the desert southwest is green!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    Isn't America green enough anyways? Most of the country aside from the desert southwest is green!
    Irony of Greenland being covered in ice, and Iceland being so green.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    The gauntlet has been thrown, CNC. Time for you to head to Fort Worth and fly your AOC banner!

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/p...127059284.html

alteran is offline All-American, Honorable Mention

...gut says lots of misconception that its a cornerstone of the Green New Deal and does not poll well among Trump's base.
    He’s a real estate guy. He wants to get it now before it all melts and someone else builds beach condos on it.

Irony of Greenland being covered in ice, and Iceland being so green.
    Having just returned from Iceland, it is indeed very green -- but almost treeless. Although Sage and grandson did plant 30 birch saplings. Iceland, unlike Greenland, is a land without mosquitoes or gnats.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Having just returned from Iceland, it is indeed very green -- but almost treeless. Although Sage and grandson did plant 30 birch saplings. Iceland, unlike Greenland, is a land without mosquitoes or gnats.
    I think it's time to move! I can't say I'm a fan of the Icelandic language or it's spelling...but I can adapt. No mosquitoes would be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    I think it's time to move! I can't say I'm a fan of the Icelandic language or it's spelling...but I can adapt. No mosquitoes would be worth it.
    Bats take care of mosquito problems ...