Quote Originally Posted by Sir Stealth View Post
Is this better sourced to justify it being "likely" rather than just someone on the internet spitballing about potential loopholes? That article also purports to link to "several racial slurs," but the link only discusses one incident involving a UGA baseball player heard making comments from the stands who was then kicked out of the baseball program. If Fields really feels that he has been subjected to more racial abuse at UGA and really wants to leave for that reason then that would be a fair mitigating factor, but accusing the school/program this way just as a loophole because he didn't win the QB job earlier would be unseemly - that accusation would (and should) be viewed as a big deal. He may well try to get immediate eligibility through some other argument, and the NCAA seems looser with that lately, but it looks to me like a regular transfer until we see more to support this actually happening.
There are dozens of articles talking about Fields' appeal for immediate eligibility due to the racism incident. While no one knows what the NCAA will decide, most of the buzz I have heard indicates the NCAA will grant the waiver. Fields' family has hired an attorney who specializes in this kind of thing.

Fields is expected to retain attorney Tom Mars to aid with petitioning the NCAA for immediate eligibility. Mars worked with Michigan quarterback Shea Patterson and helped him earn a win with the NCAA this season in Ann Arbor after transferring from Ole Miss.

“I’ve helped more than a dozen student-athletes from different sports in the past year, but I don’t talk about it publicly unless there’s a good reason to do so,” Mars said.
-Jason "the last thing the NCAA wants to do is argue that having the N-word screamed at you isn't a big deal... Fields will be immediately eligible (I doubt he is even looking at Duke though)" Evans