Page 1001 of 1306 FirstFirst ... 5019019519919991000100110021003101110511101 ... LastLast
Results 20,001 to 20,020 of 26103
    Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    You've said this before, and it's time that someone says no. Putting voting online would be a terrible idea. There needs to be a verifiable, difficult-to-change, record of every vote made, so that votes can be audited, and most importantly, so that it takes a massive effort in time and personnel to make a meaningful difference in the outcome by attempting voter fraud. Right now, Senator Graham is busy being outraged about 100 dead people having voted in Pennsylvania. While that's horrible, it's nowhere close to changing the outcome. But how easy would it be to change some code so that software calculates that someone is dead when they aren't, or appears not to be dead when they are? Stupidly easy if you get access, and much harder to detect and correct if it happens. It's almost impossible for that to even be a meaningful issue under the current system.

There is safety and stability inherent in the current inefficiency.
    Agree.

Online voting would be very convenient and such an attractive target for hackers. Just ask yourself how many large sophisticated companies (Equifax) have (Target) been (Microsoft) hacked? Online isn't secure.

Quote Originally Posted by House P View Post
    They are all tired of losing to Ohio State at football?
    They all regret letting Maryland into the B1G.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Corey View Post
    I don't know but why is "ballots" capitalized? Maybe that's a clue.
    I don't know. Let's take a pole on the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by freshmanjs View Post
    Anyone know what this refers to?

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump

The threshold identification of Ballots is turning out to be even bigger than originally anticipated. A very large number of Ballots are impacted. Stay tuned!
    Just more gaslighting. It’s his go-to move.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    He has also tweeted out things disparaging the Nevada and Wisconsin elections in the last few minutes.

Georgia's two Republican Senators -- who are headed into runoffs -- issued a statement attacking the Republican Secretary of State because he "failed to deliver honest and transparent elections" and called on him to resign.

This is bonkers. And SOOOOOO damaging to one of the most fundamental institutions of our nation. Truly sad.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Yea, maybe, but, as I mention in the "investment thread", I'm furious with myself for not listening to Donald Trump when he told us numerous times over the past six months, that, as soon as the election was over, there would be good news on Covid! LOL. People who listened to him (and traded on his prediction) have made FORTUNES!

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    He has also tweeted out things disparaging the Nevada and Wisconsin elections in the last few minutes.

Georgia's two Republican Senators -- who are headed into runoffs -- issued a statement attacking the Republican Secretary of State because he "failed to deliver honest and transparent elections" and called on him to resign.

This is bonkers. And SOOOOOO damaging to one of the most fundamental institutions of our nation. Truly sad.
    I'm kinda worried it is damaging to our national security. But, ultimately - is it going to be successful? Are they going to be able to turn over the results?

Well that answers the question of whether they would be continuing to embrace Trumpism... as if there was any doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    I don't know. Let's take a pole on the matter.
    Speaking of poles, it's almost Festivus, and I can hardly wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    Just in case I'm considered one of the "we", I have not become convinced of any such thing. But the fraud that needs to be guarded against at the moment is fraud in favor of Democrats, because their guy won. Fraud in favor of Republicans would be equally bad and very much worth knowing about, but is inherently less urgent in the current situation. And to be clear, I'm not at all in favor of the conclusion that Trump, in particular, seems to be mainly urging, which is that any fraud in the election means that the entire election is not valid and shouldn't be believed.

That last is the implication that most damages the country.
    When the president says before an election "The only way we are going to lose this election, is if the election is rigged", that is damaging to the country.

And Mitch McConnell is now worried because the statement in bold is that it will tick-off a lot of folks in Atlanta and Savannah who will come out in droves to vote against them.

I will add another quick comment. Right now we are worried that these accusations of fraud will undermine our democratic system. The best thing about most Americans is we have short attention spans. In Feb when Biden is in the WH and Trump is sitting in a court room in NY this will all be forgotten.

It is crazy to me that sitting Senators are making accusations and demanding resignations without presenting any significant evidence. If there is evidence, present it. If the president deserves his day in court, as they have argued, then surely the Secretary of State deserves similar considerations.

Is the ultimate goal here to ensure that no American ever trusts an election outcome they don't like again? Because that is where we are headed, and in a hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by jafarr1 View Post
    It is crazy to me that sitting Senators are making accusations and demanding resignations without presenting any significant evidence. If there is evidence, present it. If the president deserves his day in court, as they have argued, then surely the Secretary of State deserves similar considerations.

Is the ultimate goal here to ensure that no American ever trusts an election outcome they don't like again? Because that is where we are headed, and in a hurry.
    I think Americans do trust the elections...all this is doing is making these candidates look like fools.

I think the short goal is to piss off their base in Georgia enough to turn out the vote and retain their seats. I don't think they care about any long term consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD83 View Post
    I think Americans do trust the elections...all this is doing is making these candidates look like fools.
    To half the country, yes. But to the other half, they look like heroes.

And that is the real problem in all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by jacone21 View Post
    I think the short goal is to piss off their base in Georgia enough to turn out the vote and retain their seats. I don't think they care about any long term consequences.
    That, and then to scare them with the fact that the emerging progressive voices from the left of the Democratic party can only be stopped by electing conservative Republican Senators.

It is crazy to me that sitting Senators are making accusations...
    I posted this earlier in the Congressional thread, but it works here, too. This morning a GA Dem operative referred to Loeffler as “QAnon Kelly.” I’d assume Dems will push this theme, and include Perdue.

Quote Originally Posted by gumbomoop View Post
    I posted this earlier in the Congressional thread, but it works here, too. This morning a GA Dem operative referred to Loeffler as “QAnon Kelly.” I’d assume Dems will push this theme, and include Perdue.
    Awesome. Now the Dems are resorting to name-calling. I suppose it was just a matter of time. SMH.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I'm kinda worried it is damaging to our national security. But, ultimately - is it going to be successful? Are they going to be able to turn over the results?
    No. Not even close.

People close to Trump, people like Giuliani, are telling him what he wants to hear.

Every national election has errors here and there. This is because elections are run by humans, who are fallible. That is something altogether different from widespread, organized voter fraud.

And his lawyers know this, which is why the actual lawsuits they are filing are much more narrow than his sweeping claims.

And yes, it is objectively horrible for our country.

Hard to overstate how authoritarian and anti-democratic this all is. Just terrifying times.