Page 1084 of 1306 FirstFirst ... 845849841034107410821083108410851086109411341184 ... LastLast
Results 21,661 to 21,680 of 26103
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    There are two unfortunate trends that I think hurt our current political climate.

The second is the idea that all sides share equal responsibility and blame for our current situation. That is also not true.
    I could not agree more. I think this idea that both sides are equally to blame is often (but not always) propagated by those who deep down know that their party has caused significantly more of the problems, but they’re trying to deflect attention away from that fact by figuratively throwing up their hands as if to say “What can you do? All politicians are bad, and the media on both sides is bad.”

Well, I say “No!” to that idea because it’s really not even close to being true. There are degrees of “bad”, and the bad has most certainly not been equal to both sides these past 20 years. Just my opinion, of course, but at least I am still free to express it.

Anyway, does anyone know what is the latest on Trump’s attempts to subvert the election? What’s his next move? I’m asking honestly, as I have consistently gotten more concise info from this board than from trying to scan the various news sources. Thanks, guys/gals.

I don’t think he’s got anything else. I think this is it. I think he goes to Mar a Lago at the end of December maybe for the holidays, and never comes back to Washington. He then pours all of the money people have donated to him into his legal defense fund.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    I could not agree more. I think this idea that both sides are equally to blame is often (but not always) propagated by those who deep down know that their party has caused significantly more of the problems, but they’re trying to deflect attention away from that fact by figuratively throwing up their hands as if to say “What can you do? All politicians are bad, and the media on both sides is bad.”

Well, I say “No!” to that idea because it’s really not even close to being true. There are degrees of “bad”, and the bad has most certainly not been equal to both sides these past 20 years. Just my opinion, of course, but at least I am still free to express it.

Anyway, does anyone know what is the latest on Trump’s attempts to subvert the election? What’s his next move? I’m asking honestly, as I have consistently gotten more concise info from this board than from trying to scan the various news sources. Thanks, guys/gals.
    I think there is a continued push to pull support from GA senate race unless those candidates express fake outrage at the election in GA. I think there is a continuous media blitz from Fox, Newsmax and OAN. I think a push to get faithless electors to cast their vote for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    I imagine it would be easy to get different answers to this question depending on whom you ask

A view of the Michigan delegation’s meeting with Trump from Republican State Senate leader Shirkey:

https://twitter.com/davideggert00/st...117187587?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    I don’t think he’s got anything else. I think this is it. I think he goes to Mar a Lago at the end of December maybe for the holidays, and never comes back to Washington. He then pours all of the money people have donated to him into his legal defense fund.
    I just made the mistake of doing one of my periodic reviews of Trump's tweets and he is still complaining. There are some really weird Randy Quaid retweets (I always picture the average MAGA rally attendee as being a like Cousin Eddie from Vacation so that totally makes sense). There are various rigged election tweets including one saying "Our big lawsuit, which spells out in great detail all of the ballot fraud and more, will soon be filled. RIGGED ELECTION!". And he just gave what was literally a one minute press briefing talking about the DJIA passing 30,000 and how that is a "sacred number" and how many times the market has hit new highs during his presidency. And, oh yeah, there was a two second reference to potential vaccines.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    I just made the mistake of doing one of my periodic reviews of Trump's tweets and he is still complaining. There are some really weird Randy Quaid retweets (I always picture the average MAGA rally attendee as being a like Cousin Eddie from Vacation so that totally makes sense). There are various rigged election tweets including one saying "Our big lawsuit, which spells out in great detail all of the ballot fraud and more, will soon be filled. RIGGED ELECTION!". And he just gave what was literally a one minute press briefing talking about the DJIA passing 30,000 and how that is a "sacred number" and how many times the market has hit new highs during his presidency. And, oh yeah, there was a two second reference to potential vaccines.
    Plus he pardoned a turkey. Always good to keep that pardon skill sharp.

(That Randy Quaid thing is beyond weird).

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Yeah, we have not seen the last of this type of politician I fear.

