Page 991 of 1306 FirstFirst ... 491891941981989990991992993100110411091 ... LastLast
Results 19,801 to 19,820 of 26103
    Soooo... is anyone talking about the whole Four Seasons thing? Where the Trump campaign announced a press conference at the Four Seasons Philly, and then clarified they mean Four Seasons Landscaping, in a drab parking lot next to a sex toy store and across from a crematorium in an industrial suburb outside of Philly? Being reported there was a phone mixup... but it’s pretty amazing, and the Trump campaign manager just tweeted that anyone in PA should be sure to use them for all of their landscaping needs...

https://twitter.com/CLewandowski_/st...57152219504641

This is a epically funny story of incompetence and follow through.

I think

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    Soooo... is anyone talking about the whole Four Seasons thing? Where the Trump campaign announced a press conference at the Four Seasons Philly, and then clarified they mean Four Seasons Landscaping, in a drab parking lot next to a sex toy store and across from a crematorium in an industrial suburb outside of Philly? Being reported there was a phone mixup... but it’s pretty amazing, and the Trump campaign manager just tweeted that anyone in PA should be sure to use them for all of their landscaping needs...

This story is one of the funniest things ever. No idea as to how it happened but it idd happen. Not sure if Trump team called the wrong Four Seasons or if the Four Seasons Hotel would not hold the event so they went to the next Four Seasons.

Screen Shot 2020-11-07 at 10.10.21 PM.jpg

I’m pretty sure this was pitched as a bit in the VEEP writers room but shot down because it was too ridiculous. Jonah Ryan in the house!

Check a few pages back. Some dynamite jokes.

Biden’s lead in GA now tops 10K.

CNN citing two sources to report that Jared has approached Trump about conceding. No word on how that went.

Random question. I was checking county by county results and saw something weird with Mississippi. All the counties in the Western side of the state went Biden even rural counties. There's a clear east/west divide going on but I have no idea why. Then, I check bordering Arkansas and noticed that all the counties bordering Mississippi on the eastern most side also went Biden. Then, finally the rural NE countries in Louisiana also went Biden. Is there something different about that region's demographics (SE Arkansas, Western MS, NE LA) that cause it to be Democratic even in rural parts? It's basically all along the Mississippi River.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Interesting. The Post has been getting increasingly pro-Trump so that is a huge statement. I wonder if that memo was circulated to the entire Murdoch empire (especially Fox News). The first step towards accomplishing this is to stop talking about it - we need to be 100% sure that everything was done properly, and recounts can be done where appropriate within the guidelines set forth by the law, but the frivolous suits should not be given front page treatment. The bandwidth would be a lot better spent on COVID.
    I've read some articles on this. Conclusions (right or wrong) are that having a Dem in the White House is in many ways better for Fox, it's more fun playing offense (criticizing the administration) than defending one (Trump).

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Why not?
    I guess you're right. I just want the healing to start is all. Perhaps I am rushing things. But I stand by my earlier posts. Unless something dramatic happens,, Biden is president. And for the good of the country I will support him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Random question. I was checking county by county results and saw something weird with Mississippi. All the counties in the Western side of the state went Biden even rural counties. There's a clear east/west divide going on but I have no idea why. Then, I check bordering Arkansas and noticed that all the counties bordering Mississippi on the eastern most side also went Biden. Then, finally the rural NE countries in Louisiana also went Biden. Is there something different about that region's demographics (SE Arkansas, Western MS, NE LA) that cause it to be Democratic even in rural parts? It's basically all along the Mississippi River.
    In this situation, Wikipedia is your friend. I would randomly select a few of those counties and look at their demographics and voting patterns. Wiki has added that info over the years.

CNN citing two sources to report that Jared has approached Trump about conceding. No word on how that went.
    Nm. He’s tweeting now. On he will fight.

Yes, that's the Mississippi Delta, where I grew up. Cotton/soybean farming historically, and heavily Black-majority. Bennie Thompson, the D Rep, represents that area.

(for the strict topographical constructionists, no, it's not technically a Delta, but an alluvial floodplain.)

TNDukeFan

My first book, A Window to Heaven, The Daring First Ascent of Denali: America's Wildest Peak is available for preorder!
    Last edited by -jk; 11-08-2020 at 11:49 AM. Reason: signature

Plankton. No, really!

You're seeing the approximate shape of ancient shorelines. Plankton in shallow water died, sank, and eventually made the soil rich. So these areas were ripe for crops, and therefore slaves. This is why they have heavy black populations today, which then leads into voting patterns. You can see a weird shape of blue counties throughout the south, not just Mississippi, that matches up to this.

That's an easy way to get tossed off of Olympus.

Thanks all for the history/topography lesson! I had expected as much but never noticed this before.

Several days ago it was being reported that Trump was blaming Jared for the (apparent) election result...

I know about Mississippi and that's where large portions of the state's African American population live. I imagine that's the case in the other two states.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Several days ago it was being reported that Trump was blaming Jared for the (apparent) election result...
    Well, Trump would be within his rights to assume that a son-in-law who can fix the Middle East, the opiate crisis, Covid, etc etc, should be able to tweak the election results.

Obama for Secretary of State?

Biden trusts him, as do our allies, who need to be brought back around.

Most presidents wouldn’t want to risk being upstaged, but Biden plays well in the sandbox.

Most ex-presidents wouldn’t want to get back in the fray, but Obama may want to show he can still hit an international 3 pointer.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilwin View Post
    I guess you're right. I just want the healing to start is all. Perhaps I am rushing things. But I stand by my earlier posts. Unless something dramatic happens,, Trump is our President. And for the good of the country I will support him.
    Fixed that for you. Trump needs all the support we can give home over the next 10 weeks or so.