Page 335 of 335 FirstFirst ... 235285325333334335
Results 6,681 to 6,696 of 6696
  1. #6681
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. synellinden View Post
    Maybe another reason to avoid the debate is not having to address this subject.

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...ge%2Fstory-ans

    That was a wow story for me. If it’s Trump vs Bloomberg how many women stay away in protest?
    Yeah, Bloomberg has A LOT of vetting that will happen now that he's national. Regarding women, we already know how many are/were willing to vote for Trump despite his remarks, ~20 allegations of sexual misconduct, assault and rape, and lawsuits regarding the same. All of that was out in the open before his election and he ended up winning ~39% of all women who voted ---- so, based on Pew's breakdown, ~28M in total voted for Trump, including a slight plurality of white women. The administration may have pushed some women away with their actual policies and the Kavanaugh nomination but they may have gained some. Point is, women know who Trump is.

    The bigger question mark is if Bloomberg becomes the nominee. It's not right to say things like the Women's March and MeToo movement are liberal/Democratic movements but they do have a more natural home in the Democratic party considering it's policy platform. So, I think you could see much more of a negative impact for women who would otherwise vote Democrat who can't believe given the movements of the last 3-4 years the Dems would nominate a guy like Bloomberg. To my knowledge, Bloomberg has not been accused of assault and rape as Trump has, just sexism and inappropriate workplace comments. Still...not a good look.

  2. #6682
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Bloomberg considering ______ as his VP running mate? Color me shocked if this is even remotely true!

    https://hotair.com/archives/allahpun...p-says-drudge/
    Hmmmm, it's an interesting thought experiment at this point. Would her selection be a net-positive or net-negative? In an election that will already be turned up to 11, Hillary's selection would, dare I say it, bump it up to 12.

  3. #6683
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Hmmmm, it's an interesting thought experiment at this point. Would her selection be a net-positive or net-negative? In an election that will already be turned up to 11, Hillary's selection would, dare I say it, bump it up to 12.
    I think even putting this out there will backfire for Bloomberg. The last few posts considering whether or not the allegations against Bloomberg will be a factor, and this whiff of Hillary might be a serious kick in the ribs. Neither of those issues are reflective of the "safe" candidate I understand him attempting to portray.

  4. #6684
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hot'Lanta... home of the Falcons!
    I really hope Bloomberg makes the Nevada debate this week. He has thus far risen in the polls by buying a ton of commercials and really has not been vetted by the campaign trail much at all. I suspect the rest of the field is eager to get him on stage where they can challenge him a bit.

    I mean, if I am Klobuchar, Biden, or Buttigieg, I'm definitely taking a moment to ask anyone who has been a lifelong member of the Democratic party to raise their hand... and then tell Bernie and Bloomberg to keep their hands down.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I think even putting this out there will backfire for Bloomberg.
    What makes you think Bloomberg floated the notion of Hillary for VP? Feels like a right-wing fever swamp rumor more than something actually being considered.
    I don't know what you are doing right now, but if you aren't listening to the DBR Podcast, you're doing it wrong.

  5. #6685
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

    What makes you think Bloomberg floated the notion of Hillary for VP? Feels like a right-wing fever swamp rumor more than something actually being considered.
    Touchť. I know some folks are playing checkers and others are playing chess. I'm playing tic tac toe.

  6. #6686
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Touchť. I know some folks are playing checkers and others are playing chess. I'm playing tic tac toe.
    I donít know how seriously but I would be shocked if a couple of the campaigns hadnít discussed HRC as a choice. Theyíll typically start with a decent sized universe of options and then vet from there.


    This may have been a conservative media ploy but even if so theyíre probably right.

  7. #6687
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    near the Thrillerdome in ATL

    Mock Convention, W&L

    Washington and Lee University has been holding presidential a mock convention for the national party out of power since 1908. They have correctly picked the nominee 20 out of 26 times, 77%.

    My wife and I attended the convention in 2016 when our son was a student at W&L. It was a blast. That year the convention correctly predicted Trump would be nominated, In February.

    This year the winner is... https://www.mockconvention.com/bernie-sanders

  8. #6688
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I really hope Bloomberg makes the Nevada debate this week. He has thus far risen in the polls by buying a ton of commercials and really has not been vetted by the campaign trail much at all. I suspect the rest of the field is eager to get him on stage where they can challenge him a bit.

