Page 1302 of 1306 FirstFirst ... 30280212021252129213001301130213031304 ... LastLast
Results 26,021 to 26,040 of 26103
    Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Interesting reporting this afternoon on a meeting Trump had with his attorneys Saturday re pardons. What was expected last week may not be what we see today.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ng/vi-BB1cTRdB
    Interesting. Thanks. I always wonder how they get such detailed information out of these types of meetings. The leaks in the Trump administration have been unbelievable.

On an unrelated note, GA certified the two Senate elections so they can potentially be sworn in tomorrow, along with Harris' replacement from CA.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...ries-in-senate

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    ...GA certified the two Senate elections so they can potentially be sworn in tomorrow, along with Harris' replacement from CA.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...ries-in-senate
    Our new Senators Warnock and Ossoff will indeed be sworn in tomorrow, as will California's new Senator Alex Padilla.

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Interesting reporting this afternoon on a meeting Trump had with his attorneys Saturday re pardons. What was expected last week may not be what we see today.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ng/vi-BB1cTRdB
    Thanks, interesting.

Although the report references legal liability, they also need to worry about civil liability. There are likely to be some wrongful death and property damage cases coming out of this.

Trump is about to be buried in legal problems in multiple jurisdictions. On top of the pending suits he has stuff-armed while in office. Good luck getting qualified lawyers.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    ...Trump is about to be buried in legal problems in multiple jurisdictions. On top of the pending suits he has stuff-armed while in office. Good luck getting qualified lawyers.
    This is a big part of why, apart from whether he should run again (or be allowed to), I don't think Trump is actually that much of a threat for the 2024 race. I don't expect him to ever face true justice in the sense of time in the slammer or anything, but I do suspect that he'll spend the remainder of his [redacted] life playing some serious legal and financial defense.

Thanks, interesting.

Although the report references legal liability, they also need to worry about civil liability. There are likely to be some wrongful death and property damage cases coming out of this.

Trump is about to be buried in legal problems in multiple jurisdictions. On top of the pending suits he has stuff-armed while in office. Good luck getting qualified lawyers.
    Tiffany just graduated from law school so she can be his lawyer. Interestingly, it looks like she just got engaged to a guy from a very wealthy international family.

https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-kno...st-full-day-in

In addition to McConnell and McCarthy skipping the Trump send-off -- they will be in church with Biden -- it is being reported that Pence will also decline to attend.

Not with a bang, but a whimper . . . .
    Kevin McCarthy too. Let’s see if Cruz, Hawley and/or Graham show up. If not it will give Pompeo a chance to continue with his Trump impersonation. I look for Jordan and Nunes to be clutching Trumps leg and begging for him not to leave. I wonder if Marjorie had her invitation revoked. Saying Parkland was a false flag will not go over well in FL.

Ya'll all need to listen to today episode of The Daily: https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR...EegQICRAF&ep=6

The NY Times interviewed several die-hard Trump supporters. I think it is important to hear from these folks so we can understand the delusion under which they live. They are absolutely convinced the election was stolen and are bitterly angry about that. If you are a Biden supporter, think about how you would feel if you thought Trump stole it? Many of the folks interviewed say the capitol attack was not the proper response, but they understand why folks got that angry.

Anyway, if you can listen without getting too angry and frustrated, I think the interviews are worth hearing.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Ya'll all need to listen to today episode of The Daily: https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR...EegQICRAF&ep=6

The NY Times interviewed several die-hard Trump supporters. I think it is important to hear from these folks so we can understand the delusion under which they live. They are absolutely convinced the election was stolen and are bitterly angry about that. If you are a Biden supporter, think about how you would feel if you thought Trump stole it? Many of the folks interviewed say the capitol attack was not the proper response, but they understand why folks got that angry.

Anyway, if you can listen without getting too angry and frustrated, I think the interviews are worth hearing.
    I would be absolutely irate if I thought the election was stolen in either direction. But, I would also want evidence as opposed to sheer emotion and frustration.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill

NO!! Continuing to cover stories like this gives legitimacy to their delusions. I am a white hot ball of rage because of the number of Americans that are dying everyday. These people are angry because they choose to believe lies. They deserve no attention. They deserve no coddling. We are facing death and suffering in the extreme because of all the coddling and attention. No more. They are wrong in their beliefs and they do not deserve to have any future attention paid to their grievances whatsoever. I am angry in the extreme because I believe the lives of my fellow Americans are more important than my personal feelings about a whole host of issues. These people do not. They believe their grievances are more important than the lives of their fellow citizens. We must marginalize that attitude. I would bet any amount of pie that these people spend no time thinking about the truly marginalized in our society. This attitude and these people are mainstream even if the media likes to pretend that they aren't.

I will say it again, these people may be angry and they may feel marginalized, but that does not make it true. We do NOT need to understand them, we already do, we've heard from them and about them ad nauseum. They need the attention to be turned away from them because they are the ones who have a lot to learn. Where are the interviews with the meat-packing plant workers? Where are the stories of the bus drivers' families left to grieve when their breadwinner succumbs to covid? How about interviewing the cleaning staff at hospitals, the ones paid sub-contractors, that consequently don't get the employee email telling them they are eligible for vaccination? Where are the stories about all the immigrants who take on the work caring for our elderly population in the assisted living/long term care facilities? Where are the interviews with all the people that continue to do the essential work at greater risk to their own health while these people sit around complaining about not being heard?

