Page 1206 of 1306 FirstFirst ... 2067061106115611961204120512061207120812161256 ... LastLast
Results 24,101 to 24,120 of 26103
    Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Mrs -jk is in her office at the Senate today. We're crossing our fingers!

-jk
    I really really hope she is ok

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Tear gas has been used in the building.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by dukebluesincebirth View Post
    The Capitol police can't stop protesters from entering the Capitol?? What are they there for?
    They lose the numbers game, big time.

Quote Originally Posted by mkirsh View Post
    Me too. This, to me, is an 8. 10 is not beyond possibility.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

This could go sideways really quick. Hope cooler heads prevail.

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Is Merrick Garland that man? I honestly don't know.
    I pray that he is, but he’s not going to be AG fit at least 15 days.

Trump needs to be sanctioned before then.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    They obviously weren't prepared for this, but I suspect the Capital Police would have been incapable of managing this on their own with any preparation. Will be interesting to see what other agencies are able to provide support.
    How in the world were they not prepared? I could see this coming from 2,687 miles away.
    Carolina delenda est

Trump just tweeted a call for peace. "Please support our Capitol Police and Law Enforcement. They are truly on side of our Country. Stay Peaceful."

I guess he wants everyone to think he'd shoot someone on 5th avenue, not for it to actually happen. I'm sure many here feel the absolute rage at seeing something like this now after the last 4 years of his rhetoric.

Kitzinger just tweeted what the world knows: This is a coup attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    And Arizona objects.
    And for today that seems pedestrian.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Trump just tweeted a call for peace. "Please support our Capitol Police and Law Enforcement. They are truly on side of our Country. Stay Peaceful."

I guess he wants everyone to think he'd shoot someone on 5th avenue, not for it to actually happen. I'm sure many here feel the absolute rage at seeing something like this now after the last 4 years of his rhetoric.

That’s not enough from Trump. He needs to do/say more.

I would assume they're doing everything they can to de-escalate and they have plenty of force if need to use it.
    Disagree on plenty of force. Riots/protests frequently go on for days because there truly isn’t sufficient force to stop riots/protests without killing people.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    Disagree on plenty of force. Riots/protests frequently go on for days because there truly isn’t sufficient force to stop riots/protests without killing people.
    This is going rapidly in the direction of people being killed.
    Carolina delenda est

It didn't start today.

I can think of a lot of people who ought to steer clear of 5th Avenue for awhile.

Trump used the word "peaceful" during his speech earlier as a CYA for himself - he is incredibly talented at using language such that he can claim that he is not at fault for anything.

I'm sure those protesting are all "very fine people." And of course this is not nearly as bad as the protests this summer. I will go no further.

Quote Originally Posted by mkirsh View Post
    So far, so good. Sheltering in a locked file room in a locked office suite.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    This is going rapidly in the direction of people being killed.
    It'll be a miracle if this de-escalates successfully without massive violence. I'm hoping for that miracle.

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    How in the world were they not prepared? I could see this coming from 2,687 miles away.
    THANK YOU!!! Exactly my point. Absolutely unacceptable that these people would be anywhere near the Capitol, especially on this day. This is an inside job.

Quote Originally Posted by cspan37421 View Post
    It didn't start today.

I can think of a lot of people who ought to steer clear of 5th Avenue for awhile.
    My wife crossed 5th Avenue this morning on her way to a doctor's appointment, not too far from Trump Tower. Safely knowing that he was in DC.

I just turned on my TV to see what is happening and they are doing a test of the emergency alert system for New York City. Very odd timing.

Some reports that some people have broken into the Chamber itself, not just the building. House is being guarded at gunpoint.

Occupy Washington