Page 1094 of 1306 FirstFirst ... 945949941044108410921093109410951096110411441194 ... LastLast
Results 21,861 to 21,880 of 26103
    Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Although we know more about meta-tarsals than tarsals, which appear to be his problem.
    Nope, top of the foot, not the ankle --

"Initial x-rays did not show any obvious fracture, but his clinical exam warranted more detailed imaging," Dr. Kevin O'Connor said Sunday. "Follow-up CT scan confirmed hairline (small) fractures of President-elect Biden's lateral and intermediate cuneiform bones, which are in the mid-foot. It is anticipated that he will likely require a walking boot for several weeks."
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/po...8-382cc5568c35

This is kinda hard to get your head around...It feels like a lot of people want a piece of this...

Donor to pro-Trump group sues to get his money back after dropped election lawsuits

xxxxxxxxx

Fred Eshelman wants his 2.5 million dollars back, claiming True the Vote didn’t do its job.

True the Vote filed four lawsuits in key battleground states where founder Catherine Engelbrecht alleged votes were counted illegally. They offered no proof and the group’s attorney dropped all the suits last week.

“While we stand by the voters’ testimony that was brought forth, barriers to advancing our arguments, coupled with constraints on time, made it necessary for us to pursue a different path,” the group posted on its website on Nov. 17.

Eshelman’s lawsuit claims True the Vote broke its promise to “investigate, litigate, and expose suspected illegal balloting and fraud.”

He said his repeated requests for updates “were consistently met with vague responses, platitudes, and empty promises.”

But the conservative group tells a very different story.

yadda yadda yadda...

Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    If you are so partisan that you just cannot avoid attacking the President in the final days of his term, then this thread is no longer for you.
    Is it an attack to analyze the actions of Donald Trump in the final 50-plus days of his term?

If so, this will be difficult given the number of things still happening unlike in most lame-duck presidencies.

Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
    https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/po...8-382cc5568c35

This is kinda hard to get your head around...It feels like a lot of people want a piece of this...

Donor to pro-Trump group sues to get his money back after dropped election lawsuits

xxxxxxxxx

Fred Eshelman wants his 2.5 million dollars back, claiming True the Vote didn’t do its job.

True the Vote filed four lawsuits in key battleground states where founder Catherine Engelbrecht alleged votes were counted illegally. They offered no proof and the group’s attorney dropped all the suits last week.

“While we stand by the voters’ testimony that was brought forth, barriers to advancing our arguments, coupled with constraints on time, made it necessary for us to pursue a different path,” the group posted on its website on Nov. 17.

Eshelman’s lawsuit claims True the Vote broke its promise to “investigate, litigate, and expose suspected illegal balloting and fraud.”

He said his repeated requests for updates “were consistently met with vague responses, platitudes, and empty promises.”

But the conservative group tells a very different story.

yadda yadda yadda...

Eshelman is a UNC alum and big donor.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Oh no! Biden’s in a boot. Something with which we have lots of experience here at DBR.

https://www.ajc.com/news/nation-worl...FAJU7AWWNWAUE/

Dare I say — it’s over?
    Damn floor!

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Is this based on exit polling? If so, these results are wobbly and mostly inaccurate. Exit polling oversamples from in person voters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    OK, I read the article and what you can glean from the data is that Trump made gains in Latino neighborhoods (and some majority Black ones). That's not quite the same thing. But at least it's not completely based on exit polling.
    You seemed skeptical --- just of exit polling (which is totally understandable)? Or, of Trump making gains vs 2016 with the Black and Latino communities? From the post mortems I've been reading, it seems that, Trump improved with Latinos (specifically non-Mexican Latin Americans and rural Latin Americans) and marginally in the black community, too.

I guess I'm not terribly surprised after the 2016 lows. The rural Latino vote increases (again, based mostly on precinct demographics) surprised me the most but it reinforced the idea that one of (if not the) biggest predictor of voting choice is rural-suburban-urban. IIRC, that was the case in 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Corey View Post
    Is it an attack to analyze the actions of Donald Trump in the final 50-plus days of his term?

If so, this will be difficult given the number of things still happening unlike in most lame-duck presidencies.
    Analyzing a president is outside the scope of this thread.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Analyzing a president is outside the scope of this thread.

-jk
    I don’t think the question was “is it ok to analyze Trump”.

Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Look, lets be clear. President Trump does not make any of this stuff easy. A more... well... normal leader would not present the same "challenges" when it comes to what is true and factual versus what is just made up and fiction.

Still, though it would seem that facts and lies are easy to identify, I would ask that we not take the added step of declaring the President or his lawyers are out and out liars. They have a perspective on this stuff and tens of millions of Americans do agree with them.

Bottom line if you write "Trump is a giant liar" then you have broken the rules of this thread and you will get a significant infractions.

