Page 1081 of 1306 FirstFirst ... 815819811031107110791080108110821083109111311181 ... LastLast
Results 21,601 to 21,620 of 26103
    Quote Originally Posted by duke79 View Post
    As I said right after the election was finished, DT will be out of the White House by January 19th. No doubt about it. I haven't been worried about it in the least. This has all just been posturing on Trump's part, although I'm guessing DT will not officially concede the race to JB (and there is no requirement that he do so) and I'm also guessing he won't attend the inauguration.
    Tempted to offer a pie bet that not only will DJT not attend the inauguration, he may hold a competing rally at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by mkirsh View Post
    Tempted to offer a pie bet that not only will DJT not attend the inauguration, he may hold a competing rally at the same time.
    I don’t think he will be at the inauguration either but a rally at the same time is a bridge too far. I’ll take the bet if you want to...
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Quote Originally Posted by mkirsh View Post
    I'm wondering if he returns to DC after Christmas and New Years at Mar-a-Largo.

Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
    I don’t think he will be at the inauguration either but a rally at the same time is a bridge too far. I’ll take the bet if you want to...
    Assuming he doesn't attend the inauguration, I would bet that he'll be playing golf down in Florida that day.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    The Biden transition team's statement had it's own interesting angles. Bold emphasis mine.

"Today's decision is a needed step to begin tackling the challenges facing our nation, including getting the pandemic under control and our economy back on track," Biden-Harris transition Executive Director Yohannes Abraham said in a statement. "This final decision is a definitive administrative action to formally begin the transition process with federal agencies. In the days ahead, transition officials will begin meeting with federal officials to discuss the pandemic response, have a full accounting of our national security interests, and gain complete understanding of the Trump administration's efforts to hollow out government agencies."

It will be too bad when the mods finally shut this thread down (hold out for 1/21!) because I think the revelations from the incoming administration about the outgoing administration will be something akin to The Hangover --- waking up and trying to ascertain exactly what happened in a lot of these agencies. I do not think many records will be kept, folders handed over, briefs occurring, etc in many instances.
    I fully expected this.
    Take the potus part of the equation out.
    Yes i believe the president should make the transition part smooth.

But realistically would you train someone to do your job in most normal scenarios no.why would i train my replacement at all.
    Thats probably the way he sees it.
    I don't necessarily agree with it.
    But i do understand the logic to a degree.
    However i do not think that logic should apply to that office.

Quote Originally Posted by wavedukefan70s View Post
    I fully expected this.

But realistically would you train someone to do your job in most normal scenarios no.why would i train my replacement at all.
    What? Your computer, your project files, they belong to the company. Not you. What are you talking about?

I fully expected this.

You understand the logic? If it’s logical to behave as poorly as Trump has been behaving then why haven’t other outgoing presidents of the past 50 years (I haven’t read about how outgoing presidents behaved prior to 1968) behaved anywhere close to as immaturely and spitefully?

And how can you take the POTUS part out of it when that is precisely what makes it so very relevant? I think his actions and comments after November 3 collectively amount to treason.
    Last edited by Steven43; 11-23-2020 at 10:21 PM.

I fully expected this.

This is not training the guy who got hired to replace you pumping gas at the gas station and you got laid off for no good reason and now can't feed your family. This is the President of the United States. You run for president because you have a passionate love for the country and want to do everything in your power to make it the greatest country on earth. Different presidents might disagree on how to achieve this goal, but the goal is the same. Losing the election should not make your love of the country any less. So you should want your successor to succeed. And in order to succeed, you have to train your successor. Have you seen the letter that Bush left for Obama:

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/abc-...ry?id=44896610

This is called class. This is called love of country. This is called being an adult. Lose gracefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    You understand the logic? If it’s logical to behave as poorly as Trump has been behaving then why haven’t other outgoing presidents of the past 50 years (I haven’t read about how outgoing presidents behaved prior to 1968) anywhere close to as immaturely and spitefully?

And how can you take the POTUS part out of it when that is precisely what makes it so very relevant? I think his actions and comments after November 3 collectively amount to treason and sedition.
    Didnt say i agreed with it .i didnt say i condone it.i understand why he is doing it.is it right no ,but that does not mean i cannot understand his point of view . I fully understand why and what he is doing.

What any other president has done is irrelevant to the situation of djt.he has done or not done what many presidents before him have.how does this surprise anyone is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    This is not training the guy who got hired to replace you pumping gas at the gas station and you got laid off for no good reason and now can't feed your family. This is the President of the United States. You run for president because you have a passionate love for the country and want to do everything in your power to make it the greatest country on earth. Different presidents might disagree on how to achieve this goal, but the goal is the same. Losing the election should not make your love of the country any less. So you should want your successor to succeed. And in order to succeed, you have to train your successor. Have you seen the letter that Bush left for Obama:

This is called class. This is called love of country. This is called being an adult. Lose gracefully.

