Page 1299 of 1306 FirstFirst ... 29979911991249128912971298129913001301 ... LastLast
Results 25,961 to 25,980 of 26103
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Too soon?

Anyway, two things I am watching in the next/last 26.25 hours of the Trump presidency.

1. Pardons -- close to 100 expected today. Most reporting is that he will not self-pardon, nor pardon his family or Rudy. That can always change and who knows how accurate reporting on such things is at present. (Will the Tiger King make the cut? He's been openly begging on Twitter for months).

2. Departure crowd size -- Trump is trying to get a huge crowd to see him off early tomorrow morning in the cold out at Andrews. Word is, RSVP's are pretty light. This is only intersting to watch for me in that Trump sees crowd size as a proxy for his popularity.

On other interesting news (to me at least) -- tomorrow afternoon/evening, Biden will be joined by Obama, W, and Clinton at Arlington to lay a wreath at the Tomb of The Unknown Soldier. I bet they will have an interesting conversation tomorrow to say the least.
    Combining your two points, since he is president until noon he could have made receiving pardons conditional on showing up for his departure. That would have been a good way to boost attendance.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Combining your two points, since he is president until noon he could have made receiving pardons conditional on showing up for his departure. That would have been a good way to boost attendance.
    LOL. "Must be present to claim prize."

Too soon?

Anyway, two things I am watching in the next/last 26.25 hours of the Trump presidency.

1. Pardons -- close to 100 expected today. Most reporting is that he will not self-pardon, nor pardon his family or Rudy. That can always change and who knows how accurate reporting on such things is at present. (Will the Tiger King make the cut? He's been openly begging on Twitter for months).

2. Departure crowd size -- Trump is trying to get a huge crowd to see him off early tomorrow morning in the cold out at Andrews. Word is, RSVP's are pretty light. This is only intersting to watch for me in that Trump sees crowd size as a proxy for his popularity.

On other interesting news (to me at least) -- tomorrow afternoon/evening, Biden will be joined by Obama, W, and Clinton at Arlington to lay a wreath at the Tomb of The Unknown Soldier. I bet they will have an interesting conversation tomorrow to say the least. Also, tomorrow morning, the Big Four will be joining Biden at a Catholic church service and AFAIK all intend to attend.
    I’d bet a dozen biscuits the ex-POTUSes have been in contact about how best to engage or not in the post-election mess quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I’d bet a dozen biscuits the ex-POTUSes have been in contact about how best to engage or not in the post-election mess quite a bit.
    I go back to the 2016 inauguration, when Trump was talking about American carnage. W leaned over to Michelle Obama at some point and whispered "That was some weird sh**."

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I won't take that bet because I think you are correct and I don't trust you to follow through with the delivery of proper biscuits. No one wants a turkey and granola biscuit. No one.

I go back to the 2016 inauguration, when Trump was talking about American carnage. W leaned over to Michelle Obama and whispered "That was some weird sh**."
    I love the relationship that W and Michelle Obama have so stinking much. I react to pictures of those to the way most people react to pictures of babies and pets. We are fairly close to me getting a full back tattoo of them greeting each other. I'm committed.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I love the relationship that W and Michelle Obama have so stinking much. I react to pictures of those to the way most people react to pictures of babies and pets. We are fairly close to me getting a full back tattoo of them greeting each other. I'm committed.
    Pro tip: don't get the tattoo in Juarez.

Not making that mistake again.

Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    This is why I think impeachment was a brilliant move. Trump’s address will likely be directed to Senators as well as his supporters. In fact everything he has said and done since the capital insurrection has been less Trumpy because of the teal treat of being convicted by the a Senate.
    ...and with Melania to offer fashion advice, I'm sure she's telling her husband that Teal will not look good on him at all. Avoid teal at all costs.

I won't take that bet because I think you are correct and I don't trust you to follow through with the delivery of proper biscuits. No one wants a turkey and granola biscuit. No one.
    You wouldn’t risk it for that biscuit?

Worth noting that Trump does not need a lot of legal document preparation to do a pardon. As one expert on CNN noted yesterday, he could decide to pardon his kids and write it on the back of a napkin in 15 seconds and it would be perfectly legal.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Worth noting that Trump does not need a lot of legal document preparation to do a pardon. As one expert on CNN noted yesterday, he could decide to pardon his kids and write it on the back of a napkin in 15 seconds and it would be perfectly legal.
    And it would be very on brand.

Could he tattoo it on OPK?

Greatest moment of GOP-Dem cooperation of the past decade...

-Jason "Laura always has the candy!" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    And it would be very on brand.
    Or he could just Tweet it.

Oh, wait . . . .

This has been a great thread to keep my sanity and I am glad it will be closed in less than 30 hours.

There has been a lot of back and forth and disagreement. So, could Jason (or the other moderators) offer pardons to everyone who has ever said anything controversial on this thread? That way we can go back to talking about basketball with no ill feelings toward one another except GTHC (do I need to define this acronym?).

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Could he tattoo it on OPK?
    If he can find the space, he's welcome to it.

I make Post Malone look like an amateur.

pardons

Exactly, Jason. And, Trump is under no legal obligation to make all of his pardons public. For example, he can preemptively pardon his children. Any pardon(s) can remain secret until (if) the grantee is charged with a federal crime.

If he can find the space, he's welcome to it.

I make Post Malone look like an amateur.
    An "I pardon Tiger King. Signed, Donald J Trump" tramp stamp would be a good look for you.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD83 View Post
    This has been a great thread to keep my sanity and I am glad it will be closed in less than 30 hours.

There has been a lot of back and forth and disagreement. So, could Jason (or the other moderators) offer pardons to everyone who has ever said anything controversial on this thread? That way we can go back to talking about basketball with no ill feelings toward one another except GTHC (do I need to define this acronym?).
    Ooooh, that's interesting...