Page 1288 of 1306 FirstFirst ... 288788118812381278128612871288128912901298 ... LastLast
Results 25,741 to 25,760 of 26103
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I don't even know what to say about that.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

No surprise I guess — Fulton County D.A. moving closer to perhaps charging Trump for his phone call to the Georgia SOS:

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/sta...135201280?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    No surprise I guess — Fulton County D.A. moving closer to perhaps charging Trump for his phone call to the Georgia SOS:

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/sta...135201280?s=21
    Good. Hope he has upped his security detail.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Trust is hard to earn and easy to lose part III

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fox-news-...151550946.html

Down near the bottom of the article...

"And following the deadly insurrectionist Capitol riot—incited by the network’s most loyal viewer, President Donald Trump himself—Fox News has been trounced in the ratings by both CNN and MSNBC, marking the first time Fox finished third across all dayparts to those networks since September 2000.

In fact, since Dec. 28, despite the historical news cycle, Fox News’ total viewership is down 15 percent compared to this time a year ago, according to Nielsen data. By comparison, CNN is up an astonishing 150 percent and MSNBC has increased its audience by 89 percent over the previous year."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    And apparently they don’t even need/want Trump now and, feeling betrayed, are prepared to go on with or without him:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump...b62c0057bc11ab
    From that piece:

In online havens for MAGA extremists, including Gab, CloutHub, MeWe, Telegram and far-right message boards such as 8kun, the tone toward Trump is shifting...
    While this has hindered their ability to spread propaganda and enlist new recruits, their new social channels are subject to less scrutiny and have already exploded in reach. CloutHub, MeWe and Telegram shot to the top of the charts of popular free apps on the App Store and Google Play Store in the wake of the siege. Gab has also reported a massive surge in new users, with about 10,000 people signing up every hour.

In these spaces, HuffPost has observed calls to “burn down” the Capitol, launch “an armed revolt,” “pop some libtards” and “TAKE THIS COUNTRY BACK WHATEVER IT TAKES!!” Some posts are more specific: “Civil War is here. Group up locally. Take out the News stations,” one person declared. “LET’S HANG THEM ALL,” another implored. “LET’S FINISH THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY.”

There have always been isolated pockets who felt this way. The unintended consequence of social media technology has turned them from crazy uncles into a full fledged semi-organized movement. Trump is temporary but his power rode and stoked this emergent property of social media. But until the issue of “free speech vs policing social media” is solved this kind of potential and realized terrorist violence will continue to grow in both size and sophistication, Trump or no Trump.

Sorry to keep adding "Trust is hard to earn and easy to lose" links...but this is easier than a Zion Williamson dunk on a break-away.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/local-new...084952632.html

This is the top of the article...

"The demand for an investigation into Lauren Boebert gained traction after 68 elected officials from Colorado wrote to House speaker Nancy Pelosi, condemning the representative’s alleged association with “right-wing groups that supported the insurrection of Capitol Building."

Ms Boebert is the representative for Colorado's third congressional district in Congress.

“We have heard overwhelmingly from our constituents, therefore her constituents, that there is deep concern about her actions leading up to and during the protests that turned into a violent deadly mob," said the letter signed by officials, including mayors, county commissioners and town council members, reported the Steamboat Pilot & Today newspaper."

I'll stop now and go watch the golf tournament in Hawaii and wish I were there.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD83 View Post
    Trust is hard to earn and easy to lose part III

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fox-news-...151550946.html

Down near the bottom of the article...

"And following the deadly insurrectionist Capitol riot—incited by the network’s most loyal viewer, President Donald Trump himself—Fox News has been trounced in the ratings by both CNN and MSNBC, marking the first time Fox finished third across all dayparts to those networks since September 2000.

