Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 219

Thread: Next year's QB?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1

    Next year's QB?

    Who is in the pipeline to start at QB next year?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Almost certainly Harris. I guess Homlberg is the dark horse but I'd guess he plays backup one more year.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    It will be interesting to see if Duke pursues any of the grad-student-transfer options.

    Cut's history at Duke suggests not. But Cut has never had to replace a QB of Jones' stature, not at Duke.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    It will be interesting to see if Duke pursues any of the grad-student-transfer options.

    Cut's history at Duke suggests not. But Cut has never had to replace a QB of Jones' stature, not at Duke.
    Crossed my mind too. Who is on your radar as far as grad transfer QBs?

    Also, I'd also like to see what QH can do with a steady gig. He does a few things really well....things you can't coach like speed and long ball...while his erratic throws on short and medium throws seems coachable. I've no idea what kind of decision maker he is.
    Don't waste your time on House of Cards S6!
    -We found out Frank was critical to making anyone else in the show interesting...not a surprise...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    Crossed my mind too. Who is on your radar as far as grad transfer QBs?

    Also, I'd also like to see what QH can do with a steady gig. He does a few things really well...things you can't coach like speed and long ball...while his erratic throws on short and medium throws seems coachable. I've no idea what kind of decision maker he is.
    Harris impressed me with his play against Baylor once he actually practiced with the starters. Cut's MO is usually to put the QB heir apparent into a limited play package rather than having 2 seniors. You could make a persuasive argument for free agent seniors in several other positions before QB.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    I am comfortable with Harris, he showed poise and great leadership. He has stepped in to difficult circumstances and performed admirably,

    If someone can beat him out, well — go for it. But I doubt we will see a first-time starter against Alabama.
    1991 -- 1992 -- 2001 -- 2010 -- 2015

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Meeting with Marie Laveau
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I am comfortable with Harris, he showed poise and great leadership.

    If someone can beat him out, well — go for it.
    There may be two halves to this season....time will tell.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Thomasville, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I am comfortable with Harris, he showed poise and great leadership. He has stepped in to difficult circumstances and performed admirably,

    If someone can beat him out, well — go for it. But I doubt we will see a first-time starter against Alabama.
    Agree 100% with this. Harris did a fine job for the most part, and unless we get a great transfer, I don't see anyone better to start.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post
    You could make a persuasive argument for free agent seniors in several other positions before QB.
    Offensive tackle and wide receiver immediately come to mind.
    Bob Green
    DBR Survivor Football Champion
    2010 & 2016

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Meeting with Marie Laveau
    Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    It will be interesting to see if Duke pursues any of the grad-student-transfer options.

    Cut's history at Duke suggests not. But Cut has never had to replace a QB of Jones' stature, not at Duke.
    I've wondered the same thing. This is a unique situation which could make for some unique opportunities.

  11. #11
    My money is on Harris with someone in the Connette package.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    My money is on Harris with someone in the Connette package.
    Agreed, though I wish that "package" would get lost in the mail....
    Don't waste your time on House of Cards S6!
    -We found out Frank was critical to making anyone else in the show interesting...not a surprise...

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Skinker-DeBaliviere, Saint Louis
    Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    Agreed, though I wish that "package" would get lost in the mail...

    Ree turn to sender
    Add dress unknown
    No such number
    No such zone

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    Ree turn to sender
    Add dress unknown
    No such number
    No such zone
    One elvis is enough here.

    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    One elvis is enough here.

    Can you ever really have too many Elvises?

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    Can you ever really have too many Elvises?
    Yes, you can. Have you seen some of those imposters out there?

    You, of course, are fine. All 14 of you.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Atlanta
    Here's an interesting article about a 4-star from Mississippi who is a Georgia commit (kinda).

    Word is that he is making a visit to Duke.

    I didn't find out about this on my own..Shout out to you know who.

    4-star QB commit John Rhys Plumlee is still a Bulldog …… for now

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    Here's an interesting article about a 4-star from Mississippi who is a Georgia commit (kinda).

    Word is that he is making a visit to Duke.

    I didn't find out about this on my own..Shout out to you know who.

    4-star QB commit John Rhys Plumlee is still a Bulldog …… for now
    Plumlees do well at Duke. Just sayin'
    1991 -- 1992 -- 2001 -- 2010 -- 2015

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Plumlees do well at Duke. Just sayin'
    He looks pretty good in that blue jersey....
    Don't waste your time on House of Cards S6!
    -We found out Frank was critical to making anyone else in the show interesting...not a surprise...

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    Here's an interesting article about a 4-star from Mississippi who is a Georgia commit (kinda).

    Word is that he is making a visit to Duke.

    I didn't find out about this on my own..Shout out to you know who.

    4-star QB commit John Rhys Plumlee is still a Bulldog …… for now
    I saw Cutcliffe retweeted him after Christmas and thought it was interesting. We have a Singler working with the football team, why not a Plumlee playing for it?

Similar Threads

  1. Fast Breaks...this year versus last year
    By Duke76 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12-05-2012, 12:42 AM
  2. NCAA signs 14-year deal with CBS/Turner; 68 team tourney next year
    By arydolphin in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 04-24-2010, 11:02 AM
  3. Surprise Team, Coach Of The Year, Newcomer Of The Year In The ACC
    By NYC Duke Fan in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-01-2010, 12:21 PM
  4. What Is The Realistic Expectations For This Year's and Next Year's Team
    By NYC Duke Fan in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 02-15-2009, 09:19 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •