Page 806 of 1306 FirstFirst ... 306706756796804805806807808816856906 ... LastLast
Results 16,101 to 16,120 of 26103
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    I have been getting constant e-mails from Biden Victory Fund - they seem like they are coming from a specific person (I have gotten a lot from Jaime Harrison even though I don't live in SC, also Biden, Tom Perez, etc.). For various reasons I do not donate to politicians so I'm not sure how I got on this list. Anyway, I just got one from them that is made to look like it is from Madeleine Albright titled "I want to meet you, CrazyNotCrazie*, and so does Hillary Clinton." If I donate $7, I will be entered in a drawing to join them at a special event.

Interesting that they seem to be activating Hillary. I don't know how much they know about me but most everything about me would identify me as someone who strongly supported Hillary in 2016, so I don't know how widely this was sent. Because despite the narrative of Hillary being a polarizing candidate, there were a lot of people out there who were extremely enthusiastic about her. Though many of those who strongly supported her are still bitter at her for how she handled the campaign and screwing things up so might not like her as much now as they did in 2016.

*Note that if they really had addressed me by my DBR name that would be the final proof that I spend too much time here...
    OPK told me he signed you up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    Saw this story referenced in the NYT, and had noticed it yesterday... for the music lovers:

https://twitter.com/John_Fogerty/sta...trump-vs-biden

So the Trump campaign has been playing CCR's "Fortunate Son" at their events... a song written about draft dodging, tax evading sons of rich guys.

No idea why on earth the campaign would use it, but they do.

And now Fogerty has apparently issued a cease and desist.

Not sure if the "Law and Order" President will acknowledge the cease and desist or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    That song is constantly misused as some kind of patriotic anthem. It is like the primary example of that happening.
    The Boss probably wants in on that conversation too.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    My wolfpack friend, I think you meant to say:

The problem is that Trump has spent the last 4 years making everyone but his base unhappy. He's also spent time shrinking his base. At this point many folks voting for Biden are voting Biden simply to get rid of Trump. If the scandal is that horrible, I'm sure the Republicans will start impeachment hearings.
    He was trying to build plausible deniability...

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    “I think Joe Biden has a scandal coming up that will make him almost an impotent candidate,” he said. “This scandal is so big. And the only thing he has going is he has a corrupt press who will not write about it.”
    No idea what he is talking about (I'm assuming, if true, he has been fed info a-la wikileaks in 2016) but I don't expect anything to move anything at this point. One, it's way too late. Two, nobody on his campaign bothered to pay attention to how Cal Cunningham's infidelity scandal knocked him out of the senate race.
    Oh wait, I mean increased his lead. Right now, voters don't care so much. Their minds are made up and they are not going to change.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    No idea what he is talking about (I'm assuming, if true, he has been fed info a-la wikileaks in 2016) but I don't expect anything to move anything at this point. One, it's way too late. Two, nobody on his campaign bothered to pay attention to how Cal Cunningham's infidelity scandal knocked him out of the senate race.
    Oh wait, I mean increased his lead. Right now, voters don't care so much. Their minds are made up and they are not going to change.
    That's the impression I get. I think the only thing they can hope for is dominating the headlines, and generating some negative press... I don't think it will do much to move any needles.

I've been interested to see the medias self control on the Hunter Biden story. It is rare to see, at this level and to this extent.

That's the impression I get. I think the only thing they can hope for is dominating the headlines, and generating some negative press... I don't think it will do much to move any needles.

I've been interested to see the medias self control on the Hunter Biden story. It is rare to see, at this level and to this extent.
    Wouldn't it be nice if the media waited until there was a fully sourced and verified "story" before reporting it. What a novel idea! I can't wait until libel laws start being enforced again. Unfortunately, the media is in a giant race to generate clicks so practices the ready, fire, aim form of journalism, and there are two different versions of the truth - one that largely existed for the first 200+ years of this country's existence, and another one.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    OPK told me he signed you up.
    Damnit, Clem, I told you that was just between us!

My wolfpack friend, I think you meant to say:

The problem is that Trump has spent the last 4 years making everyone but his base unhappy. He's also spent time shrinking his base. At this point many folks voting for Biden are voting Biden simply to get rid of Trump. If the scandal is that horrible, I'm sure the Republicans will start impeachment hearings.
    Oh dear me...the only incorrect correction is I did mean to say Democrats. A bit of snark thrown in there intentionally.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

I read a report today (can't find link at moment) about how the NY Post reporter who wrote it refused to have his byline included since he was not faithful that the story itself was true. It was pushed by the editors, and looked upon with disdain by the writers.

Edit..found the link. Unfortunately it is by the Times, so it is paywalled. (Try in a different browser, maybe will work sans cookies.)

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/18/b...ter-biden.html
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

I read a report today (can't find link at moment) about how the NY Post reporter who wrote it refused to have his byline included since he was not faithful that the story itself was true. It was pushed by the editors, and looked upon with disdain by the writers.

Edit..found the link. Unfortunately it is by the Times, so it is paywalled. (Try in a different browser, maybe will work sans cookies.)

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/18/b...ter-biden.html
    yep, several reporters withheld their bylines from that...not sure if Putin got a byline or not

...I know several doctors who ...are voting for Trump because they are more worried about Biden changing healthcare (and possibly hurting their paychecks) and taxes. ...
    As a long-time practicing member of the absolute lowest paying subspecialty on the planet (actually, people in my subspecialty get paid less than any practicing physicians in any primary care OR specialty practice, period), I can only HOPE that Biden upsets the apple cart. It can only benefit me!
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Quote Originally Posted by AustinDevil View Post
    This is all decent analysis, but you omit the single biggest thing: Comey broke all relevant policies to announce the reopening of the Clinton email investigation on October 28, 2016, exactly 12 days before the election.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...-the-election/
    It's not just that -- He said that there were Hillary emails with classified information on Anthony Weiner's computer, which emerged in the criminal investigations involving the former congressman. Pretty hard for that tidbit to slide past unnoticed.

