Page 1294 of 1306 FirstFirst ... 294794119412441284129212931294129512961304 ... LastLast
Results 25,861 to 25,880 of 26103
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    What you saw is not what happened. Another classic Trump tactic.

Will that evidence come out before the Kraken sized amount of proof that the election was stolen?
    I find this interesting coming from Rudy given that he and his client better be ready to present it given the upcoming impeachment. I've never seen a lawyer set up his client (and himself) for perjury so much as Rudy continuously does.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/republica...174413828.html
    I know we all want to move forward, love each other, stop the blame, etc. but until there is an end to "this doesn't reflect well on me so I am just going to call it a lie, make up an alternate reality, and yell that alternate reality loudly and frequently so that many people just assume it is the truth," we are not going to move forward as a nation. Hopefully the inauguration on Wednesday will be a step in this direction. But as long as media outlets with large audiences continue to enable this, it won't go away. More people publicly denouncing it would be a really great step - I don't think that ignoring it is a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    I will start with the easy one: that’s a lot of pardons!
    How did you know what was coming this Tuesday?

https://twitter.com/cnn/status/1350990513944621060?s=21

{Headline: 100 pardons/commutations coming on Tuesday.}
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

The video posted by The New Yorker today is incredible.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/yorker-re...162600502.html
    I think the narrative the folks were just let right in is good and debunked.

Most of these folks believe they were acting on the orders and wishes of the President. I think they've been listening to bad people who used them and who are going to let them suffer the consequences. I wonder if any of these folks are going to be called to testify in the trial phase and is willing to tell the Senators why they took the Capital Building?

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    How did you know what was coming this Tuesday?

https://twitter.com/cnn/status/1350990513944621060?s=21

{Headline: 100 pardons/commutations coming on Tuesday.}
    Well, that's $200M right there...10% of the way to the library.

The video posted by The New Yorker today is incredible.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/yorker-re...162600502.html

YouTube has 12 mins of it. Incredible...I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.ing shocking
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I am dying to know what they would spend the $2 billion on... I mean, how big of a complex are they planning?

If he thinks he will be able to bring in $2 bil from small-money donors... well, the math just ain't there. During the 2020 race -- something that really engaged his donors in a way that a library just won't -- he raised $378 mil from donors who gave less than $200 per donation. So, to raise $2 bil from small-dollar donors, he would need to raise about six times as much as he did for the Presidential campaign. That ain't gonna happen. And there's no way he is going to get big corporate donors to make up for it because Trump has become truly toxic to Corporate America. How much money does the My Pillow guy have?

-Jason "maybe the library is so expensive because they are going to surround the whole thing with a giant wall... I hear those are pretty expensive" Evans
    What person, Company rep or whoever will want to have their photo taken arriving at one of Trumps properties from now on?

Trump will have to somehow change his business model to go after the people who gave him this 378 million. How will he do it I don’t know. He will try.
    Last edited by JasonEvans; 01-18-2021 at 05:18 AM.
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
    What person, Company rep or whoever will want to have their photo taken arriving at one of Trumps properties from now on?

Trump will have to somehow change his business model to go after the people who gave him this 378 million. How will he do it I don’t know. He will try.
    MyPillow guy.

That might be the whole list.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Giuliani said there are 'different opinions' regarding how the president should approach his second impeachment, but said he planned to show that Trump's claims of election fraud were not incitement by proving in the Senate trial that the fraud claims themselves are true.

'They basically claimed that anytime [Trump] says voter fraud, voter fraud - or I do, or anybody else - we're inciting to violence; that those words are fighting words because it's totally untrue,' he said.

'Well, if you can prove that it's true, or at least true enough so it's a legitimate viewpoint, then they are no longer fighting words,' he added.
    Y'all might want to bide your time waiting for the trial by brushing up your Orwell with a read thru of Animal Farm.

(Side note, I love how he is finally proving it all after he is out of office. That's some seriously skillful procrastination.)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...g96?li=BBnbfcL
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Y'all might want to bide your time waiting for the trial by brushing up your Orwell with a read thru of Animal Farm.

(Side note, I love how he is finally proving it all after he is out of office. That's some seriously skillful procrastination.)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...g96?li=BBnbfcL
    Well, what are the penalties for providing knowingly false information to Congress? Giuliani knowingly shared a heavily edited and likely deceptive video to the GA legislature that was debunked by Mr. Sterling. To my limited knowledge there have been zero repercussions for that action. Should he treat the US Congress differently?

Scary stuff; the DoD is worried about an insider attack and is now reviewing all National Guard troops deployed for the inauguration. Unfortunately, right wing radicals do have some presence in our military... hope this turns out to be nothing.

https://apnews.com/article/biden-ina...add2acd514218e

I still say that it would have been prudent for Biden to take the oath in the Oval Office and then wave for a moment before getting to work. Who needs a parade and a concert?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    Scary stuff; the DoD is worried about an insider attack and is now reviewing all National Guard troops deployed for the inauguration. Unfortunately, right wing radicals do have some presence in our military... hope this turns out to be nothing.

https://apnews.com/article/biden-ina...add2acd514218e

Some? I was in during a different era, but particularly in the NG and Reserve, as a commander it was all about keeping up numbers. That meant tolerating a lot of characters that were less than desirable.* As the deployments have slowed down some, I have no doubt that mentality again dominates.