In fact, since Dec. 28, despite the historical news cycle, Fox News’ total viewership is down 15 percent compared to this time a year ago, according to Nielsen data. By comparison, CNN is up an astonishing 150 percent and MSNBC has increased its audience by 89 percent over the previous year."
    Fox News was a combination of right place, right time with undeniable PT Barnum style media genius. I think Republicans have to be very worried that they lose this unique, unifying voice and thereby lose the right's cohesiveness.

A fractured Republican party would give a boost to both Democrats and future populists.
    Last edited by Namtilal; 01-15-2021 at 08:07 PM. Reason: Hit post by mistake

So I read one last article and I just don't know what to say.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/gop-senat...223409231.html

"What I did not realize was all of the national conversation about states like Georgia, Pennsylvania, and Michigan, was seen as casting doubt on the validity of votes coming out of predominantly Black communities like Atlanta, Philadelphia, and Detroit," he (Langford) wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD83 View Post
    So I read one last article and I just don't know what to say.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/gop-senat...223409231.html

"What I did not realize was all of the national conversation about states like Georgia, Pennsylvania, and Michigan, was seen as casting doubt on the validity of votes coming out of predominantly Black communities like Atlanta, Philadelphia, and Detroit," he (Langford) wrote.
    Um, how does one not know this?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Um, how does one not know this?
    Um, how in the hell does one not know this?!?! It deserved a swear.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Another Ho-him day at the White House. Trump meets with the My Pillow Guy.

Wanna know what they discussed? photographers got a snap of his notes:

https://twitter.com/jabinbotsford/st...564905985?s=21

Close-up and a reporter’s attemp to transcribe the visible parts:

Attachment 12300
    If we can't trust the dude who made the official pillow of the National Sleep Association...and who started the National Sleep Association, who the hell can we trust?!?!

This is a crazy thread about Mr. Pillow today:

https://twitter.com/maggienyt/status...605813250?s=21

Tl;dr — he’s even too crazy for Trump apparently. What an odd story.

According to Pew, Trump’s approval rating has sunk below 30%.

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...apitol-assault

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Azar the latest Cabinet Secretary to resign.
    Another Profile in Courage. Only about another 100 hours to stick out.

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    We can take our time getting that 100 mark. I turn 50 on that same day.id prefer a few more days in my 40s.

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    I watched Azar get his integrity clock cleaned last night by Lester Holt on the NBC Evening News...nothing is his fault, no deception on the whole reserve supply thing, he's done a great job while states have bungled everything.

OK, What's Going On?

Here are Bloomberg's stats on COVID distribution and shots. There may be no federal reserve but only a fraction of doses distributed have been injected:

U.S. Vaccine Campaign
    Code:
    Jurisdiction 	Distributed 	Administered 	% shots used
    U.S. totals	31,161,075	12,962,550	41.6%
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Here are Bloomberg's stats on COVID distribution and shots. There may be no federal reserve but only a fraction of doses distributed have been injected:

U.S. Vaccine Campaign
    Code:
    My answer to this is that any new process is going to be difficult to implement because it is very difficult to pre-plan and that centralized approaches have the tendency to hamstring those on the ground who could operate more efficiently. Compound that by introducing a multi-layered bureaucratic process and things have the tendency to be subject to a layer of complexity which effectively acts as a headwind. Too long didn't read, it's new and we were going to screw it up.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post

U.S. Vaccine Campaign
    Code:
    It’s definitely a mess. In Vegas, population 2.3 million, we have just started opening up large vaccination sites with online appointments. Up until now, it’s only really been hospital workers for the most part. So while Vegas has had some stock, we’ve just been sitting on it like a bunch of idiots.

I have no clue why the federal government and the states did not have a plan for this. They knew it was coming. Epic failure. This should of hit the ground running from the very first week the vaccines started coming in.

who compiles those stats? Hopefully not the Feds..our guys are getting the vaccine out as quickly as they get it, which isn't very quick at all. Seventeen mass injection sites being set up, we can handle 4X what we're getting (8-9k does/week).