Anyway, I agree that Biden doesn't need help from Hillary except in a very few places. The "sell-by date" for the Clintons was many years ago.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    yep, several reporters withheld their bylines from that...not sure if Putin got a byline or not
    Even worse, the writer how did get the byline didn’t know until after it was published. The editors just put the names on the story.

Retiring GOP Senator Lamar Alexander responds to Trump attacking Fauci...

“Dr. Fauci is one of our country’s most distinguished public servants. He has served 6 presidents, starting with Ronald Reagan. If more Americans paid attention to his advice, we’d have fewer cases of COVID-19, & it would be safer to go back to school & back to work & out to eat.“

https://twitter.com/SenAlexander/sta...59834437906439

Meanwhile, President Trump keeps attacking Fauci, and “exposes” one of the main reasons I shake my head at him...

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...52740431155200

The fact that he struggles with basic written English is SUCH an affront to me. Exposing? Do you mean ESPOUSING?! I hate his improper grammar and terrible spelling... there is a certain level of intelligence and basic ability with language that should be a requirement of being President, and Trump does not have it.

The Trump campaign is now complaining about the topics chosen for Thursday's debate - they want the emphasis to be fully on foreign policy, stating that this is how it has always been done. If "foreign policy" was not meant as another way to say "Hunter Biden" I think people might be more understanding. One of the six topics is "national security" which I would interpret as basically being foreign policy.

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...-debate-topics

Trump really has no leverage here and I don't think the American public will feel sympathy for him on this. He never got the memo on "you catch more flies with honey." Some people see this as strength, others see it as being a childish bully. The best thing that could happen to Biden is for Trump to bail. The commission was discussing the revised rules today - we'll see what they are and what kind of a reaction they generate. If I were Biden and Trump starts going on a monologue about Hunter, I would just say "I thought we were here to discuss policy, not our families," hold up a sign with the current COVID death toll, mic drop and walk off the stage.

The Trump campaign is now complaining about the topics chosen for Thursday's debate - they want the emphasis to be fully on foreign policy, stating that this is how it has always been done. If "foreign policy" was not meant as another way to say "Hunter Biden" I think people might be more understanding. One of the six topics is "national security" which I would interpret as basically being foreign policy.

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...-debate-topics

Trump really has no leverage here and I don't think the American public will feel sympathy for him on this. He never got the memo on "you catch more flies with honey." Some people see this as strength, others see it as being a childish bully. The best thing that could happen to Biden is for Trump to bail. The commission was discussing the revised rules today - we'll see what they are and what kind of a reaction they generate. If I were Biden and Trump starts going on a monologue about Hunter, I would just say "I thought we were here to discuss policy, not our families," hold up a sign with the current COVID death toll, mic drop and walk off the stage.
    He's bashed the moderator today, calling her "Terrible and unfair". Might as well attack the rest of the debate while you're at it.

PS...do NOT include "Hunter Biden" in your debate drinking game. You'll be dead by 9:30.

He's bashed the moderator today
    Did he get sent on vacation?

Significant blow to the GOP in terms of stopping votes from being counted. The Supremes have weighed in.

https://www.npr.org/2020/10/19/92241...r-election-day

The U.S. Supreme Court said Monday that election officials in Pennsylvania can count absentee ballots received as late as the Friday after Election Day so long as they are postmarked by Nov. 3.

The Court declined without comment to take up one of the highest-profile election law cases in the final stretch before Election. Pennsylvania Republicans had sought to block the counting of late-arriving ballots, which the state's Supreme Court had approved last month.

Republicans sought the emergency stay, arguing that it is up to the state's legislature — not the court — to set rules for how elections are conducted. They also said the court's ruling could allow ballots cast after Election Day to be counted.

The Court's most conservative justices, Samuel Alito, Neil Gorsuch, Brett Kavanaugh and Clarence Thomas said they would have agreed to the stay request. But Chief Justice John Roberts joined the Court's three most liberal member to reject the request.
    The 4-4 ruling means we revert to the lower court ruling (in this case the Penn Supreme Court). It is rulings like this that have the GOP foaming at the mouth to get ACB on the court so there are no more 4-4 votes.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Presidential debate commission says there will be muted mikes at this week's debate. Trump cannot be happy about that.

https://deadline.com/2020/10/donald-...es-1234600075/

To stop the dumpster fire lit by the constantly interrupting ex-Celebrity Apprentice host at the first meet-up between the candidates back on September 29, the Commission on Presidential Debates revealed today that they are going to turn off one contender’s microphone while the other speaks on Thursday in Nashville … all of which puts Trump’s already argumentative participation at likely risk just two weeks before Election Day.

“Under the agreed upon debate rules, each candidate is to have two minutes of uninterrupted time to make remarks at the beginning of each 15-minute segment of the debate,” the CPS said on Monday evening after a day of meetings on possible rule changes. “These remarks are to be followed by a period of open discussion.”

“Both campaigns this week again reaffirmed their agreement to the two-minute, uninterrupted rule,” the bi-partisan group added. “The Commission is announcing today that in order to enforce this agreed upon rule, the only candidate whose microphone will be open during these two-minute periods is the candidate who has the floor under the rules. For the balance of each segment, which by design is intended to be dedicated to open discussion, both candidates’ microphones will be open.”
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Presidential debate commission says there will be muted mikes at this week's debate. Trump cannot be happy about that.

https://deadline.com/2020/10/donald-...es-1234600075/
    Based on fallout from the last debate they are probably doing him a favor