Page 1290 of 1306 FirstFirst ... 290790119012401280128812891290129112921300 ... LastLast
Results 25,781 to 25,800 of 26103
    Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Here are the Bloomberg data I suspect the answer is in "the pipeline." This is a fairly complex distribution system -- with a number of stages. But the good news is that while there will always be doses in transit and at distribution centers, the number of shots per day will catch up with the number of doses produced per day.

-JK: Maryland is way down the list

Code:
    % shots used	Jurisdiction
    41.6	U.S. totals
    77.1	North Dakota
    67.6	West Virginia
    61.0	South Dakota
    58.4	District of Columbia
    56.5	Connecticut
    55.1	Texas
    54.4	Louisiana
    53.2	Utah
    53.0	New Mexico
    52.5	Michigan
    51.8	Kentucky
    51.3	Maine
    51.2	Colorado
    50.1	Montana
    49.1	New Hampshire
    48.7	Wisconsin
    48.6	Indiana
    48.1	New Jersey
    48.0	Oklahoma
    47.2	Rhode Island
    46.9	Vermont
    46.8	Iowa
    46.1	Tennessee
    44.9	Florida
    44.8	Nebraska
    44.2	Illinois
    43.9	New York
    43.6	Oregon
    43.3	Pennsylvania
    42.9	Wyoming
    41.7	South Carolina
    41.4	Mississippi
    40.6	Arizona
    40.1	Delaware
    40.1	Ohio
    39.7	Arkansas
    39.5	Nevada
    39.3	Kansas
    38.7	Guam
    38.4	Massachusetts
    38.2	Minnesota
    37.6	Maryland
    36.5	Alaska
    36.0	Missouri
    34.8	Washington
    34.6	Federal Entities
    33.4	Puerto Rico
    32.6	North Carolina
    32.6	Georgia
    32.0	Idaho
    31.5	Virginia
    30.5	Hawaii
    30.2	California
    29.3	Alabama
    26.3	Northern Marianas
    21.0	American Samoa
    18.7	Palau
    13.8	U.S. Virgin Islands
    7.6	Micronesia
    4.8	Marshall Islands
    Well, at least with regard to Vermont, I think the figure shown is WAY off. The governor had a press conference yesterday, they're dispensing ALL the vaccine they get, and are begging for more...(I know that doesn't mean they've literally used all they were shipped, but their number one problem right now is not getting enough juice from the Feds.

https://twitter.com/oliverdarcy/stat...70423602896896

Saying we are sorry absolves us of all legal responsibility, right? Just ignore that mob of folks who are now attacking the capitol because they believed the lies we were printing. Now that we have said "ooops, my bad" we bear no responsibility at all for those folks.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Saying we are sorry absolves us of all legal responsibility, right? Just ignore that mob of folks who are now attacking the capitol because they believed the lies we were printing. Now that we have said "ooops, my bad" we bear no responsibility at all for those folks.
    They forgot to add "Please don't sue us for 1.3 billion dollars."
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Former General Stanley McChrystal suggests we're seeing the start of a U.S. insurgency with comparable dynamics to the start of al-qaida. It's funny (not, hah hah) to suggest these sorts of things to true-believing friends and family because they think it's ridiculous but there have been so many high level, experts warning about the potential for this right-wing extremism to continue snowballing that it's pretty darn hard to ignore.

Retired Army Gen. Stanley McChrystal was formerly the head of Joint Special Operations Command in Iraq and the commander of all U.S. and allied troops fighting the Taliban and al-Qaida in Afghanistan. “I did see a similar dynamic in the evolution of al-Qaida in Iraq, where a whole generation of angry Arab youth with very poor prospects followed a powerful leader who promised to take them back in time to a better place, and he led them to embrace an ideology that justified their violence. This is now happening in America,” McChrystal told Yahoo News.

