Page 1213 of 1306 FirstFirst ... 2137131113116312031211121212131214121512231263 ... LastLast
Results 24,241 to 24,260 of 26103
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkD83 View Post
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/con...liveBlogHeader

Two US representatives have called for Trump's immediate impeachment.

Another representative is proposing a resolution to remove all representatives who "incited this domestic terror attack through their attempts to overturn the election..."
    I think those are two members of the "squad" or whatever it is called. This will pick up steam when some Republicans start hopping on board. Their first priority is to stay safe, then complete the election process, which should only take a few minutes as hopefully no one will have the chutzpah to protest any further.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    I think those are two members of the "squad" or whatever it is called. This will pick up steam when some Republicans start hopping on board. Their first priority is to stay safe, then complete the election process, which should only take a few minutes as hopefully no one will have the chutzpah to protest any further.
    I wouldn’t bet a pie on that last part.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    It's getting dark. Things have gotten much worse after dark in the last couple protests.

-jk
    This is not really directed at you jk, but I think what has happened/is happening at the Capitol today should rightfully be referred to as an insurrection.

This that Josh Hawley cowering in this photo? If so, that's incredibly meme-worthy, given his role in stoking today's events.

https://apnews.com/article/78104aea0...412a6e6cd13818

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    It's easy because security did not want to use deadly force. It's the same with all the protests that have been done over the years. End them without bloodshed if you can. These are buildings and things. America values people (even stupid) ones, more than we value things.

It would be easy to keep them out if deadly force were used.

Speaking of people, have all the lawmakers and staffers been evacuated?
    Security did not want to use deadly force against this particular mob.
    Carolina delenda est

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    It's easy because security did not want to use deadly force. It's the same with all the protests that have been done over the years. End them without bloodshed if you can. These are buildings and things. America values people (even stupid) ones, more than we value things.

It would be easy to keep them out if deadly force were used.

Speaking of people, have all the lawmakers and staffers been evacuated?
    No offense meant towards you, Packman, but that statement is quite simply not true. If we actually valued lives over things, we would have far fewer than 350,000+ covid deaths. That said, I will concede that America values some lives over things.

Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    How can it be so easy for protesters to get into the Capitol? I'm not saying there is any nefarious reason, but it is so slack, it makes one wonder what is going on with security.
    NPR reporting that the initial protestors/rioters to reach the Capitol encountered only a small police presence behind some barricades that were easily breached. The same reporter stated Trump supporters within the Capitol welcomed the protestors/rioters into the Capitol saying--paraphrasing here--"come on in, it's your house."

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago 1995 View Post
    There's a video of her being shot, and she's clearly one of the insurrectionists. She's wearing a Trump flag as a cape.
    Thanks, that leaves no doubt. Where’s the video?

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    NPR reporting that the initial protestors/rioters to reach the Capitol encountered only a small police presence behind some barricades that were easily breached. The same reporter stated Trump supporters within the Capitol welcomed the protestors/rioters into the Capitol saying--paraphrasing here--"come on in, it's your house."
    Yeah, no doubt this was an inside job of sorts. They could of secured this building and area if they wanted to well before today, I assume. Nice message to our enemies that the Capitol can be so easily breached and taken over.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    This is not really directed at you jk, but I think what has happened/is happening at the Capitol today should rightfully be referred to as an insurrection.
    By definition it is. I feel that such language isn't going to help the situation. These folks aren't trying to overthrow government authority they feel that they are trying to restore it.

I think of them more misled cult members who drank the kool-aid than as terrorists or seditionists. Those terms should be reserved for the leaders that pushed them down this path.

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Without building a tall fence or stationing an army around it - or both, aka the white house - it's hard to control the perimeter.

-jk
    Especially, when hundreds of protesters surround it. It’s a very large area.

Is your bride okay and on her way home?

By definition it is. I feel that such language isn't going to help the situation. These folks aren't trying to overthrow government authority they feel that they are trying to restore it.

I think of them more misled cult members who drank the kool-aid than as terrorists or seditionists. Those terms should be reserved for the leaders that pushed them down this path.
    How about it's both/and as opposed to either/or.

Norah O'Donnell deserves a Pulitzer for today.

Capitol Police didn't exactly make it difficult for the rioters. Can't load the video directly

https://twitter.com/JoshuaPotash/sta...31235176783873
    Coach K on Kyle Singler - "What position does he play? ... He plays winner."

"Duke is never the underdog" - Quinn Cook

Most people committing insurrection think their cause is just. That isn’t an excuse.

Charles Manson’s followers were still murderers, even if they were just misled cult members who drank the kool-aid.

They are still terrorists and seditionists, even if it was the result of being blinded by faith in someone else misleading them.

Then, it sounds like the Sergeant at Arms was asleep at the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    No offense meant towards you, Packman, but that statement is quite simply not true. If we actually valued lives over things, we would have far fewer than 350,000+ covid deaths. That said, I will concede that America values some lives over things.
    I don't think this is the thread for a discussion on the costs of particular COVID strategies. I imagine you and I are on the same page anyways.

My point is that American police are not going to open fire on a crowd of "whatever you want to call them" unless lives are being threatened. I just don't see that happening.

These are the same people who constantly tell Democrats that we shouldn't be so dependent on government help and should take more responsibility for our own well-being. They should know better than to drink the kool-aid. They want to overthrow the incoming, legally elected government. They must take ownership of their actions - practice what they preach.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    Especially, when hundreds of protesters surround it. It’s a very large area.

Is your bride okay and on her way home?
    She's OK, thanks, but hasn't left for home yet. She may sleep in her office - she did take an overnight bag in this morning.

-jk