Page 1256 of 1306 FirstFirst ... 256756115612061246125412551256125712581266 ... LastLast
Results 25,101 to 25,120 of 26103
    Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post

What are the chances that those participating in the insurrection are charged with murder? Like the felon who participates in the bank robbery, and his buddy kills someone but he is charged as well? The argument "Nobody was supposed to get hurt" doesn't get very far.

Also, regarding those arrested, will naming names of other participants get them lighter sentences? The "smarter" ones on Wednesday kept their masks on and will be more difficult to identify.
    There is a common law concept known as “felony murder” where a co-conspirator can be charged with murder. If you and I plan to rob a liquor store, and you’re sitting in the car when I go in, if I get in a scuffle with the clerk and kill him you could be charged with felony murder even though it was not part of the plan and you were in the car.

Having said that, it’s unlikely here for a number of reasons I think. And I’m going from memory back in law school which was many many moons ago.

As far as giving up names, there is an old adage that “the first to squeal gets the deal.” But it usually requires turning over someone further up the chain, or giving an unusual amount of help.

I have only tried a few criminal cases though, usually against my will. So there are others who have better info here I bet.

Seen on the tweeter:

“I just pushed my grandmother down the basement steps. My parents want to call the cops on me, but I don't know how that would unify this family.”

I post this in part because of reports that impeachment proceedings appear to be moving full steam ahead, unless Veep invokes the 25th by Tuesday.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    This might piss Trump off as much as Twitter. The company Stripe is going to stop processing Trump website payments. As exceptional as these circumstances are, it is amazing to see the walls closing in around Trump forcing him in one direction and one direction only --- OUT.

Stripe Inc. will no longer process payments for President Trump’s campaign website following last week’s riot at the Capitol, according to people familiar with the matter.

The financial-technology company handles card payments for millions of online businesses and e-commerce platforms, including Mr. Trump’s campaign website and online fundraising apparatus. Stripe is cutting off the president’s campaign account for violating its policies against encouraging violence, the people said.

Stripe asks users to agree that they won’t accept payments for “high risk” activities, including for any business or organization that “engages in, encourages, promotes or celebrates unlawful violence or physical harm to persons or property,” according to its website.
    Per reports, the PGA is gonna take away the 2022 PGA Championship from Trump National Bedminster as soon as he leaves office. He has lost his online merch platform. He lost the realtor that was trying to sell his D.C. hotel. He lost his Twitter platform. The financial fallout from this will be huge.

Which, of course, is how to hurt Trump the most.

Between legal and business tidal waves coming his way, it will be a rocky 2021 for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Per reports, the PGA is gonna take away the 2022 PGA Championship from Trump National Bedminster as soon as he leaves office. He has lost his online merch platform. He lost the realtor that was trying to sell his D.C. hotel. He lost his Twitter platform. The financial fallout from this will be huge.

Between legal and business tidal waves coming his way, it will be a rocky 2021 for Trump.
    But there’s always Goya.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    But there’s always Goya.
    Lol, I forgot about that.

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    Idaho man who stormed US Capitol building: 'I got caught up in the moment'‘

https://komonews.com/news/local/idaho-man-who-stormed-us-capitol-building-i-got-caught-up-in-the-moment

I’m sure we can all relate to this. Who among has not done something similar?
    Yeah. I was once an Allied prisoner playing soccer against Nazi guards, and at the most important part of the match, we escaped when the crowd rushed the field. No...wait. That is the plot of the 1981 movie Escape to Victory with Pelé and Sly Stallone. So no, I have in fact never been caught up in the moment and stormed anything. My bad.

But there’s always Goya.
    My Pillow appears to be doubling down...

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post

9FxicuUw_400x400.jpg
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    I know I'm not alone in wondering how long Melania hangs in there.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

https://komonews.com/news/local/idah...-in-the-moment

I think your post needs more explanation. Are you making excuses for these people, or trying to make another point?

I think your post needs more explanation. Are you making excuses for these people, or trying to make another point?
    I took it as sarcasm.

I won’t speak for MChambers, but I may suggest that the sarcasm filter needs some calibration.

https://komonews.com/news/local/idah...-in-the-moment

I tried to stop at just one potato chip once. It got out of hand pretty quickly though.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I know I'm not alone in wondering how long Melania hangs in there.
    I don't know, Secret Service protection for life is pretty valuable. She'll be on the taxpayer dime for decades.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I took it as sarcasm.
    AHA!!! Emojis, please!

AHA!!! Emojis, please!
    68C46B54-2387-4C56-91EE-8BA743C88ADF.jpg

I won’t speak for MChambers, but I may suggest that the sarcasm filter needs some calibration.
    I assumed sarcasm. I enjoyed typing out my reply. Haven't thought of that movie in years. Despite it having the inimitable Max von Sydow.

https://komonews.com/news/local/idaho-man-who-stormed-us-capitol-building-i-got-caught-up-in-the-moment

I think there is a difference between burning benches when we are not allowed (97 & 98) and over throwing the government.

I don't know, Secret Service protection for life is pretty valuable. She'll be on the taxpayer dime for decades.
    Wouldn't she get the same protection as Trump's ex-wife?

Damn. Genius.