A radical group of citizens have adopted a very hard-line view of the country, he noted, that echoes the Lost Cause narrative that took root in the old South after the Civil War. “Only President Trump has updated Lost Cause with his ‘Stop the Steal’ narrative that they lost because of a stolen election, and that is the only thing holding these people down and stopping them from assuming their rightful place in society,” McChrystal said. “That gives them legitimacy to become even more radical. I think we’re much further along in this radicalization process, and facing a much deeper problem as a country, than most Americans realize.”
    President Trump is unequivocally calling for peace and no violence from his supporters: Please see his statement, watch his video, and read the White House statement:

https://twitter.com/WhiteHouse?ref_s...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

I would suggest that spreading rhetoric comparing Trump supporters to Al Qaeda terrorists is part of the hateful, divisive problem, not part of the solution. There are a non-zero number of human beings who voted for both sides who are capable of being radicalized and using violence if they become angry enough. But comparing one side of the aisle to Al Qaeda, or fascists, or Nazis, or Communists, or whatever extremist group you want to name further engenders divisive hatred.

Most people don't like being called offensive names, and it pisses them off at the other side calling them those names. Most patriotic Americans on both sides don't like being compared to murdering terrorists. And IMO, it's more than ridiculous. It's actually dangerous to keep spreading and saying things like this if your goal is peace and unity.

If you want to believe it, fine - I defend your right to believe whatever you want. And I have good news - in 4 days Donald Trump will no longer be president, the guy you voted for will, and his party will also control both houses of Congress. And I will bet a pie with anyone that Donald Trump is never the POTUS again.

More than 74 million Americans voted for Trump. Most are peace-loving, law-abiding Americans just like you. They are not Al Qaeda.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    President Trump is unequivocally calling for peace and no violence from his supporters: Please see his statement, watch his video, and read the White House statement:

I would suggest that spreading rhetoric comparing Trump supporters to Al Qaeda terrorists is part of the hateful, divisive problem, not part of the solution. There are a non-zero number of human beings who voted for both sides who are capable of being radicalized and using violence if they become angry enough. But comparing one side of the aisle to Al Qaeda, or fascists, or Nazis, or Communists, or whatever extremist group you want to name further engenders divisive hatred.

Most people don't like being called offensive names, and it pisses them off at the other side calling them those names. Most patriotic Americans on both sides don't like being compared to murdering terrorists. And IMO, it's more than ridiculous. It's actually dangerous to keep spreading and saying things like this if your goal is peace and unity.

If you want to believe it, fine - I defend your right to believe whatever you want. And I have good news - in 4 days Donald Trump will no longer be president, the guy you voted for will, and his party will also control both houses of Congress. And I will bet a pie with anyone that Donald Trump is never the POTUS again.

More than 74 million Americans voted for Trump. Most are peace-loving, law-abiding Americans just like you. They are not Al Qaeda.
    I have deep thoughts on this and I also think we should just move along.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Yet never once does he stand down on his assertion that the election was stolen. Owning up to that FACT would go much further than saying "play nice".

Here is a quote from one of those peace-loving, law-abiding Americans just like me.

“We are going to (expletive) go in here,” Ryan said in the video as she approached the top of the stairs on the west side of the Capitol building. “Life or death, it doesn’t matter. Here we go.”

She then turned the camera to expose her face, the complaint noted, and said, “Y’all know who to hire for your Realtor, Jenna Ryan for your Realtor.” Nearly halfway through, Ryan appears to have made it to the front door, chanting, “USA, USA” and “Here we are, in the name of Jesus.”

In an interview with KTVT-TV in Fort Worth, Ryan said she hoped that Trump would pardon her.
    In her eyes, all is normal. In fact, she literally earlier in the article that she is. She sees nothing wrong in what she's done, she's merely "listening to her President".
    Just like those in Al Qaeda merely listened to their own advisors.

https://news.yahoo.com/woman-arreste...035856987.html
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Wow. Just like my home life.

I don't think sharing opinions/observations of acknowledged experts with decades of experience in the field is a bad thing. If bundabergdevil had posted this as his own opinion (without posting his own credentials in support) it would have been a problem.

I want to be educated. I am not going to stick my head in the sand. Everyone has the right to post a counterpoint from a similar acknowledged expert.

You know both can be true.

A dangerous radicalized hard core right wing al-Qaida like movement is growing in the US and is part of the GOP

AND

most Republicans are decent human beings who are conservative but don’t share those radical views.

