Page 211 of 211 FirstFirst ... 111161201209210211
Results 4,201 to 4,206 of 4206
    Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    But she but loses in politics, where voters like warmth and generosity of spirit.
    To be fair, not all candidates can replicate Trump's sweet and kind style.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    To be fair, not all candidates can replicate Trump's sweet and kind style.
    Interestingly, the Guardian felt that she won going away. I know they are a British paper and so not necessarily indicative of what people thought here but still their viewpoint is worth something, even if only a little.

I checked out CNN, the NY Times and Washington Post today, and their winners and losers were amazingly inconsistent...beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I checked out CNN, the NY Times and Washington Post today, and their winners and losers were amazingly inconsistent...beauty is in the eye of the beholder...
    Yup, it's always fun to compare those. A couple consistents were Biden, Steyer and Beto were all losers.
    My favorite comment about Steyer was that when people walk away talking more about your tie than what you said, you didn't have a good debate.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Interesting

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Elizabeth Warren failed to acknowledge Biden's claim that he had gotten votes to help pass her bill to establish the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. Instead, she pointedly referred to the support she received from President Obama. OK, so Liz wins the high school debate. But she but loses in politics, where voters like warmth and generosity of spirit.
    I thought Biden came across horribly in that exchange. Interrupting Warren. Loudly talking over her. Her response wasn't as dignified as it could have been, but Biden's approach was terrible. I thought he lost more points than she did. Just one voter though.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    My favorite comment about Steyer was that when people walk away talking more about your tie than what you said, you didn't have a good debate.
    ... or, you wore a Garcia tie.