And let me add one more thing... the election is over and I think it probably makes sense for many of us to drop out of this thread. If you are so partisan that you just cannot avoid attacking the President in the final days of his term, then this thread is no longer for you.

I am sorry and I hope no one is too bothered by this. I am trying to make this a "safe space" for all sides and this is what we need to do to make it so.
    Jason - I greatly appreciate all the work that you and and the moderators have done to keep this thread going. I get that "Trump is a giant liar" with no context is out of bounds

However, if we are not allowed to state that the person who tweets lies about the legality of votes and the election process is a liar then I vote (I know I don't get a vote) to close this thread now.

Normalizing the "perspective on this stuff and the tens of millions [that agree with it]" on the legality of our elections is one of the reasons that our democratic institutions are as seriously challenged right now as they have been for the last 150 years.
    Coach K on Kyle Singler - "What position does he play? ... He plays winner."

"Duke is never the underdog" - Quinn Cook

if we manage to keep the thread open, can we have a poll on the odds DJT returns to DC after Christmas, or does he hunker down in Florida?

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    if we manage to keep the thread open, can we have a poll on the odds DJT returns to DC after Christmas, or does he hunker down in Florida?
    That’s too far out for me right now! Next on my list are AZ’s certification (today), WI’s (tomorrow), and then 12/14 for the electoral college vote.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    That’s too far out for me right now! Next on my list are AZ’s certification (today), WI’s (tomorrow), and then 12/14 for the electoral college vote.
    Add the “Safe Harbor” date of December 8 (next Tuesday) when all states are supposed to finalize all state results. Theoretically, the Electoral College vote on the 14th is a formal gathering of the loyalist electors chosen bu each state by December 8.

Theoretically.

Meanwhile, Georgia is sheer Republican fratricide right now. Trump is just pounding on Governor Kemp to overturn the election results. Some portion of the Republicans here think Trump is being absurd; some portion think that Kemp is somehow "in on the fix" (although I am not sure how or why he would do that). This is a seriously volatile situation and we have 36 more days to go until the Senate run-off election.

Can't wait until the President comes down here this weekend! What could possibly go wrong?

And something tells me that for Georgians, this does not magically disappear after January 5 either. This is really an untenable situation going forward down here.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Oh no! Biden’s in a boot. Something with which we have lots of experience here at DBR.

https://www.ajc.com/news/nation-worl...FAJU7AWWNWAUE/

Dare I say — it’s over?
    I heard he is transferring to Syracuse.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    You seemed skeptical --- just of exit polling (which is totally understandable)? Or, of Trump making gains vs 2016 with the Black and Latino communities? From the post mortems I've been reading, it seems that, Trump improved with Latinos (specifically non-Mexican Latin Americans and rural Latin Americans) and marginally in the black community, too.

I guess I'm not terribly surprised after the 2016 lows. The rural Latino vote increases (again, based mostly on precinct demographics) surprised me the most but it reinforced the idea that one of (if not the) biggest predictor of voting choice is rural-suburban-urban. IIRC, that was the case in 2016.
    This year I am extremely skeptical of exit polling data as the numbers are always based on oversampling of in person voting on Election Day. Exit polling is only supposed to represent people who cast ballots, not registered voters, not likely voters, just actual voters. Hence the name "exit", talk to them as they are walking out of their polling location. This year, all exit polls will be skewed towards people who voted Republican. One should consider any analysis based on 2020 exit polling with a very large grain of salt. And just like almost all data gathering, adjustments will eventually be made. For now, exit polling data isn't any better than that terrible Yale Daily News survey of Yale professors that makes the rounds every once in awhile because the headline says something like "Only 7% of Yale Faculty Identify as Conservative". That's not what the results actually show. The only valid conclusion that could be made from that data is that the survey sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Stop it. There's only room enough in this election for one orange man.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    How would that impact Harris' minutes?

This weekend there were a lot of tweets sourcing "people close to the president" that said that Trump is considering hosting a rally opposite the inauguration to announce his candidacy for 2024.

Quote Originally Posted by nmduke2001 View Post
    This weekend there were a lot of tweets sourcing "people close to the president" that said that Trump is considering hosting a rally opposite the inauguration to announce his candidacy for 2024.
    I saw a news piece about this and they also showed workers setting up for the traditional inauguration at the Capitol Building. I am surprised that Biden is planning to do a public inauguration. Unless Trump is telling him to do the work because he still thinks he will be the one being inaugurated.

Quote Originally Posted by nmduke2001 View Post
    That woud certainly be "on brand."

One wonders how Trump is going to try to stay in the limelight. His last four years have been peak exposure, with him dominating almost every news cycle. That's an intoxicant difficult for some to kick, and publicity has always been Trump's elixir of choice.