Trump has tried to blur the boundaries and lump the two sets of people, but they aren’t the same.

I wouldn’t write off what Stan McCrystal is saying. He knows what he is talking about.

On another note, here is a FANTASTIC article about QAnon and its appeal, through the lens of a game designer. AMAZING psychology... one of the best articles of its type that I’ve ever read.

https://medium.com/curiouserinstitut...72997895386463

Before the Capitol insurrection warnings by knowledgeable people were not given enough credence and the Capitol did not have enough protection. We can not afford to ignore experts like McCrystal when they warn of a hopefully small number of Americans becoming radicalized.

President Trump could easily take direct action to keep the growing threat of radical right wing terrorism from taking root and flourishing: admit that he fabricated claims that the election was stolen and tell his supporters the truth. Joe Biden was elected President in a free and fair election.

That he is not taking these actions speaks volumes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    I wouldn’t write off what Stan McCrystal is saying. He knows what he is talking about.

On another note, here is a FANTASTIC article about QAnon and its appeal, through the lens of a game designer. AMAZING psychology... one of the best articles of its type that I’ve ever read.

https://medium.com/curiouserinstitut...72997895386463
    Wow.
    Thanks for sharing that!
    Absolutely fascinating article. Mind blown.

Yikes

I'm trying to be optimistic about how the next few days are going to go here in DC and in state capitols around the country, but then I read articles like this:

https://dcist.com/story/21/01/16/man...TxQyzma6n9v7S0

"Wesley Allen Beeler of Warren County, Va., was arrested around 6:30 p.m. after pulling up to a security checkpoint at 30 E Street in Northeast, according to a police report provided by MPD. He was found to be in possession of two Glocks, 509 rounds of ammunition, shotgun shells, and a high-capacity magazine.

CNN reported that Beeler attempted to use fake inauguration credentials to pass the checkpoint. U.S. Capitol Police, the arresting agency in the case, did not immediately return DCist’s request for comment."

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    I'm trying to be optimistic about how the next few days are going to go here in DC and in state capitols around the country, but then I read articles like this:

https://dcist.com/story/21/01/16/man...TxQyzma6n9v7S0

"Wesley Allen Beeler of Warren County, Va., was arrested around 6:30 p.m. after pulling up to a security checkpoint at 30 E Street in Northeast, according to a police report provided by MPD. He was found to be in possession of two Glocks, 509 rounds of ammunition, shotgun shells, and a high-capacity magazine.

CNN reported that Beeler attempted to use fake inauguration credentials to pass the checkpoint. U.S. Capitol Police, the arresting agency in the case, did not immediately return DCist’s request for comment."
    Gotta wonder who has the rest of the guns he was carrying ammo for. I'm sure they are asking him.

Everyone needs to accept the above line. It is unquestionably true and anyone who suggests otherwise is just flat out wrong.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    President Trump could easily take direct action to keep the growing threat of radical right wing terrorism from taking root and flourishing: admit that he fabricated claims that the election was stolen and tell his supporters the truth. Joe Biden was elected President in a free and fair election.

That he is not taking these actions speaks volumes.
    This x100.

None of the current unrest, fear, riots, protests, whatever would be occurring if he would only admit that he lost in a fair election. Anything that happens is 100% a result of his actions since losing the election, and really even in the months leading up to it where he continued to talk about Democratic cheating and fairness in the election.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Y'allqaida.
    Yeehadi.

Well this is why I said we should move on. It was pointed out by a respected member of the military that some portion of the electorate of one party has been radicalized. Which is true. And then it was pointed out that not all of the electorate has been radicalized. Which is true. But neither side is arguing the same thing. It should be ok to point out the expert opinion of an expert. And it should also be ok to recognize this doesn't apply to everyone. But I knew this is where this would go.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Everyone needs to accept the above line. It is unquestionably true and anyone who suggests otherwise is just flat out wrong.
    I don’t think anyone really believes that all R voters are terrorists. With no disrespect intended to anyone, that is a straw man argument.

But on the topic of things that are indisputably true:

31FFD202-04CA-4A70-8C00-5B0FD566FD28.jpg

Joe Biden won the election. But there are still a LOT of people who want to argue otherwise.