Page 567 of 1306 FirstFirst ... 674675175575655665675685695776176671067 ... LastLast
Results 11,321 to 11,340 of 26103
    I saw his video over at the NY Times, and while he may be a political savant, he comes across as a wee bit unhinged...I found him to be not particularly convincing.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I watched the video but didn't catch the part where he said that Trump would win the popular vote. I do recall it noting that after the Bush/Gore vote that he changed to predicting the winner and not necessarily who got the most votes.
    But he uses a very simple formula. Unless he changed his formula of questions (and I don't think he did) then he cannot say that it was predicting one thing at one point and predicting another thing at another point.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    But he uses a very simple formula. Unless he changed his formula of questions (and I don't think he did) then he cannot say that it was predicting one thing at one point and predicting another thing at another point.
    I was wondering whether there is any correlation between "# of his factors won" and "decisiveness of victory." Presumably not, but if so then this will be a very tight race.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by swood1000 View Post
    Take a look at this article, for example: Progressives don’t love Joe Biden, but they’re learning to love his agenda. Do you disagree that the meaning of “progressive” in this article is the meaning of the word generally in the population, and that most people understand it as being synonymous with “liberal” or “left”?
    I do disagree with that meaning of the term progressive. It's not the historical (like over 200 years of history) meaning. I also believe that the vast majority of people have no idea what the term means. It is generally used more in the media than by everyday people. There is a reason that right leaning media do not demonize it. The target audience do not link it with the left. In your linked article from Fox, I do believe that Mrs. Biden is using it in the correct, traditional, and historical manner. As such, there is no contradiction.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I saw his video over at the NY Times, and while he may be a political savant, he comes across as a wee bit unhinged...I found him to be not particularly convincing.
    Not to mention his criteria are incredibly subjective. See the bolded below

Party Mandate: After the midterm elections, the incumbent party holds more seats in the U.S. House of Representatives than after the previous midterm elections.
    Contest: There is no serious contest for the incumbent party nomination.
    Incumbency: The incumbent party candidate is the sitting president.
    Third party: There is no significant third party or independent campaign.
    Short-term economy: The economy is not in recession during the election campaign.
    Long-term economy: Real per capita economic growth during the term equals or exceeds mean growth during the previous two terms.
    Policy change: The incumbent administration effects major changes in national policy.
    Social unrest: There is no sustained social unrest during the term.
    Scandal: The incumbent administration is untainted by major scandal.
    Foreign/military failure: The incumbent administration suffers no major failure in foreign or military affairs.
    Foreign/military success: The incumbent administration achieves a major success in foreign or military affairs.
    Incumbent (party) charisma: The incumbent party candidate is charismatic or a national hero.
    Challenger (party) charisma: The challenging party candidate is not charismatic or a national hero.

If the first rule of VP picks is "do no harm," then Karen Bass's ties to Cuba have to be just about disqualifying from a horse-race perspective.

Without passing any judgment on her actions or comments, sufficed to say if she's the VP nominee the Trump campaign will flood the Florida airwaves (and net...waves?) with this story. And it could be enough to sway Cuban-American voters--though the linked article from the AP does note some generational divide in the voting bloc, as well as some evidence that the die may already be cast for the older generation of Cuban-American voters.

But putting all other qualifications aside, if a VP pick would cause you to lose in Florida when you might otherwise have a strong chance of winning that state, it would be a huge strategic error to make her part of the ticket.

Giant Meteor.jpg

The way 2020 has been going, is it really that far-fetched?
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    Giant Meteor.jpg

This is the sort of biased post I can get behind.

Giant Meteor.jpg

Aren’t we saving that for a UNC/UK NCAA championship game?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    This is the sort of biased post I can get behind.
    I guess, if you really crouch down...but it looks pretty small.

Quote Originally Posted by Truth&Justise View Post
    I guess, if you really crouch down...but it looks pretty small.
    Surely you can’t be serious.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    Surely you can’t be serious.
    It’s an election thread. “I am serious...And don't call me Shirley.”

Partly Orlando, FL partly heard Sandpoint, ID
    I am feeling pretty good about my Picard/Riker election tee shirt right about now

Quote Originally Posted by Deslok View Post
    I am feeling pretty good about my Picard/Riker election tee shirt right about now
    How about a Palpatine/Vader shirt? Those are always stylish.

I still have my "Don't blame me. I voted for Perot" bumper sticker, but I'm not sure they were ever in style.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    How about a Palpatine/Vader shirt? Those are always stylish.

I still have my "Don't blame me. I voted for Perot" bumper sticker, but I'm not sure they were ever in style.
    "Don't blame me. I voted for Kodos." - Homer Simpson

Trump to ban TikTok in 45 days unless ...

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/06/polit...tok/index.html

Honestly this baffles me. Can someone explain how Trump thinks this can be good for him?
    I was listening to the radio station the other day and the host of the show said his daughter is 16 and wants to be able to vote now against Trump because of his threats against them. My own daughter who is 27 uses Tik Tok a lot. I don’t understand the strategy here...

“Microsoft said Sunday that it was pushing forward with talks to acquire the appfollowing a conversation between CEO Satya Nadella and the President. On Monday, Trump set September 15 as the deadline for TikTok to find a US buyer. Failing to do so, he said, would lead him to shut down the app in the country. In an unusual declaration, Trump also said any deal would have to include a "substantial amount of money" coming to the US Treasury”.
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

I think it’s fascinating that Trump said in a speech that “He is against God” when talking about Biden and it barely even registered in the news. The man claimed that a political opponent was AGAINST GOD.

Biden’s response
    Like so many people, my faith has been the bedrock foundation of my life: it's provided me comfort in moments of loss and tragedy, it's kept me grounded and humbled in times of triumph and joy. And in this moment of darkness for our country — of pain, of division, and of sickness for so many Americans — my faith has been a guiding light for me and a constant reminder of the fundamental dignity and humanity that God has bestowed upon all of us...For President Trump to attack my faith is shameful. It's beneath the office he holds and it's beneath the dignity the American people so rightly expect and deserve from their leaders