Page 1039 of 1306 FirstFirst ... 39539939989102910371038103910401041104910891139 ... LastLast
Results 20,761 to 20,780 of 26103
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    This begs a question that may never be answered: what if Trump had brought him a shrubbery?

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Bill Simmons has a fantastic theory for how to construct a basketball team. His basic premise is you can have one crazy person. Because that person can be influenced by more rational actors. You can't have two crazy people on a team because they will invariably be drawn to each other and there is a negative synergy that is definitely going to occur.
    It bears repeating: W had James Baker — an incredibly established lawyer with significant big-hitting support — in charge of his legal challenge. And it was only in one state.

Trump had Jared (a non-lawyer), then Bossie (a non-lawyer), and now Rudy (who hasn’t really practiced much law since the late 1980’s) trying to run a multi-state legal challenge with a patchwork of non-election law firms. Chaos theory in action.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    This begs a question that may never be answered: what if Trump had brought him a shrubbery?
    Dunno. But his election result challenge is like trying to cut down the mightiest tree in the forest with a herring.

Dunno. But his election result challenge is like trying to cut down the mightiest tree in the forest with a herring.
    What color herring?
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

It bears repeating: W had James Baker — an incredibly established lawyer with significant big-hitting support — in charge of his legal challenge. And it was only in one state.

Trump had Jared (a non-lawyer), then Bossie (a non-lawyer), and now Rudy (who hasn’t really practiced much law since the late 1980’s) trying to run a multi-state legal challenge with a patchwork of non-election law firms. Chaos theory in action.
    yup, plus Baker was presented with a unique set of circumstances in FL (e.g. poorly designed ballots)...I did get an email from POTUS moments ago telling me that if I sent him $45, they would definitely turn the election around...so stand by!

Yeah. So recently we had a plumbing issue in our house and, because we hate the idea of using someone who is classically trained to do a particular job, we went to the local symphony orchestra and hired an oboist to come in and do the work. We are going to miss that house.

Trump was so preoccupied with whether or not he could, he didn't stop to think if he should.

JG.jpg

Yeah. So recently we had a plumbing issue in our house and, because we hate the idea of using someone who is classically trained to do a particular job, we went to the local symphony orchestra and hired an oboist to come in and do the work. We are going to miss that house.
    Should have gone with a cellist. I thought everyone knew that?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Yeah, but they charge union rates.

Yeah, but they charge union rates.
    And just when you think they are done, they keep stringing you along.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    This is welcome news. While it seemed totally unlikely, it's still nice to see in print finality.

Republican leaders in four critical states won by President-elect Joe Biden say they won’t participate in a legally dubious scheme to flip their state’s electors to vote for President Donald Trump. Their comments effectively shut down a half-baked plot some Republicans floated as a last chance to keep Trump in the White House.
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-win...053422014.html
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Politico has an article about the train wreck that is Trump's legal "strategy." It offers some answers to the questions that have been raised in this thread. Cliff notes answer: It's Rudy? The shocking reveal is they had a plan before the election.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/1...l-plans-436475

On a side note, Trump has continued a long standing Presidential tradition: the greying of the hair. Either he was too busy all week doing Presidential work or his hair colorist flew the coop.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    We are so soured based on our experience that we will probably shun all woodwinds from here on out and cast our lot with the percussionists. Thanks for your input, got to go. Headed to Dunkin Donuts to get my tooth pulled.

The march today is the largest in the history of DC marches. Pretty spectacular.

Honestly, it feels like the country is exhausted and a lot of tension has just, for lack of a better word, deflated. All the schools around me are beginning to go all virtual again and I'd be shocked not to see a return to the red/yellow stages of our closings. People are wiped.

I first fell in love with Mrs.PK when I found out she played in the local symphony.

That’s right — she had me at “chello.”

Happy last birthday CB&B:

C843F51C-AB4F-4EDF-A7FD-DFDE5EDA3B16.jpg

Perhaps more explanation for the head rolling occurring now.

McCabe on CNN interview Friday night:

Mr McCabe replied: “There is some very, very serious, very specific, undeniable intelligence that has not come out, that if it were released, would risk compromising our access to that sort of information in the future.

“I think it would also risk casting the president in a very negative light - so, would he have a motivation to release those things? It’s almost incomprehensible to me that he would want that information out, I don’t see how he spins it into his advantage, because quite frankly, I don’t believe it’s flattering.

Asked if Mr McCabe thought there was more “bad stuff” about Mr Trump that wasn’t already publicly known, he replied: “There is always more intelligence, there is a lot more in the intelligence community assessment than what is ever released for public consumption.

We are so soured based on our experience that we will probably shun all woodwinds from here on out and cast our lot with the percussionists. Thanks for your input, got to go. Headed to Dunkin Donuts to get my tooth pulled.
    I'll see if I can drum up some support for that.

Just don’t string anyone along, they may get upset and lose their composer.

If you don’t toot your own horn, no one will.