Page 1304 of 1306 FirstFirst ... 30480412041254129413021303130413051306 LastLast
Results 26,061 to 26,080 of 26103
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    So it is being reported that Trump will looking into starting "The Patriot Party".

If that happens, we will no longer have the specter of him holding office ever again. As soon as he does, he is no longer with the RNC, he is a competitor, and loses all of the money that goes with their good graces. I think it's funny that anyone would think that he has the wherewithal to actually organize such a party anyway. Well, maybe he could ignite the flame, but as with every thing he has ever done, including running the United States of America, he would not be able to sustain it.
    That would require that he care more about those he leads than himself, and that is a proven impossibility.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    So it is being reported that Trump will looking into starting "The Patriot Party".

If that happens, we will no longer have the specter of him holding office ever again. As soon as he does, he is no longer with the RNC, he is a competitor, and loses all of the money that goes with their good graces. I think it's funny that anyone would think that he has the wherewithal to actually organize such a party anyway. Well, maybe he could ignite the flame, but as with every thing he has ever done, including running the United States of America, he would not be able to sustain it.
    That would require that he care more about those he leads than himself, and that is a proven impossibility.
    If that happens, it would be fascinating to see how the Democrats manage to bumble that. On its face it seems it would hand the left the next several national races, but I've seen enough to know they would find a way to keep it close.

RIP this administration.

Here is a list of things we are celebrating today. At least one of those has not aged well (at all). Happy Inauguration Day, everyone! Hope you got one of the 8M "lost" (wink) Trump votes in your political stocking!

Bodhi Day
    Camcorder Day
    Inauguration Day
    International Day of Acceptance
    Museum Selfie Day - January 20, 2021 (Third Wednesday in January)
    National Bill Cosby Sweater Day
    National Buttercrunch Day
    National Cheese Lover's Day
    National Coffee Break Day
    National Disc Jockey Day
    Penguin Awareness Day
    Take a Walk Outdoors Day
    This National Carnage Is Over Day

So he was against TPP before he was for it?
    Reminds me of an election barb from several back.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Here is a list of things we are celebrating today. ...
    Penguin Awareness Day
    Does that foreshadow 2021 as the year of the Linux Desktop?
    (that was last year, for me)

^^ (not original to me, I should add).

I’m out. Thanks for the ride. Peace and health to all!

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I'm hearing there will be a mysterious late night dump of pardons.

It appears 1 AM Eastern was the correct time...

I believe Bill Belichick already turned down the offer to be the head coach

Is this where we say our goodbyes?

What a long strange trip it has been. Someone online said the best way for Biden to connect with the people would be to walk to the podium for his acceptance speech and start with "well, that was weird."

Big thank you to the mods for keeping this thread open so long and for tolerating our venting and whatnot. It really has been a valuable source of information as well as the occasional chuckle.

Now it’s time to mute his name everywhere that will allow me to, and never speak of him again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Is this where we say our goodbyes?

What a long strange trip it has been. Someone online said the best way for Biden to connect with the people would be to walk to the podium for his acceptance speech and start with "well, that was weird."
    Hilarious!

I have to check out the pardons list to see if Trump actually pardoned Robert Bales as his last act of truly disgusting things.

Peace, my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Matches View Post
    Big thank you to the mods for keeping this thread open so long and for tolerating our venting and whatnot. It really has been a valuable source of information as well as the occasional chuckle.

Now it’s time to mute his name everywhere that will allow me to, and never speak of him again.
    That is a shot at OPK from out of nowhere.

Well, "starting a new party" may have nothing to do with starting a new party, just as Stop The Steal fundraising had nothing to do with changing the election result. I see a wonderful fundraising opportunity to fill the Trumpian coffers, nothing more.
    And there will be all sorts of people lining up to contribute.

"Here's to a four years let's soon forget."

"No, Here's to a four years we will never forget."

Quote Originally Posted by PSurprise View Post
    "Here's to a four years let's soon forget."

"No, Here's to a four years we will never forget."
    Yikes. That analogy makes me strangely uncomfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Yikes. That analogy makes me strangely uncomfortable.
    Trump did pull a Terminator and say we’ll be back in his farewell remarks...

Ross Perot redux?

I'm still trying to work my way through him using YMCA as his theme song. I was really hoping he would start doing the dance. Even if he did the letters M-A-G-A I would have been OK with that. Throw me a bone, Donald.

Thanks to the mods for all of your hard work and for loosening things up a bit post-election. What was going on was unprecedented and could not just be normalized, so I appreciate you allowing us a little more leeway to react.

Hopefully we will now have a return to normalcy and can focus on unity, real issues, and civilized discourse in Washington. I know that's not what everyone wants, but I think it will be good for all of our sanity and for our nation.

Quote Originally Posted by Matches View Post

You know for the next year or so .you will be hearing trump did this trump did that.we going to undo trumps ect.

He lives rent free in plenty of peoples heads .you will probably hear it for quite some time.

Quote Originally Posted by wavedukefan70s View Post
    You know for the next year or so .you will be hearing trump did this trump did that.we going to undo trumps ect.

He lives rent free in plenty of peoples heads .you will probably hear it for quite some time.
    If they cover things he "does" as opposed to "says" or "tweets," it will be welcome.