I would actually be made at incompetent legal teams who (supposedly) had lots of evidence but went 1-61 (?) in legal cases. At the end the legal system decides disputes and if the lawyers could not make their case they are to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    NO!! Continuing to cover stories like this gives legitimacy to their delusions. I am a white hot ball of rage because of the number of Americans that are dying everyday. These people are angry because they choose to believe lies. They deserve no attention. They deserve no coddling. We are facing death and suffering in the extreme because of all the coddling and attention. No more. They are wrong in their beliefs and they do not deserve to have any future attention paid to their grievances whatsoever. I am angry in the extreme because I believe the lives of my fellow Americans are more important than my personal feelings about a whole host of issues. These people do not. They believe their grievances are more important than the lives of their fellow citizens. We must marginalize that attitude. I would bet any amount of pie that these people spend no time thinking about the truly marginalized in our society. This attitude and these people are mainstream even if the media likes to pretend that they aren't.

I will say it again, these people may be angry and they may feel marginalized, but that does not make it true. We do NOT need to understand them, we already do, we've heard from them and about them ad nauseum. They need the attention to be turned away from them because they are the ones who have a lot to learn. Where are the interviews with the meat-packing plant workers? Where are the stories of the bus drivers' families left to grieve when their breadwinner succumbs to covid? How about interviewing the cleaning staff at hospitals, the ones paid sub-contractors, that consequently don't get the employee email telling them they are eligible for vaccination? Where are the stories about all the immigrants who take on the work caring for our elderly population in the assisted living/long term care facilities? Where are the interviews with all the people that continue to do the essential work at greater risk to their own health while these people sit around complaining about not being heard?
    This is a much better response than the one I wrote so I want to endorse it. Well said Bostondevil.

Thank you. Must spread sporks...

Where are the interviews with the meat-packing plant workers? Where are the stories of the bus drivers' families left to grieve when their breadwinner succumbs to covid? How about interviewing the cleaning staff at hospitals, the ones paid sub-contractors, that consequently don't get the employee email telling them they are eligible for vaccination? Where are the stories about all the immigrants who take on the work caring for our elderly population in the assisted living/long term care facilities? Where are the interviews with all the people that continue to do the essential work at greater risk to their own health while these people sit around complaining about not being heard?
    The Daily has done those, too. I'm not sure each, specific, individual one you've mentioned, but they have done a lot of outreach to people affected by the pandemic to talk about their experience (I can specifically recall at least two episodes speaking with meat-packing workers, for example).

I realize your commentary was not necessarily specifically directed at this particular podcast, but this particular podcast has done at least some of what you are asking for.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    The Daily has done those, too. I'm not sure each, specific, individual one you've mentioned, but they have done a lot of outreach to people affected by the pandemic to talk about their experience (I can specifically recall at least two episodes speaking with meat-packing workers, for example).

I realize your commentary was not necessarily specifically directed at this particular podcast, but this particular podcast has done at least some of what you are asking for.
    Glad to hear it. Thank you for letting me know.

Follow up to my previous post. What the people who continue to believe that the election was stolen actually do need - for those in power to stop lying to them.

Allow me to explain...

It is easy to dismiss these folks as fools -- people who have been lied to and chose to believe the lies. It is easy to be disgusted with their anger. It is easy to fell bitter at how they have cavalierly dismissed the real threats of the pandemic and spread the disease to others. It is easy to feel rage at their support of racists and neo-Nazis. I am not saying all Trump supporters fall into those buckets -- not at all!! -- but a fair share do and it is easy to think we should leave those people behind as we move forward as a society.

But I don't think that is the most healthy way for us to move forward. I think it is important to understand where these people are coming from and what they believe. I may be wrong, but I think that only when we understand their point of view will we be able to help them see reality. I know it won't work on many of them -- many will never believe facts and science -- but I think some can be saved and I think it is worth making the effort to save them.

I would rather try to understand them than dismiss them... maybe that is wrong given how far gone many of them seem to be, but that's who I am.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    If you are a Biden supporter, think about how you would feel if you thought Trump stole it? Many of the folks interviewed say the capitol attack was not the proper response, but they understand why folks got that angry.
    Many thought the 2016 election was stolen, especially with the disparity in the popular vote and the electoral college.
    The race was conceded before the sun rose.
    Nobody invaded the Capitol, nobody died.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Allow me to explain...

It is easy to dismiss these folks as fools -- people who have been lied to and chose to believe the lies. It is easy to be disgusted with their anger. It is easy to fell bitter at how they have cavalierly dismissed the real threats of the pandemic and spread the disease to others. It is easy to feel rage at their support of racists and neo-Nazis. I am not saying all Trump supporters fall into those buckets -- not at all!! -- but a fair share do and it is easy to think we should leave those people behind as we move forward as a society.

But I don't think that is the most healthy way for us to move forward. I think it is important to understand where these people are coming from and what they believe. I may be wrong, but I think that only when we understand their point of view will we be able to help them see reality. I know it won't work on many of them -- many will never believe facts and science -- but I think some can be saved and I think it is worth making the effort to save them.

I would rather try to understand them than dismiss them... maybe that is wrong given how far gone many of them seem to be, but that's who I am.
    You bleeding heart liberals...

(please take that in the spirit it was intended)

Allow me to explain...

Do you think Trump Republicans have this same conversation but in reverse about liberals? I don't know how much you can invest in understanding a group of people, marginalized as SOME of them may be, who think the other side of the aisle are godless, treasonous, amoral, worthless, unamerican, lying, cheating pedophiles who should be shot or hung. At some point, the strategy is active management, trying to adjust the policy levers in a way that might result in less marginalization and helps to lower the temperature of these people --- and not understanding and reaching out.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    I won't be surprised one bit if Trump doesn't release his expected pardon list until between 11am and noon tomorrow, in his one last steal of attention.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."