Page 148 of 1306 FirstFirst ... 48981381461471481491501581982486481148 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,960 of 26103
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...s?srnd=premium

Second thoughts appear to be not going higher on tariffs. Perhaps doing it faster? My interprettion without having read much more than the headline is that the election creates a timing issue that may have been misjudged. Likely the final goal is still the same. In other words, the Navarro/Lighthizer crowd reassertjng themselves after yesterday's comments.
    I once had a boss with a similar trait, i.e. his position was the same as that of the last person he spoke to. I suspect you're right and those two re-aligned things, at least for the moment...but there is clearly more than a seed of doubt, and I remain confident that victory will be declared, though perhaps not for a few more months.

Sure sounds like Walsh is ready to announce a primary challenge to Trump:

https://twitter.com/walshfreedom/sta...895315456?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Sure sounds like Walsh is ready to announce a primary challenge to Trump:

https://twitter.com/walshfreedom/sta...895315456?s=21
    Soooooo, how did the guy that said, "On November 8th, I'm voting for Trump. On November 9th, if Trump loses, I'm grabbing my musket. You in?" go from that to to maybe primary-ing Trump?

He's got an interesting background, I'll give him that. He worked with inner city Chicago youth early in his career doing social work before becoming a Tea Party darling. I'm not saying those two things are incompatible but they are unusual.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Soooooo, how did the guy that said, "On November 8th, I'm voting for Trump. On November 9th, if Trump loses, I'm grabbing my musket. You in?" go from that to to maybe primary-ing Trump?

He's got an interesting background, I'll give him that. He worked with inner city Chicago youth early in his career doing social work before becoming a Tea Party darling. I'm not saying those two things are incompatible but they are unusual.
    Life’s been good to him so far

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post

As for the first part, he (like Scaramucci and others) have repented and apologized. Take that for what it is worth.

Agree on the second part.

A challenge from the right of Trump would be much more difficult for Trump to deflect than from the Bill Welds of the world it seems to me. Even though it would have little to no chance of success, it would be interesting to watch. Let’s see if the Emperor is wearing clothes or not.

Quote Originally Posted by SueAxe View Post
    The Dems are a minority in the Senate. If they take the Senate it
    is a different ballgame. After McConnell refused to five Harland
    a hearing, the rules have changed. Impeachment
    proceedings might cause Thomas to step down to avoid
    embarrassment, which would be the point of doing it. Wise not to underestimate the anger over McConnell’s power play
    Have to disagree with you here. McConnell did his thing in 2016 and the Rs won the White House. R voters clearly "get" the Supreme Court, D voters not at all. I always think the next ruling will make them understand but it never does. Bush v. Gore didn't, Citizens United didn't, they just don't learn.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Trump's camp replies to Walsh running.

Asked to respond to Walsh's criticism of the president and decision to run, Trump's spokesman replied, "Whatever."
    Ha!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/1-joe-wal...133057033.html
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

There will be state GOP leadership groups that will elect not to have a primary and pledge all their delegates to Trump. Will be interesting to see if that results in some kind of court battle.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    There will be state GOP leadership groups that will elect not to have a primary and pledge all their delegates to Trump. Will be interesting to see if that results in some kind of court battle.
    I suspect you're right, but that just reeks of unconstitutionality.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I suspect you're right, but that just reeks of unconstitutionality.
    Really? I don't think there is any mention of political parties in the constitution.

Walsh announcement video. This will add some spice to the gumbo:

https://twitter.com/walshfreedom/sta...655551489?s=21

The question will be whether he can get some momentum going. This could be a real problem for Trump — a challenge from someone firmly rising from the base itself.

Quote Originally Posted by howardlander View Post
    Really? I don't think there is any mention of political parties in the constitution.
    Denying the public the option to choose a different candidate does not seem constitutional to me. As JE said, I would expect court cases to make that point.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    This will add some spice to the gumbo
    Yes, it will!
    Bob Green

I found an article in the NY Post (where I sometimes check for NY Giants stories) which is generally a very Trump friendly paper, owned by Rupert...their reporter Nikki Schwab states that the question about whether Trump was re-thinking his China trade policy was asked in three different ways to ensure that the question was clear to him...thereby casting doubt on the assertion by aides subsequently that he did not understand the question...

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Have to disagree with you here. McConnell did his thing in 2016 and the Rs won the White House. R voters clearly "get" the Supreme Court, D voters not at all. I always think the next ruling will make them understand but it never does. Bush v. Gore didn't, Citizens United didn't, they just don't learn.
    I don‘t disagree that that has been the pattern. But I do see things changing and more involvement from the younger folks. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Denying the public the option to choose a different candidate does not seem constitutional to me. As JE said, I would expect court cases to make that point.
    I believe that the Constitution does not deal with political parties, let alone how to pick the nominee for each party. The fact that something seems unfair or unwise does not make it unconstitutional. any court case will likely fail.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I suppose that depends on the state party rules. If it's allowed within the rules, I can't see a court battle being successful.

That said, I think it puts the GOP in a VERY VERY BAD LIGHT. There will be no disagreement. There will be no alternative. The party will pick your candidate and you the voters will deal with it. Not a good look at all for a party trying to cast their opponents as communists.

The election is over. If Trump stops hurricanes from hitting the U.S., he'll carry every Atlantic Coast state:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...Fxv?li=BBnbfcL

Okay, enough nonsense. I've been brushed by a few hurricanes. They're a pain in the butt, but I'll take them over a radiation spewing storm any day.

The election is over. If Trump stops hurricanes from hitting the U.S., he'll carry every Atlantic Coast state:

Okay, enough nonsense. I've been brushed by a few hurricanes. They're a pain in the butt, but I'll take them over a radiation spewing storm any day.
    This is why The Onion has lost market share...

A radioactive hurricane would be a huge covfefe.