Page 1141 of 1306 FirstFirst ... 14164110411091113111391140114111421143115111911241 ... LastLast
Results 22,801 to 22,820 of 26103
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Corey View Post
    News out of Georgia: The first day of early voting saw 168,000 in-person votes cast.

For the first day of early voting for the general election, there were 136,000 in-person votes cast.
    Would that be a GOP positive since Republicans are much more likely to vote in-person?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    Would that be a GOP positive since Republicans are much more likely to vote in-person?
    It's 2020, so who knows. But probably not, since it's early voting, which as we've just seen heavily favored Democrats this year as in most years.

Yep

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Fascinating article on the success of Raphael Warnock's ads that feature his pet beagle: https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...-black-people/

Studies show that men who include their dogs in their profile pictures are more successful using dating apps. (I saw this in the book The Genius of Dogs, by Brian Hare and Vanessa Woods of Duke University.)

Doesn't surprise me that having a dog in your campaign ads would be helpful.

Along those lines, Sherrod Brown's first run for U.S. Senate in Ohio largely featured his dog, Franklin.

(They, too, sold mugs. I know because my then-apolitical mother bought one.)

Franklin is still around and still featured.

And there's a reason that nearly every president--except for the outgoing occupant of the White House--has had a dog, too. It isn't just because they love dogs. (Sorry, I'm a cynic sometimes.)

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    Studies show that men who include their dogs in their profile pictures are more successful using dating apps. (I saw this in the book The Genius of Dogs, by Brian Hare and Vanessa Woods of Duke University.)

Yup. Interacting with dogs gives most people an endorphin boost and can decrease stress levels. Even seeing one in a picture could increase good feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Corey View Post
    It's 2020, so who knows. But probably not, since it's early voting, which as we've just seen heavily favored Democrats this year as in most years.
    True, 2020 makes predictions almost impossible and comparisons difficult.

Thanks for the early voting information.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD83 View Post
    Putin congratulates Biden before many of our elected officials in DC.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/15/europ...ntl/index.html
    McConnell just congratulated President-Elect Biden and VP-Elect Harris on the floor of the Senate.

Meanwhile the outgoing President is retweeting Lin Wood’s call to jail the Governor of Georgia. So there’s that.

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post

I'll have to remember to borrow a dog for a photo shoot if I ever become single again.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    I'll have to remember to borrow a dog for a photo shoot if I ever become single again.
    If you give the name/email address of your significant other, I'll be certain to speed up that opportunity

Quote Originally Posted by Matches View Post
    McConnell just congratulated President-Elect Biden and VP-Elect Harris on the floor of the Senate.

Meanwhile the outgoing President is retweeting Lin Wood’s call to jail the Governor of Georgia. So there’s that.
    That’s a good sign for the smoothness of January 6. As another poster noted, no (I think) member of the KY delegation signed on to the congressional GOP SC filing.

Elsewhere, I am reading that newsmax anchors are now referring to Biden as P-E.

Well

I have an adorable Springer spaniel I could rent out!

Quote Originally Posted by grad_devil View Post
    If you give the name/email address of your significant other, I'll be certain to speed up that opportunity
    And to ruin the joke by being abundantly clear, I meant I would forward them the text of your post talking about "becoming single again". I was not attempting to break-up your relationship. I re-read it and thought, "Wow, that could be entirely misconstrued". Figured I'd clarify just to be certain.

Man, I'm bad with comedy in real life. Worse on message boards.

Quote Originally Posted by Matches View Post

This might short circuit any attempt to challenge the Electoral College votes from a Senator. The House is definitely getting challenges.

Quote Originally Posted by grad_devil View Post
    And to ruin the joke by being abundantly clear, I meant I would forward them the text of your post talking about "becoming single again". I was not attempting to break-up your relationship. I re-read it and thought, "Wow, that could be entirely misconstrued". Figured I'd clarify just to be certain.

Man, I'm bad with comedy in real life. Worse on message boards.
    I enjoyed this overly-intellectual analysis of your attempt at humor quite a bit

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    A major contender for the Virginia governorship is actively calling for Trump to implement martial law.

“Not my President and never will be,” she (State Sen. Amanda F. Chase) wrote, referring to Biden. “The American people aren’t fools. We know you cheated to win and we’ll never accept these results. Fair elections we can accept but cheating to win; never. It’s not over yet. So thankful President Trump has a backbone and refuses to concede. President Trump should declare martial law as recommended by General Flynn."
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...VAd?li=BBnb7Kz
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    A major contender for the Virginia governorship is actively calling for Trump to implement martial law.

I hope it isn't too partisan to say that's Bat Poop Insane.

Doesn't publicly advocating for martial law cross some kind of legal line? Seeing as her party doesn't seem to have much of a problem with the legal philosophy of "let's take everything to court and hope one of our cases sticks," one would think that someone could come up with a grounds for prosecution.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Doesn't publicly advocating for martial law cross some kind of legal line? Seeing as her party doesn't seem to have much of a problem with the legal philosophy of "let's take everything to court and hope one of our cases sticks," one would think that someone could come up with a grounds for prosecution.
    The "never my president" statement stands out just as much to me. I hope if elected, she never needs to ask for federal funds or be in need of Biden declaring a state of emergency for Virginia.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

The "never my president" statement stands out just as much to me. I hope if elected, she never needs to ask for federal funds or be in need of Biden declaring a state of emergency for Virginia.
    We are talking about a state that Biden won by 10 and Mark Warner won by 12; a state that Tim Kaine won by 17 in 2018. She could be one of the leading contenders for the GOP nomination for Governor, but Virginia ain't voting for a Republican for Governor (especially a far-right, authoritarian candidate) any time soon.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Doesn't publicly advocating for martial law cross some kind of legal line?
    Does it broach upon treason?