View Poll Results: Who was Duke's Man of the Match in Duke's overtime loss to Syracuse tonight?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Javin Delaurier

0 0%
  • Zion Williamson

55 60.44%
  • RJ Barrett

7 7.69%
  • Jack White

3 3.30%
  • Tre Jones

12 13.19%
  • Jordan Goldwire

0 0%
  • Marques Bolden

11 12.09%
  • Alex O'Connell

3 3.30%
  • Justin Robinson

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

MOTM: Duke v. Syracuse (Jan 14, 2019)

Who was Duke's Man of the Match in Duke's overtime loss to Syracuse tonight?
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Went with Bolden for playing so well in so many minutes. His rebounding and defense was impressive, and I liked the way he stuck with his own misses. Been enjoying watching his progress this year.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

mike eades
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Nice double-double for Marques.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Went with Bolden for playing so well in so many minutes. His rebounding and defense was impressive, and I liked the way he stuck with his own misses. Been enjoying watching his progress this year.
    I like the way he plays defense, moves really well and anticipates well. Doesn't often leave his feet for a fake. Occasionally a little slow to get out the lane in this 4 out 1 in offense which relies on open lanes to the basket but his defense and rebounding prove a big net gain for Duke. I think the most important thing for Bolden has already taken place. He's bought into the game plan and has completely accepted his role with the team.

Zion played so hard to win on both ends. 34/10 with 4 blocks. We’d have been blown out without Zion.

Zion. Kudos to Marques and Alex. Vibes for Tre.

Rest, recuperate and next play. LGD GTHc!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Zion...big gap...other players.

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    Zion...big gap...other players.
    True, but I think Marques and AOC played amazing compared to their usual production.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Zion. Kudos to Marques and Alex. Vibes for Tre.

Rest, recuperate and next play. LGD GTHc!
    Ditto....BTW, I recently read that you are old if you say ditto. So be it.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    True, but I think Marques and AOC played amazing compared to their usual production.
    Yes, they did. Heck I just wish AOC would have jacked up a few more 3's.

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    No mention of RJ, who had to carry much of the point guard role, while coming fairly close to a Triple-double?

I know. He was open a bunch too. If Tre is really out, I’d love to see AOC play a ton more minutes and focus on being a solid 4th option in Tre’s part time absence.

Despite shooting 35% from deep this year, I think AOC is our best deep shooter. I don’t think 49% last year was a total fluke.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

TreyJones was unstoppable up to the injury. He made the team move on the court. He set the table and served the ball where it needed to be. No injury and we win by 20. If we have Cam we win by 15.

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    No mention of RJ, who had to carry much of the point guard role, while coming fairly close to a Triple-double?
    RJ took 30 shots and missed 22 including 4 of 17 from 3. So, no, there should be no mention of RJ in this thread. The post game thread is where we talk about RJ. Appreciate his effort but this is a MOTM thread. This is a Zion thread tonight.

RJ took 30 shots and missed 22 including 4 of 17 from 3. So, no, there should be no mention of RJ in this thread. The post game thread is where we talk about RJ. Appreciate his effort but this is a MOTM thread. This is a Zion thread tonight.
    I would say that Zion might have been the star of the show, but Marques was a man tonight. He wanted this game as badly as anyone. He played his heart out. I voted for Marques because of that. GoDuke!

Four of his five best moments were stroking treys....

I sure wish Zion had made that FT with the score tied at 85-85 with a few seconds left, but I really wish that lucky son of a gun from Syracuse had not lucked in that full court heave. GoDuke!

I was torn between Marques and Zion. I went with Marques.

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    I sure wish Zion had made that FT with the score tied at 85-85 with a few seconds left, but I really wish that lucky son of a gun from Syracuse had not lucked in that full court heave. GoDuke!
    Agree about that FT. Difference in the game turned out to be the banked in 3 from baby B and the 3/4 shot/throw/crap at the half. Sometimes luck isn't on your side.