Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Next year's QB?

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    as I mentioned in the off topic zone, I'm applying for DBR record for last night's grillage of two inch thick pork chops at nine degrees below zero, Fahrenheit. Two feet of snow on ground. Winter.
    Still that temp now (3:42 a.m. EST), hauling lovely wife to airport in 15 minutes for flight to FL.
    At least you have a smart wife. Are you going to Florida also? If so, are you ever going back to Vermont? If not, are you sure your wife is ever going back to Vermont? Either way, WHY?!?

I wintered in Maine one year because Uncle Sam said so. No thanks.

It is beautiful there from late May until late September.
    Last edited by TruBlu; 01-12-2019 at 04:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Avvocato View Post
    I wonder if Justin Fields' transfer from Georgia would open up a scholarship earlier for Plumlee. This article is from mid-December.

Also, Tate Martell, the Ohio St. redshirt-FR quarterback this year, entered the transfer portal yesterday after Fields announced he was transferring to Ohio St. Martell was an ESPN 300 player. Though I know it will never happen, maybe we can get more of that Ohio St. to Duke magic pipeline going. With that said, Martell apparently followed three coaches on twitter. None were Cut. In any case, thought it was interesting thinking about the potential impact of Fields' transfer.
    This after Martell publicly warned Fields about coming to Ohio State and advised him not to make the same mistake twice.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    At least you have a smart wife. Are you going to Florida also? If so, are you ever going back to Vermont? If not, are you sure your wife is ever going back to Vermont? Either way, WHY?!?

I wintered in Maine one year because Uncle Sam said so. No thanks.

It is beautiful there from late May until late September.
    Wife is presumably coming back next week...we both go to FL in two weeks...winter here is an acquired taste!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    How's the weather?
    Read here:

https://forums.dukebasketballreport...ngton-question

Money stat/quote:

"... nine below zero..."
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Yes, you can. Have you seen some of those imposters out there?

You, of course, are fine. All 14 of you.
    Well, you didn't exactly ask for this but you are going to get it anyway lol. I hope you don't spill your coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by House G View Post
    Well, you didn't exactly ask for this but you are going to get it anyway lol. I hope you don't spill your coffee.

Good golly, Miss Molly.

video here
    I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's elvis37. Another prime example of an Elvis in the wild.

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's elvis37. Another prime example of an Elvis in the wild.
    Captivity *might* work better for that one.

Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    Here's an interesting article about a 4-star from Mississippi who is a Georgia commit (kinda).

Word is that he is making a visit to Duke.

I didn't find out about this on my own..Shout out to you know who.

4-star QB commit John Rhys Plumlee is still a Bulldog …… for now
    This Elvis sidetrack is marginally relevant in that Plumleee (Hattiesburg) and Elvis (Tupelo) are both from the great state of Mississippi.

A preview of M Night Shyamalan's next movie?

Wife is presumably coming back next week...we both go to FL in two weeks...winter here is an acquired taste!
    Winter in Vermont is recidivism, pure and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Winter in Vermont is recidivism, pure and simple.
    We done strayed on this thread...

Of course, on the off topic topic...if I had my druthers, Marathon Florida is about as far north as I'd like to live...

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by kshepinthehouse View Post
    This after Martell publicly warned Fields about coming to Ohio State and advised him not to make the same mistake twice.
    Gotta wonder if the coaches advised him that Fields was not making a mistake.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    That’s elvis43. You really can’t tell the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Captivity *might* work better for that one.

Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    That’s elvis43. You really can’t tell the difference?
    You're right, that is elvis43. In my defense, it was early this morning and, the pink blazer distracted me a bit, and let's not forget that elvis37 and elvis43 are brothers.

What number Elvis will be our Next year's QB?

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    We done strayed on this thread...

Of course, on the off topic topic...if I had my druthers, Marathon Florida is about as far north as I'd like to live...
    Hopes of a grad transfer QB seem to have faded; I fear we may not have any QB talk from Cut until Spring practice, if then...looks like stray or die for this thread.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Hopes of a grad transfer QB seem to have faded; I fear we may not have any QB talk from Cut until Spring practice, if then...looks like stray or die for this thread.
    I wasn't hopeful, and if they have faded, then yay! Stick with the guys we have that put in their time under Cut and our other coaches, not those of some other team.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Is this Plumlee QB a realistic get? Is he visiting?

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I wasn't hopeful, and if they have faded, then yay! Stick with the guys we have that put in their time under Cut and our other coaches, not those of some other team.
    Ditto from me. I am not a fan of the volume of QB transfer talk on this thread, most of it unfounded speculation. QH has paid his dues and deserves the keys to the car.