He doesn't want him to succeed thats his point.make it difficult as possible.
    This isnt about bush or obama .its DjT doing what he does.acting out foolishly
    And yes its still a job .a very important and detailed job but a job nonetheless.

As for losing gracefully he passed that point a while back .

I do not believe one ioda that anyone running for president is doing it for the love of our country or to make it great.
    They are running for the power position
    And all the riches it entails.
    I have a very hard time believing we are anymore than a source of income for our elected officials .tax us all spend it all on projects that happen to employe thier friends and supporters .at one time yes i believe what you have said was true. I do not believe it to be true for atleast the last two decades or more.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post

This is NOT why Trump ran for president, as is clearly shown by his actions.

Two pieces of info stick out for me.

From Emily Murphy’s letter...

"Please know that I came to my decision independently, based on the law and available facts," Murphy wrote in the letter, dated Monday. "I was never directly or indirectly pressured by any Executive Branch official — including those who work at the White House or GSA — with regard to the substance or timing of my decision. To be clear, I did not receive any direction to delay my determination."

After the letter was released Trump tweeted this...

...fight, and I believe we will prevail! Nevertheless, in the best interest of our Country, I am recommending that Emily and her team do what needs to be done with regard to initial protocols, and have told my team to do the same.

Who is telling the truth?
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Didnt say i agreed with it .i didnt say i condone it.i understand why he is doing it.is it right no ,but that does not mean i cannot understand his point of view . I fully understand why and what he is doing.

What any other president has done is irrelevant to the situation of djt.he has done or not done what many presidents before him have.how does this surprise anyone is beyond me.
    “How does this surprise anyone”? No, wdf, I am most definitely not the slightest bit surprised. Not even the tiniest bit.

I have seen for the past five years what kind of person he is. I knew full well he was capable of this and far worse. In fact, this dude still has two months in office to wreak all kinds of havoc, not to mention he will continue to have full control of our nuclear arsenal during that time.

And just to be clear I did not, and do not, think you agree with or condone what he has been doing. I was not trying to insinuate that.

Quote Originally Posted by duke79 View Post
    As I said right after the election was finished, DT will be out of the White House by January 19th. No doubt about it. I haven't been worried about it in the least. This has all just been posturing on Trump's part, although I'm guessing DT will not officially concede the race to JB (and there is no requirement that he do so) and I'm also guessing he won't attend the inauguration.
    Not sure this is the take. If about 6 pretty oscure Republicans had voted differently in an election they lost we would be in a full blown crisis in 3 states with those states sending competing electors. If I drive across the country and I pull into my destination missing a wheel, both headlights and all my windows, my initial reaction isn't going to be: "Cool. My car is working." It's going to be: "Dude, I need to get my car fixed." Trump didn't really almost pull this off. He lost too badly for that. He did show us how it can be done. We gotta fix that.

Donald and Co. won't stop trying to disrupt things, for sure, between now and 1/20/21. There are all sorts of regulatory actions and executive orders that will percolate between now and then that will be anathema to the Biden Administration.

But at the very least, Michigan squelched Donald's second attempt to overturn the will of the American people in this election. (The first, through the courts, was going nowhere.)

The next 57 days will be some of the most difficult in American history.

But a light is at the end of the tunnel at last.

Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post

Who is telling the truth?
    Well, if you forced me to choose . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I definitely agree with this. I think a lot of Trump's recent chopping block activities has been of the "send in the shredders" variety.

I think concerns about shredding are overblown. 99.9% of federal employees are civil servants, not political appointees. None of us civil servants are intentionally violating the regulations about preserving records. An appointee might delete his inbox, but everyone who was CCd on the emails will still have it and the attachments in their inbox - any given document is also likely to be duplicated on the agency sharepoint site, the building's mainframe/shared drive, and the desktop computers of whoever worked on it or read it - effectively destroying information in an organization with this much chaotic redundancy would be well nigh impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    “How does this surprise anyone”? No, wdf, I am most definitely not the slightest bit surprised. Not even the tiniest bit.

I have seen for the past five years what kind of person he is. I knew full well he was capable of this and far worse. In fact, this dude still has two months in office to wreak all kinds of havoc, not to mention he will continue to have full control of our nuclear arsenal during that time.

And just to be clear I did not, and do not, think you agree with or condone what he has been doing. I was not trying to insinuate that.
    Its all good.some times its hard to read how people intend things in type.
    Oh the arguments my wife and i get into
    Over txt .lol

I wonder how Biden will win MI and PA today. I’ll check back later but need to get to my ice sculpture class first...

Quote Originally Posted by Matches View Post
    I wonder how Biden will win MI and PA today.
    "Biden is winning in Michigan so many times that he is legally required to change his name to Ohio State"

(seen on the interwebs, can't take credit)