Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Next year's QB?

I don't need a lecture on the new rule. I'm only noting the silly choice of words.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I don't need a lecture on the new rule. I'm only noting the silly choice of words.
    My point is what else would you call it? Database? Registry? I'm not talking about the rule, just the name and why it is named that.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    My point is what else would you call it? Database? Registry? I'm not talking about the rule, just the name and why it is named that.
    Oh, boy! An argument about nothing. First time in the history of the internet!!
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    I find it mildly preferable to 2 pages of puns...and how else am I supposed to kill time on a Friday?

yup. Yeah, I know it's used other places, another example of using more words when fewer would work just fine..."grad transfer" seemed pretty useful, portal or no portal.
    Kinda mixing process with status.

The mere fact that something exists in college football called a "transfer portal" highlights just how ludicrous the revenue-generating college athletics programs have become.

Quote Originally Posted by 75Crazie View Post
    The mere fact that something exists in college football called a "transfer portal" highlights just how ludicrous the revenue-generating college athletics programs have become.
    You want to see ludicrous, just suggest that the subject is transfer "porter."

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    I find it mildly preferable to 2 pages of puns...
    Can we have a contest over how many minutes per day DBR will spend on each?

Brett Favre has been a volunteer coach at Oak Grove for several years, mainly preseason, although I did not see him listed on this year's roster. He has a huge farm just a few miles west of the high school.
    I used to see him in some of my favorite watering holes in Hattiesburg. Just one of the guys from what I observed. I would expect that he has helped tutor Mr. Plumlee at some point in his career.

I find it mildly preferable to 2 pages of puns...and how else am I supposed to kill time on a Friday?
    exactly, boys being boys...i'm about to enter the friday afternoon beer portal, by the way...

exactly, boys being boys...i'm about to enter the friday afternoon beer portal, by the way...
    Wrong thread I know, but you've got a lot of great local options up your way. I just spent a few days in Stowe with my family, and in addition to the obligatory trip to the Alchemist (which didn't disappoint), I became a big new fan of Hill Farmstead Edward and Fiddlehead IPA. Would've sampled others if hadn't liked those so damn much.

Quote Originally Posted by luvdahops View Post
    Wrong thread I know, but you've got a lot of great local options up your way. I just spent a few days in Stowe with my family, and in addition to the obligatory trip to the Alchemist (which didn't disappoint), I became a big new fan of Hill Farmstead Edward and Fiddlehead IPA. Would've sampled others if hadn't liked those so damn much.
    My abode is right next to Stowe, on the other side of the mountain...some great dining and sipping over there (and in Vermont in general). Alchemist is indeed nice, and I commend you for your liking Hill Farmstead Edward...we are most fortunate around here that many of our local restaurants have that and other Hill Farmstead beers on tap. Edward deserves all the good press it gets.

I wonder if those who have been through the concussion protocol several times receive less interest when they enter the transfer portal.

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    I wonder if those who have been through the concussion protocol several times receive less interest when they enter the transfer portal.
    It's funny that I was thinking about that term today as well. I get a kick out of this stuff...the NFL especially, they've been around for something like 100 years and they still have trouble
    defining what a catch is. So maybe they need a catch protocol.

...some great dining and sipping over there (and in Vermont in general).
    How's the weather?
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Can we have a contest over how many minutes per day DBR will spend on each?
    Is that adjusted or unadjusted?
    I’m hoping to very soon enter the Friday night sleep portal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    How's the weather?
    Depends how much you enjoy skiing, sledding, snowshoeing, etc.

My abode is right next to Stowe, on the other side of the mountain...some great dining and sipping over there (and in Vermont in general). Alchemist is indeed nice, and I commend you for your liking Hill Farmstead Edward...we are most fortunate around here that many of our local restaurants have that and other Hill Farmstead beers on tap. Edward deserves all the good press it gets.
    Agreed - emphatically - on all counts. We had excellent dinners on each of our 4 nights there (Sushi Yoshi, Piecasso, Harrison’s and the Bench). And the food at the Spruce Peak Base Lodge was on par with places like Deer Valley and Beaver Creek, with a very solid selection of local/regional brews, too. Edward was a revelation and absolutely deserving of its hype, and my sense is that Hill Farmstead beers are considered outstanding pretty much across the board. I look forward to sampling more of them.

Actually, I MUCH prefer the puns... You guys are great.

Quote Originally Posted by luvdahops View Post
    Agreed - emphatically - on all counts. We had excellent dinners on each of our 4 nights there (Sushi Yoshi, Piecasso, Harrison’s and the Bench). And the food at the Spruce Peak Base Lodge was on par with places like Deer Valley and Beaver Creek, with a very solid selection of local/regional brews, too. Edward was a revelation and absolutely deserving of its hype, and my sense is that Hill Farmstead beers are considered outstanding pretty much across the board. I look forward to sampling more of them.
    Impressive, I must say you chose well in your dining...Bench, Piecasso and Harrisons are three of our top spots, the wood oven cooked half duck at The Bench is a masterpiece...once a month a friend and I "run the quadtrathlon" at Stowe:
    Five mile fast walk on the bike path, fetch beer at Alchemist, pizza lunch at Piecasso (the pesto bacon meatball pizza is sublime) and then I buy fish at Stowe Seafood (they supply Sushi Yoshi and most other restaurants in town).

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    How's the weather?
    as I mentioned in the off topic zone, I'm applying for DBR record for last night's grillage of two inch thick pork chops at nine degrees below zero, Fahrenheit. Two feet of snow on ground. Winter.
    Still that temp now (3:42 a.m. EST), hauling lovely wife to airport in 15 minutes for flight to FL.