Page 250 of 1306 FirstFirst ... 1502002402482492502512522603003507501250 ... LastLast
Results 4,981 to 5,000 of 26103
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    -Jason "Biden, who has the national name rec and the SC black vote, might be able to withstand a 4th place finish but Warren and Buttigieg almost certainly cannot... Bernie gonna Bernie and I'm not sure he will ever go below the low-teens or above the low-20s" Evans
    Jason, I think you are right. You've got to do well in SC if you don't in IA and NH. You simply HAVE to have momentum going into Super Tuesday. I'm not sure anyone other than Biden is in a position to do that right now.

The winner of 17 out of 18 Super Tuesdays between 1984 and 2016 won his or her party's nomination. The only exception being Hart in 1984.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    The winner of 17 out of 18 Super Tuesdays between 1984 and 2016 won his or her party's nomination. The only exception being Hart in 1984.
    Interesting stat, thanks. Had not heard that before though it makes sense.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    As folks start to travel and gather for the holidays, here's wishing everyone a political fight-free Thanksgiving with your family.

(I'm putting off the inevitable brawl until Christmas, so easy for me to say!)
    Save yourself some Christmas cash and talk impeachment over turkey.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Save yourself some Christmas cash and talk impeachment over turkey.
    I'm worried about Mrs.PK blowing a gasket and hurling a gravy boat full of hot gelatinous drippings at someone.

It. Could. Happen.

I'm worried about Mrs.PK blowing a gasket and hurling a gravy boat full of hot gelatinous drippings at someone.

It. Could. Happen.
    Take video.

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Take video.
    No. That would be called “evidence” by the D.A.

I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!
    As folks start to travel and gather for the holidays, here's wishing everyone a political fight-free Thanksgiving with your family.

(I'm putting off the inevitable brawl until Christmas, so easy for me to say!)
    I was listening to a sports radio station today on my way to work. They said that some folks are talking about placing a bottle of Trump wine on the table during Thanksgiving dinner just to watch the sparks fly.
    I actually like my family even though we have differing points of view, but a devilish part of me would not mind witnessing that if someone did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Reddevil View Post
    I was listening to a sports radio station today on my way to work. They said that some folks are talking about placing a bottle of Trump wine on the table during Thanksgiving dinner just to watch the sparks fly.
    I actually like my family even though we have differing points of view, but a devilish part of me would not mind witnessing that if someone did it.
    Don Jr has been all over twitter recommending that people buy a copy of his book Triggered and put it on the TGiving table to "trigger" their liberal relatives. Personally, I think trying to have a pleasant and civil family gathering is preferable to inciting a fight, but I hope I am not being too partisan to say that this is not the only thing about which Don Jr and I disagree.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Imma just gonna show off the new Roger Stone tat I got on my back.

Don Jr has been all over twitter recommending that people buy a copy of his book Triggered and put it on the TGiving table to "trigger" their liberal relatives. Personally, I think trying to have a pleasant and civil family gathering is preferable to inciting a fight, but I hope I am not being too partisan to say that this is not the only thing about which Don Jr and I disagree.
    This article probably better fits in the Congressional Elections thread or a future 2024 Presidential Election thread, but since you brought up Don Jr, there is talk of him or some of the other Trump progeny running for office. The Long Island district they mention has historically been pretty solidly Republican but with demographic changes has been moving left. The Trump tax cuts really hit this area hard so that did not do any prospective Republican candidates any favors.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/25/n...-ny-lazio.html

Which begs the question, "Can you give yourself an infraction?"
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I often ask other moderators to look at stuff I post to see if I have crossed the line. I hope merely saying I disagree with Don Trump Jr about starting fights at Thanksgiving would not violate the rules of the thread but if someone feels I have gone too far then I encourage you to report it and the mod team will look into it. I try to hold myself to high standard here and if I blew it then I will readily take my medicine.

-Jason
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Jason did suspend himself for a week recently IIRC. Or at least, sidelined himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Reddevil View Post
    You could make these:

http://theculinarycellar.com/tag/peach-mint-pie/

Mmmmm . . . peach-mint pies. (With rum)

Interesting NYT article about the sliver of the electorate that voted Dem in 2018 but plans to vote for Trump:

Yet success in the midterms might not mean as much for Democratic presidential candidates as the party might think. Nearly two-thirds of voters in six battleground states who voted for President Trump in 2016 — but for Democratic congressional candidates in 2018 — say they intend to back the president against each of his top rivals, according to recent polling by The New York Times Upshot/Siena College.

The results suggest that the party’s winning formula in last year’s midterms may not be so easy to replicate in a presidential election. The Democrats’ relatively moderate House candidates succeeded in large part by flipping a crucial segment of voters who backed the president in 2016. If these voters remain open-minded again in 2020, Democrats will have a ready-made blueprint for winning back the crucial Rust Belt battlegrounds.

This group is only a sliver of the electorate — 2 percent of registered voters — and is not representative of all voters. They are overwhelmingly white, 60 percent are male, and two-thirds have no college degree. But the president’s strength among them helps explain why he is highly competitive in states that Democrats carried just one year ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Interesting NYT article about the sliver of the electorate that voted Dem in 2018 but plans to vote for Trump:
    I think there is a very different way to look at this (you seem to consistently frame things in a very Red way) - of those who voted for Trump in 2016 and then voted Democrat in 2018, 2/3 will now revert to Trump. So yes, the Dems did not permanently flip these voters. But I take that to mean that there are a lot of people who voted for Trump in 2016 who will not be voting for him in 2020 - if there are 300 people who voted for Trump in 2016 then voted Democrat in 2018, 200 will revert to Trump and 100 are going to vote for a Democrat - that is a big net win for the Democrats vs. 2016. And given that those polled are core Trump supporters (uneducated white men), this is not great news for him. Though it is obviously a lot better for him than if all of these voters flipped for the midterm and were staying flipped.

Lies, damn lies and statistics...

I often ask other moderators to look at stuff I post to see if I have crossed the line. I hope merely saying I disagree with Don Trump Jr about starting fights at Thanksgiving would not violate the rules of the thread but if someone feels I have gone too far then I encourage you to report it and the mod team will look into it. I try to hold myself to high standard here and if I blew it then I will readily take my medicine.

-Jason
    No way am I reporting you!

I will say, “Don Trump Jr. could walk down 5th avenue and shoot someone in the face and I think it would be utterly irrelevant to the Presidential thread unless there was some indication Donald Trump knew about it in advance or tried to cover it up.”

You’re certainly not consistent, since that’s exactly what you recently told me about Hunter Biden.

Some jokes are funnier than other jokes:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...edName=newsOne

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Some jokes are funnier than other jokes:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...edName=newsOne
    This quote made my morning, "“He shouldn’t joke, he is not a funny guy." More people need to be told this.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    This quote made my morning, "“He shouldn’t joke, he is not a funny guy." More people need to be told this.
    yup...Rudy grew up in NY where "jokes" like this could have major ramifications. I would suggest Rudy meant exactly what he was saying...