*Believe me, I speak from experience. I had an "undesirable habit" of putting people out. I made no apologies for doing what I felt was best for my unit's morale and cohesiveness. It was a career limiting attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I still say that it would have been prudent for Biden to take the oath in the Oval Office and then wave for a moment before getting to work. Who needs a parade and a concert?
    The man has literally been dreaming of this moment for more than 30 years... let him have a little bit of pomp and circumstance before taking office at the most challenging moment since the Civil War.

Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

This, I continue to be baffled by this.

From retired 4-star General Barry McCaffery:

Tweet #2
    Biden inauguration must be moved inside... Capital Dome appropriate. Secret Service extremely effective. However, too much probability of DISRUPTION. Drones. Laser attack. Bursting fireworks. OR .. law enforcement confrontations with armed Trump militias.

Tweet #1
    Given the security threat to the inauguration... the ceremony should be moved to a more protected location like the Capitol Dome. NOT a signal of weakness. I’ve seen a lot of combat. I’m still alive because I react immediately to signs of danger.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    This, I continue to be baffled by this.

From retired 4-star General Barry McCaffery:

Tweet #2
    Biden inauguration must be moved inside... Capital Dome appropriate. Secret Service extremely effective. However, too much probability of DISRUPTION. Drones. Laser attack. Bursting fireworks. OR .. law enforcement confrontations with armed Trump militias.

Tweet #1
    Given the security threat to the inauguration... the ceremony should be moved to a more protected location like the Capitol Dome. NOT a signal of weakness. I’ve seen a lot of combat. I’m still alive because I react immediately to signs of danger.
    Further evidence that we can just optimistic our way out of this...

Meanwhile, the mess on the 6th is getting weirder. FBI investigating whether woman who stole Pelosi laptop is trying to sell it to Russia.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...capitol-460147
    Last edited by Bob Green; 01-18-2021 at 09:38 AM. Reason: Fix link

Can someone explain the end game for the folks who invaded the capitol last week or for folks who want to cause violence at Biden's inauguration? Do they think that kidnapping members of congress or even assassinating Biden will put Trump in office after the 20th? There is no scenario where the line of succession passes to Trump once we hit the 20th. If they got Biden, it would go to Harris. If they also got Harris, it would go to Pelosi. If they also got Pelosi... I think it would go to the acting secretary of state (Pompeo leaves office on the 20th as well), whoever that is, until the Democrats picked a new President. I guess it might go to McConnell or Schumer (depending on whether the Senate had made Schumer Majority leader by then). But even if it went to McConnell, there is no way he would not preserve the will of the voters by handing the Presidency over to some Democrat (likely Antony Blinken, who is the Sec of State nominee).

Anyway, the bottom line is no amount of violence is going to keep Trump in office. I get protests to show that you are upset, Democrats did the same thing shortly after Trump took office and peaceful marches are part of the fabric of American Democracy, but the violence seems really pointless and counterproductive to me.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Can someone explain the end game for the folks who invaded the capitol last week or for folks who want to cause violence at Biden's inauguration? Do they think that kidnapping members of congress or even assassinating Biden will put Trump in office after the 20th? There is no scenario where the line of succession passes to Trump once we hit the 20th. If they got Biden, it would go to Harris. If they also got Harris, it would go to Pelosi. If they also got Pelosi... I think it would go to the acting secretary of state (Pompeo leaves office on the 20th as well), whoever that is, until the Democrats picked a new President. I guess it might go to McConnell or Schumer (depending on whether the Senate had made Schumer Majority leader by then). But even if it went to McConnell, there is no way he would not preserve the will of the voters by handing the Presidency over to some Democrat (likely Antony Blinken, who is the Sec of State nominee).

Anyway, the bottom line is no amount of violence is going to keep Trump in office. I get protests to show that you are upset, Democrats did the same thing shortly after Trump took office and peaceful marches are part of the fabric of American Democracy, but the violence seems really pointless and counterproductive to me.
    What is there about their statements or actions that leads you to think there's any grand plan involved? There's not rational thinking - it's purely a display of emotion.

It's mind-numbingly frustrating to converse with someone who literally isn't based in facts or reality.

Yes they wants Trump in office. And this is what their leader told them to do.

What is there about their statements or actions that leads you to think there's any grand plan involved? There's not rational thinking - it's purely a display of emotion.

It's mind-numbingly frustrating to converse with someone who literally isn't based in facts or reality.
    Yea there’s not a strong grasp of civics among these folks. Their endgame is, in fact, a 2nd term for *****. But there is no rational path to that, a fact that is lost on most of them.

BTW Grassley is next after Pelosi in line of succession, as Speaker Pro Tempore of the Senate.

Quote Originally Posted by Matches View Post
    Yea there’s not a strong grasp of civics among these folks. Their endgame is, in fact, a 2nd term for *****. But there is no rational path to that, a fact that is lost of most of them.
    Coups are not generally concerned with the line of succession.

Can't really get into their heads or try to come up with a rational basis. BUT I will note that QAnon has been prophesizing (as I understand it) that Trump will remain president and everyone just needs to "trust the plan." If you are deranged enough to believe that the Democrats are really a Satanistic cult of cannibal pedophiles that Trump was divinely sent to vanquish, well I guess the *least* crazy thing you might think is that Trump somehow will be the president after Wednesday noon.