Page 1093 of 1306 FirstFirst ... 935939931043108310911092109310941095110311431193 ... LastLast
Results 21,841 to 21,860 of 26103
    Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
    I am suppose it’s ok to post a link to today’s interview for those that may have missed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3b6sh8u1yCA
    I guess the two big takeaways for me are:

1. He’s still holding out hope for the SC.

2. He’s going to keep going after GA Republicans and the run-off election in a way that can only be viewed as a negative for Loeffler and Perdue.

I watched the video. Maria is not particularly interested in getting to specifics here, and that is good, because we are light on specifics. The purpose of this effort doesn't seem to be to overturn the election. It seems intent on re-framing the election into a "lost cause"/"stab in the back" narrative. And we know from history that those two things end well.

WI recount concluded. Net results: Biden adds 41 votes, Trump loses 46. Margin increases by 87 for Biden costing the Trump campaign $3,000,000.

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    "I have to start by saying the whole world is watching, and nobody can believe what they're seeing."

Yup.

I didn't get any farther. Or further.
    That is rather ironic..
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Quote Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post
    WI recount concluded. Net results: Biden adds 41 votes, Trump loses 46. Margin increases by 87 for Biden costing the Trump campaign $3,000,000.
    You see?? The vote count was off! Don was right, by golly!

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    People, we are getting close to wrapping this thread up. We are thinking it will stay open until inauguration, but I want to be very clear... the unrelenting Trump bashing needs to stop. Tone down your rhetoric or we will shut the thread down early. There are still court cases to discuss and we will allow some discussion of cabinet picks and other transition activities, but you need to remain non-partisan.

Also, we are going to shut down the Congressional Thread and will direct all comments on the Ga Senate runoffs to go in this thread. It is just easier to keep track of one thread versus multiple political ones.

-Jason "I'm serious, stop calling Trump names and mocking him... it will not stand" Evans
    So, can I ask...

So President Trump lies a lot. Like, a historical amount, per fact checkers.

Can we say something factual like “Trump is a giant liar” without getting in trouble?

It just feels that a lot of what he does invites factual and reasonable responses that may not SOUND like such, in normal times, but when discussing some of what is happening in the world now, are actually factual and reasonable.

It is a difficult balance, far more so than in any other time.

Oh no! Biden’s in a boot. Something with which we have lots of experience here at DBR.

https://www.ajc.com/news/nation-worl...FAJU7AWWNWAUE/

Dare I say — it’s over?

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Oh no! Biden’s in a boot. Something with which we have lots of experience here at DBR.

Dare I say — it’s over?
    Good thing he didn’t have bone spurs to exacerbate the problem.

Dare I say — it’s over?
    Vice President-elect Kamala Harris is warming up in the bullpen as we speak.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Good thing he didn’t have bone spurs to exacerbate the problem.
    It’s a good thing Uncle Joe doesn’t play for Duke Basketball or he’d be out for the season.

You know, I've checked both 538 and RCP every few days but no new GA senate polls have been added in 10+ day snow. What gives? Did all the pollsters head underground? People just stop answering the phone all together? I know state races aren't as covered as the national ones but figured this one would have a little more heat than usual.

BTW, the two post-Nov 4 GA run-off polls have showed close races with Perdue up 4 in one and even in the other. Warnock was up 1 in one poll and down one in the second poll. I still won't be too surprised if the Senate seats split.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    It’s a good thing Uncle Joe doesn’t play for Duke Basketball or he’d be out for the season.
    Should we start a vigil?

This is a great deep dive into the PA results by the Philly Inquirer for anyone interested. 57 of 67 counties in PA shifted left (even if they still went Trump) vs 2016, just 10 (including Philadelphia) shifted right. Trump gained with Blacks and Latinos in PA, too, but Biden outperformed HRC nearly across the board in rural areas. The Philadelphia collar counties (e.g., the suburbs) delivered a six figure net margin increase versus 2016.

Lots of good tidbits.

Dare I say — it’s over?
    Although we know more about meta-tarsals than tarsals, which appear to be his problem.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    Should we start a vigil?
    Probably, yes. Don’t we always?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    So, can I ask...

So President Trump lies a lot. Like, a historical amount, per fact checkers.

Can we say something factual like “Trump is a giant liar” without getting in trouble?

It just feels that a lot of what he does invites factual and reasonable responses that may not SOUND like such, in normal times, but when discussing some of what is happening in the world now, are actually factual and reasonable.

It is a difficult balance, far more so than in any other time.
    Look, lets be clear. President Trump does not make any of this stuff easy. A more... well... normal leader would not present the same "challenges" when it comes to what is true and factual versus what is just made up and fiction.

Still, though it would seem that facts and lies are easy to identify, I would ask that we not take the added step of declaring the President or his lawyers are out and out liars. They have a perspective on this stuff and tens of millions of Americans do agree with them.

Bottom line if you write "Trump is a giant liar" then you have broken the rules of this thread and you will get a significant infractions.

And let me add one more thing... the election is over and I think it probably makes sense for many of us to drop out of this thread. If you are so partisan that you just cannot avoid attacking the President in the final days of his term, then this thread is no longer for you.

I am sorry and I hope no one is too bothered by this. I am trying to make this a "safe space" for all sides and this is what we need to do to make it so.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    This is a great deep dive into the PA results by the Philly Inquirer for anyone interested. 57 of 67 counties in PA shifted left (even if they still went Trump) vs 2016, just 10 (including Philadelphia) shifted right. Trump gained with Blacks and Latinos in PA, too, but Biden outperformed HRC nearly across the board in rural areas. The Philadelphia collar counties (e.g., the suburbs) delivered a six figure net margin increase versus 2016.

Lots of good tidbits.
    Is this based on exit polling? If so, these results are wobbly and mostly inaccurate. Exit polling oversamples from in person voters.

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    Should we start a vigil?
    I just hope he’s ready to go by the start of the season.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Is this based on exit polling? If so, these results are wobbly and mostly inaccurate. Exit polling oversamples from in person voters.
    OK, I read the article and what you can glean from the data is that Trump made gains in Latino neighborhoods (and some majority Black ones). That's not quite the same thing. But at least it's not completely based on exit polling.

Dare I say — it’s over?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...17873758654464

Trump has wished him well...That’s níce.
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc