Page 492 of 1306 FirstFirst ... 392442482490491492493494502542592992 ... LastLast
Results 9,821 to 9,840 of 26103
    The President seems to be gradually coming around on masks, saying that he is ok with wearing one and that it makes him look like the Lone Ranger. If that is what will get people to wear a mask, then hi ho silver away! (Though I think a Lone Ranger reference is about as timely as Biden's record player reference last fall that he got criticized for as being dated...)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...it/ar-BB16fVYH

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    (Though I think a Lone Ranger reference is about as timely as Biden's record player reference last fall that he got criticized for as being dated...)]
    Joe knows digital sucks and vinyl rules!

Very glad to hear the other ole’ timer is finally waking up!

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    The President seems to be gradually coming around on masks, saying that he is ok with wearing one and that it makes him look like the Lone Ranger. If that is what will get people to wear a mask, then hi ho silver away! (Though I think a Lone Ranger reference is about as timely as Biden's record player reference last fall that he got criticized for as being dated...)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...it/ar-BB16fVYH
    MW-IJ711_lonera_20200701191003_ZQ.jpg

How exactly is he wearing his mask?

Quote Originally Posted by Truth&Justise View Post

Like a raccoon I'd say.

As far as Trump and masks, yeah, he's beginning to change his tune a wee bit, but he's still about ten huge steps away from a ringing endorsement, which I think will be required to move the national needle. Does he have that in him?

Beat me to it. My stepson texted me "I think he's wearing it wrong".

Props for quick on the trigger. (Yes, I know that's the wrong horse ) But that was exactly my thought upon hearing the quote last night. Lone Ranger isn't exactly the best example.
    Coach K on Kyle Singler - "What position does he play? ... He plays winner."

"Duke is never the underdog" - Quinn Cook

Be like Zion... wear a mask.

Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Be like Zion... wear a mask.

I wear a mask, but unfortunately am otherwise not very much like Zion.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke79UNLV77 View Post
    I wear a mask, but unfortunately am otherwise not very much like Zion.
    Really? Looking at that picture is like looking in the mirror for me!

Found this article very interesting, on what goes into making a campaign ad and figuring out what works. As you might expect, it comes down to dinner table and pocketbook issues, not just attack ads. You've got to make a connection. But by far my favorite quote was the need for "more Biden cowbell".

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...88a?li=BBnb7Kz

That might make an interesting thread: What is your most iconic SNL skit? Not personality or character, what 5 minutes is indelibly imprinted on your mind, or your opinion of the public's mind. So it may not be your favorite, but most indelible.

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Found this article very interesting, on what goes into making a campaign ad and figuring out what works. As you might expect, it comes down to dinner table and pocketbook issues, not just attack ads. You've got to make a connection. But by far my favorite quote was the need for "more Biden cowbell".

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...88a?li=BBnb7Kz

That might make an interesting thread: What is your most iconic SNL skit? Not personality or character, what 5 minutes is indelibly imprinted on your mind, or your opinion of the public's mind. So it may not be your favorite, but most indelible.
    Anything with Kate McKinnon.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Me too. The whites of our eyes match exactly!

Matt Foley, motivational speaker - and watching David Spade and (Christina Applegate?) try not to crack up as Chris Farley does what he does best.

on topic, and basically pulling this out of my ... back pocket:

I read that article quoted by dudog84 earlier today and I did make me think that one way Biden could connect with Bernie's young supporters is through humor. In 2016 I believe it was the case that the young vote didn't really show up much. On top of that, there may have been a backfire effect with the strategy of portraying Trump as wholly unsuited to the job, coming across as scolding. The article seemed to recognize that it might be more effective to connect those claims to real-world outcomes. Of course, right now is a good time to do that. But also, a bit of humor might kick start their interest & involvement. I believe I saw a Biden 2020 sign somewhere that had a tag line, "He won't inject you with bleach". A little humor like that might get their point across in a non-scolding way - and some people might be receptive to it.

These people are serious. Well, I guess if the Ds can run Oprah Winfrey in 2024...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...XUX?li=BBnb7Kz

What is with our national obsession with celebrity? I post this in the 2020 thread because there is quite a bit of talk in the article about the mindset of many Rs today. And it says of Tucker, "he articulates unapologetically and with some snark." Sounds like some people around here. He wouldn't last long before getting a timeout.

4 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    You were at the Fun House?

These people are serious. Well, I guess if the Ds can run Oprah Winfrey in 2024...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...XUX?li=BBnb7Kz

What is with our national obsession with celebrity? I post this in the 2020 thread because there is quite a bit of talk in the article about the mindset of many Rs today. And it says of Tucker, "he articulates unapologetically and with some snark." Sounds like some people around here. He wouldn't last long before getting a timeout.
    Tucker doesn't play favorites. He's been quick to dismiss Trump as well as Democrats. The article says he probably won't run in 2024 because "he's so disgusted with politicians" he sounds like I feel.

From the new Monmouth (A+ rating from 538) poll (https://www.monmouth.edu/polling-ins...us_070220.pdf/). The poll finds Biden up 12, which is not inconsistent with a lot of recent polls, but I am just flabbergasted by the age breakdown. Check this out:

18-34:
    Biden 54% (+19)
    Trump 35%

35-49:
    Biden 54% (+14)
    Trump 40%

50-64:
    Biden 49% (+5)
    Trump 44%

65+:
    Biden 59% (+21)
    Trump 38%

Biden does best among the over 65 set. Those are typically GOP voters. Trump won older voters by 53-44** over Hillary, his best age demographic. And now they are his worst.

-Jason "Trump's less than robust response to Covid is absolutely killing him with older voters... this is such a wretched unforced error... wow" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

-Jason "Trump's less than robust response to Covid is absolutely killing him with older voters... this is such a wretched unforced error... wow" Evans
    Freudian slip?

From the new Monmouth (A+ rating from 538) poll (https://www.monmouth.edu/polling-ins...us_070220.pdf/). The poll finds Biden up 12, which is not inconsistent with a lot of recent polls, but I am just flabbergasted by the age breakdown. Check this out:

18-34:
    Biden 54% (+19)
    Trump 35%

35-49:
    Biden 54% (+14)
    Trump 40%

50-64:
    Biden 49% (+5)
    Trump 44%

65+:
    Biden 59% (+21)
    Trump 38%

Biden does best among the over 65 set. Those are typically GOP voters. Trump won older voters by 53-44** over Hillary, his best age demographic. And now they are his worst.

When I mention the latest polling numbers to some of my Republican friends, they dismiss those results. They go back to the 2016 race when Hillary was ahead in most polls. I tell them Trump wasn't behind this much and he's not running against the Clintons this time. Joe doesn't have the baggage Hillary had.