    I mean, if I am Klobuchar, Biden, or Buttigieg, I'm definitely taking a moment to ask anyone who has been a lifelong member of the Democratic party to raise their hand... and then tell Bernie and Bloomberg to keep their hands down.



    What makes you think Bloomberg floated the notion of Hillary for VP? Feels like a right-wing fever swamp rumor more than something actually being considered.
    Yeah nothing fires up the right like HRC. I know otherwise reasonable people who believe the Clintons are ninja mafia killers who can off their enemies or anyone who crosses them at the drop of a hat without leaving a trace. The clumsy ham-handed first 2-years of Billís first term doesnít even dissuade them of that notion. Iím sure Dick Morris has at least one more book in him if given the opportunity.

  9. #6689
    Yahoo / YouGov poll shows that Bernie would beat every other D candidate in a 1-on-1 battle:







    Now, I do suspect that name recognition is playing a big role here in these numbers. I'm not quite sure I really believe them (and generally early head-to-head polling can be unreliable).

    That said, let's introduce the possibility that the D establishment does *not* want the field to consolidate. If denying Bernie the nomination is a must, it could be better to keep everyone in the race all the way to the convention and take it from him there.

  10. #6690
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Liberally-slanted media not painting a pretty picture of Bloomberg. Not a huge surprise but notable.


    https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5...b64d860fca8669

  11. #6691
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hot'Lanta... home of the Falcons!
    538's model continues to inch more and more toward "no one" winning a majority of delegates.



    That said, if Bernie (or someone else) is above 45%, it is gonna be really hard to justify giving it to someone else, especially if the 45% person is handily winning primaries late in the calendar.
    I don't know what you are doing right now, but if you aren't listening to the DBR Podcast, you're doing it wrong.

  12. #6692
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    538's model continues to inch more and more toward "no one" winning a majority of delegates.
    That is bad news for Sanders according to this article:

    https://www.post-gazette.com/opinion...s/202002160021

    Not surprising commentary seeing as DBR posters have been discussing the same outcome from a second ballot at the convention.
    Bob Green
    DBR Survivor Football Champion
    2010 & 2016

  13. #6693
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    If Bernie has the majority of delegates, but not the actual numbers, they Democrats should go ahead and make him their man. Get behind him 137%. And then if Trump beats him in the general, they can solace their sorrows in the fact that no far left wing Democrat will ever get a sniff of the nomination ever again.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

  14. #6694
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hot'Lanta... home of the Falcons!
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    If Bernie has the majority of delegates, but not the actual numbers, they Democrats should go ahead and make him their man.
    Huh? If he has the majority he will be the nominee... end of story.

    Are you saying that if he has a plurality they should get behind him? That's nonsense. There are many different circumstances and scenarios behind a plurality candidate that none of us can say what the proper course of action would be in that case. I can design multiple scenarios where even a 40% plurality candidate probably does not deserve the nomination. Heck, I think there are scenarios where even a 45% plurality candidate might not be the proper choice.

    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    And then if Trump beats him in the general, they can solace their sorrows in the fact that no far left wing Democrat will ever get a sniff of the nomination ever again.
    As has been stated on numerous occasions, the single larges issue for the vast majority of Democrats is beating Trump (much like how the GOP felt about Hillary 4 years ago). There is no silver lining to the Trump victory for Democrats.
    I don't know what you are doing right now, but if you aren't listening to the DBR Podcast, you're doing it wrong.

  15. #6695
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Huh? If he has the majority he will be the nominee... end of story.
    Are you saying that if he has a plurality they should get behind him? That's nonsense.
    I didn't state that quite right about the delegates, but I am assuming that most people know what I meant. Not really a need to be snarky about it.
    And it was my opinion. Which I don't consider to be nonsense. If I did, I wouldn't post it.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

  16. #6696
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada (Ohio born and raised)
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I didn't state that quite right about the delegates, but I am assuming that most people know what I meant. Not really a need to be snarky about it.
    And it was my opinion. Which I don't consider to be nonsense. If I did, I wouldn't post it.
    Iím with you. If Bernie goes in with the most and doesnít walk out with the nomination, itís game over. Itís anecdotal but I know a ton of people who are Bernie or couch.

Similar Threads

  1. 2016 Presidential Race
    By CameronBornAndBred in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 16487
    Last Post: 11-15-2016, 11:52 PM
  2. Presidential Inauguration
    By such in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-26-2008, 11:19 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •