Page 1306 of 1306 FirstFirst ... 306806120612561296130413051306
Results 26,101 to 26,103 of 26103
    I've got the inauguration ceremonies on in the background as I write this. It's been a good thread, but it is high time that it is over. Thanks to all the contributors and to the mods for keeping it open. That said, I'm very much looking forward to spending the next four years NOT talking about the President.

No idea how to look up what threads I've been most active in, but I'm sure I spend more time off-topic in the OT board than elsewhere, and more in this thread than any other. It's a great community. Thanks, all.

Thanks for the thoughtful contributions to all those that made them. And thanks to the mods (Jason in particular) for keeping this thread running for the duration of the ride.

There isn't much more to say and I have to go to the doctor to get my second Shingrix vaccine shot so I am gonna shut the thread down early. I hope that is ok with everyone. If anyone has something they wanted to urgently post, send me a PM and I can add it.

I hope, for the sake of our entire nation, that Joe Biden can heal the wounds that are openly festering. I very much want that to be the final takeaway from all this. It is the spirit of cooperation and wanting to do right for all Americans that will make our nation a better place. I can't imagine that anyone would see that as a partisan comment.

I wanted to thank all of you who have been so thoughtful and insightful in this thread. Yes, it has been a chore to moderate and I freely admit the "rules" have been nebulous at best, but I am thrilled that we have (largely) maintained civility throughout and have always been respectful of other opinions. At one point, we were averaging 200 posts per day. This may not have been the longest thread in DBR history, but it has been easily the most active over the course of a year.

I want to also thank my fellow mods for tolerating this. Many of them thought it was a bad idea because it would splinter our community. I know some people have developed negative feelings toward other posters (and toward me) as a result of stuff that has happened here... so, I guess the mods who were nervous about this thread were right to some extent. But I would argue that this thread has also brought some of us closer together and it has certainly caused some of you to develop an enhanced appreciation for the DBR community. Still, I would be remiss if I did not say that it is far from a sure thing that the mod community will allow this to happen again in the future (though you can damn well bet I am gonna push for it!).

And on that note, we say farewell and all go back to our respective corners. I have enjoyed it and feel smarter for what I have learned from many of you. I will miss the conversation, that's for sure. I wish all of you the best.

-Jason "God Bless America..." Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?