Page 802 of 1306 FirstFirst ... 3027027527928008018028038048128529021302 ... LastLast
Results 16,021 to 16,040 of 26103
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    Offered without comment:

Attachment 11678
    That one gave me a chuckle 🤭. Clever.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    That one gave me a chuckle ��. Clever.
    If Don does lose more than one tabloid will be stealing his trademark lines from the apprentice with a couple of slammers at the end!! You might even see one or two in this thread.

https://electproject.github.io/Early...20G/index.html

10 million of the 50 million requested mail in ballots already returned bringing a total of almost 27 million with in person voting so far. With early voting essentially just beginning it looks like a LOT of voting will be in the bag before Election Day...

Texas has already reached 38% of its 2016 number and Florida 25%...Wow...
    Last edited by Furniture; 10-18-2020 at 08:46 AM.
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post

10 million of the 50 million requested mail in ballots already returned bringing a total of almost 27 million with in person voting so far. With early voting essentially just beginning it looks like a LOT of voting will be in the bag before Election Day...

What is very interesting to me is that it appears that 16 million of the ballots are in-person voting. (I got the 16 million number by scrolling down and seeing that ~11 million of the 27 million are mail-in ballots). I voted early and in person. I encourage folks to do this because it was safe, easy and faster than I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD83 View Post
    What is very interesting to me is that it appears that 16 million of the ballots are in-person voting. (I got the 16 million number by scrolling down and seeing that ~11 million of the 27 million are mail-in ballots). I voted early and in person. I encourage folks to do this because it was safe, easy and faster than I thought.
    Yep beergoddess and I early voted this weekend. I went to the Clemmons Library where the phone app said the wait was 30 minutes. I waited about 2 hours, but happy to do it.

Beergoddess scouted all locations with a phone app that gave wait times. She walked in to vote with no wait and got it done in 5 minutes. I was surprised to see the color-in-circles paper ballots this year like a California Achievement test. Coloring in all those circles slows it down a bit since it's slower to vote straight ticket. But not bad, very straightforward, and no confusing referendum Yes/No paragraphs to read in NC. It makes sense to have no touch screens this year.

Served as a witness for my 90 y/o grandmother’s absentee ballot in SC today. We sprung her from her assisted living facility so she could (finally) meet her great grandson. She has to quarantine when she goes back in but it’s been a great visit. She’s been reminding me she wants to vote since she’s been out so it was nice helping her out.

Will be going tomorrow.having to think real hard.i don't like any of them .

Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post

Virginia says hold my beer. It reached 130% of its 2016 election total over a week ago.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Virginia says hold my beer. It reached 130% of its 2016 election total over a week ago.
    My 2 votes helped that total😉

Virginia (1.355 million votes cast so far in 2020) is at about 35% of the 3.984 million votes cast there in 2016.

Callback!

To clarify, that is 130% of the 2016 early voting total, not the 2016 overall voting total.

And Chicago has reached 150% of its 2020 registered live voters.

Biden visited Durham today. He was introduced by Duke Women’s Basketball Coach Kara Lawson.
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Whoever recommended ear buds and a podcast for the wait line to vote was spot on. Many thanks. Very enjoyable waiting to vote in beautiful fall weather, listening to the new Bob Dylan album.

Quote Originally Posted by mpj96 View Post
    Very enjoyable waiting to vote in beautiful fall weather, listening to the new Bob Dylan album.
    Oooooh, great choice! 👍🏻 Dylan is my all-time favorite artist/songwriter. After all these years he still has profound wisdom to share with us.

Vote early and often.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Vote early and often.
    Don says you can do that (vote often) in North Carolina. I’m so thankful I live here! Yep 👍🏻

I did live in Louisiana for four years. BTW there is the “Governors” bar in New Orleans. Every governor they honor was indicted or convicted of some fraud related crime. Boy I don’t miss that

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post

The last thing we need is these lawsuits after the election. Imagine 20,000 votes come in after a vote counting deadline and the margin is 10,000 for Trump, but an ambiguous law gives both the count and don't count views probable legal cover. Get the court case settled now and have a clear and unambiguous standard for election night and beyond. I would much rather have court challenges in the run up to the election, than court challenges up until the electoral college deadline. That would be a mess and would likely invalidate the election in the eyes of whomever lost. At least now there is a clear and settled deadline and that's that. No chances for chicanery on either side (or at least they'll have to find something else).
    https://politi.co/3dNuVvb

This seems to veer away from the good faith interpretation offered above, but then again, it’s directly in line with much of what’s been done to thwart the attempt to reinstate voting rights for felons in Florida.