Page 116 of 1306 FirstFirst ... 16661061141151161171181261662166161116 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,320 of 26103
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Hey, if he can clear my chronic sewage issue at my house, I'll have to give him my vote too.
    This sounds like a supply side problem, and yeah to pick one of the two I'd say that Trump's policies favor the supply side of the economic balance sheet. He may be getting your vote. Think of all the money you'll be saving on TP imported from China as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    This sounds like a supply side problem, and yeah to pick one of the two I'd say that Trump's policies favor the supply side of the economic balance sheet. He may be getting your vote. Think of all the money you'll be saving on TP imported from China as well.
    This is all just trickle down economics...
    😀

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    This is all just trickle down economics...
    😀
    Instead of voodoo economics...

Instead of voodoo economics...
    So Cajun food isn't the culprit?

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    More detail on Trump curing cancer. This will certainly be a game changer in the election.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...re/1896984001/
    IMO, more B.S. from D.C. Obama made similar cancer claims and spent more money than Trump.

In reality, this is where the big cancer R&D dollars are being spent and the successes have been greatest....

https://www.fool.com/investing/2018/...d-budgets.aspx

The NY Times has put together some infographics showing where candidates' donors are located:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...ndraising.html

Several candidates appear to have national appeal. Others are extremely concentrated in one area.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    The NY Times has put together some infographics showing where candidates' donors are located:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...ndraising.html

Several candidates appear to have national appeal. Others are extremely concentrated in one area.
    Really interesting, thanks for sharing. Based on only this one metric, it sure seems like Buttigieg and Sanders should be considered higher and Warren and Harris should be considered lower, compared to popular wisdom. It also sure seems like no one outside of those 4 and Biden and O'Rourke has a real chance (edit: I guess we should add Booker since most agree he did very well in the last debate, see if he gets a funding bump over the next few weeks).

But, maybe fundraising isn't everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    IMO, more B.S. from D.C. Obama made similar cancer claims and spent more money than Trump.

In reality, this is where the big cancer R&D dollars are being spent and the successes have been greatest...

https://www.fool.com/investing/2018/...d-budgets.aspx
    Isn't that their greatest export? No trade deficit there. Nor partisanship, plenty from each side.

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Isn't that their greatest export?
    Yes, and it's horribly overpriced and frequently toxic.

Is it too early to start a 2024 Presidential Election thread? Nikki Haley tweets (albeit meekly) against Trump.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...aKl?li=BBnb7Kz

2024 might be even more interesting than next year. Win or lose, have the Rs permanently become Trumpists?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    Yes, and it's horribly overpriced and frequently toxic.
    Y’all are forgetting this is a feature, not a bug. Our founding fathers designed a system that accounted for the dangers of certainty and the result is a slow, inefficient, combative system of check and balances and BS. They usually leave “and BS” out of high school history books though...

Y’all are forgetting this is a feature, not a bug. Our founding fathers designed a system that accounted for the dangers of certainty and the result is a slow, inefficient, combative system of check and balances and BS. They usually leave “and BS” out of high school history books though...
    Hell they don’t even teach civics in high school anymore. And the result shows.

The best tweet of the bunch, which I present not because of the anti-prosecutor / anti-law-enforcement swipe but because of the humor. We're allowed to have humor in politics, right?

Michael MaliceVerified account @michaelmalice Aug 1
    If there's one thing Hawaiians know, it's how to roast a pig.@TulsiGabbard @KamalaHarris #KamalaHarrisdestroyed

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Not true. They just don't call it civics. My sons are well versed in what the Constitution says and they learned it in public schools.

What? Since when?

Sadly, Mike Gravel announced that he is ending his campaign.

Sadly, Mike Gravel announced that he is ending his campaign.
    Gravel: The Cool Old Dude Biden could never be.

Gravel: The Cool Old Dude Biden could never be.
    “You must spread some Comments around before commenting on Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 again.”

“You must spread some Comments around before commenting on Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 again.”
    *bows*

It's tough trying to walk the line with jokes in this thread. Last presidential election, I suffered an infraction. I shall endeavor to do better this time.

Dukie Sue Gordon getting closer to DNI. Someone mentioned her upthread, I went back many pages and couldn't find the poster for proper attribution.