Meanwhile...POTUS just emailed me that if I send him $30, I get a FREE "Count All Legal Votes" t-shirt...
    You too can buy fast food for a starving Trump in the coming months.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/23/polit...ica/index.html

Should they choose to do so, Trump and his family members could draw salaries from Save America funds or direct its donors' money to his businesses by hosting PAC events at a Trump-owned properties.
    "This money could easily -- and legally -- end up in his own pocket in the coming years," Ryan said. And even after the long-shot legal challenges to the 2020 election end, Trump "could tease a 2024 run for years and continue milking his supporters for contributions to this slush fund," he added.
    I can’t see a penny going to the GA runoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Plus he pardoned a turkey. Always good to keep that pardon skill sharp.

(That Randy Quaid thing is beyond weird).
    See. Now I’m confused. I thought Corn and Cob were his elder sons’ nicknames.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    There are various rigged election tweets including one saying "Our big lawsuit, which spells out in great detail all of the ballot fraud and more, will soon be filled. RIGGED ELECTION!".
    Which comes first, the health care plan that has been ready for months, or the court filing?
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Check out the Randy Quaid video about Bette Midler. It’s an amazing performance piece. Unfortunately, he’s not acting.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Which comes first, the health care plan that has been ready for months, or the court filing?
    I was thinking you were referring to the optimism I felt that the incredible new health care plan that has been in the works for almost four years but remains top secret will, in addition to allowing you to FILL prescriptions, will allow you to FILL law suits.

And before I get remarks about being too anal about grammar, until 2016, every printed word released by POTUS (and most other senior government officials) was carefully edited for content, spelling, grammar and meaning for fear of potentially being misinterpreted and/or grammatically incorrect. Now, not so much. And to some people, this doesn't really matter. But for many, it does.

I was thinking you were referring to the optimism I felt that the incredible new health care plan that has been in the works for almost four years but remains top secret will, in addition to allowing you to FILL prescriptions, will allow you to FILL law suits.

And before I get remarks about being too anal about grammar, until 2016, every printed word released by POTUS (and most other senior government officials) was carefully edited for content, spelling, grammar and meaning for fear of potentially being misinterpreted and/or grammatically incorrect. Now, not so much. And to some people, this doesn't really matter. But for many, it does.
    Yeah, my Twitter response to that post this morning was — “filled with what?”

Frankly. I’m hoping it is a good creme or maybe a good fruit jam — not that crappy cherry parfait that you always randomly draw from the Whitman’s Sampler. That stuff sucks.

Yeah, my Twitter response to that post this morning was — “filled with what?”

Frankly. I’m hoping it is a good creme or maybe a good fruit jam — not that crappy cherry parfait that you always randomly draw from the Whitman’s Sampler. That stuff sucks.
    I think the judges seem to be ruling that many of the law suits have been full of _____...

And moments ago I got yet another Trump solicitation, imploring me to FIGHT BACK via the miracle of sending him money, to "protect the integrity of the election."

And moments ago I got yet another Trump solicitation, imploring me to FIGHT BACK via the miracle of sending him money, to "protect the integrity of the election."
    Funny, I was bombarded with these daily but have not gotten one in a few days. I wonder if they took Georgia residents off the mailing list temporarily given that it undermines the Senate turnout effort.

Funny, I was bombarded with these daily but have not gotten one in a few days. I wonder if they took Georgia residents off the mailing list temporarily given that it undermines the Senate turnout effort.
    Why they would think that a Vermont resident who has never given him a dime would be receptive to their charms is beyond me, but I've been getting about ten per day.

Why they would think that a Vermont resident who has never given him a dime would be receptive to their charms is beyond me, but I've been getting about ten per day.
    Some jokester probably signed you up for their mailing list.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I'm thinking we get his tax returns real soon now.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    I'm thinking we get his tax returns real soon now.
    One of the main reasons he’s desperate to remain president. He’s about to lose all of his power and the protections from the laws that govern you and me. And it scares the daylights out of him, as it should.