Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    I felt like bringing this thread back, because it generated so much back-and-forth debate before the season. What do we think now?

and also...

because it makes you look very prescient... The bench has been slightly shortened due to injuries and has oscillated based on the coaches current happiness level with Taylor King, but as a whole this thread looks dead on correct

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfax336 View Post
    because it makes you look very prescient... The bench has been slightly shortened due to injuries and has oscillated based on the coaches current happiness level with Taylor King, but as a whole this thread looks dead on correct
    Well, I don't mind making myself look reasonably smart on the few occasions that's actually possible. But isn't it great that no one is whining about depth this year? Perspective, people. Perspective. Duke basketball has been around for a while under Coach K, and has taken on many shapes and forms. The constant? Winning.

I'm 24. I wasn't even a thought when Art Heyman played for Duke. I vaguely remember Thomas Hill, but I do remember him playing for the Pacers.

And no, I don't remember a lot of Coach K's early career. But on the otherhand, I do remember a lot of it. Say the last 12 years or so. I, unlike many fans, have nothing but faith in his sytems and coaching methods. If he wants Henderson to start over Scheyer, so be it. I'm sure he's doing it for a reason. I have faith and believe in Coach K 200% in whatever he does with this group. And I do agree, this team is good. One of the better teams that I recall in my 24 years. I know he'll guide them to the best of his ability...and that's fine with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    You skipped the Bucky Waters years. I never forget about those bad years so I can really appreciate the good years.
    Unfortunately, I lived them first hand!

Almost no one is whining about depth. That said, there have been some threads started that basically paraphrase to "What happened to our vaunted changes this season? X player didn't get enough PT to suit me in this game, we didn't play a lot of zone, and I'm not sure what offense that was but I don't see Steve Nash running it." Fortunately, these threads usually die a quick death.

The deceased horse of this season seems to be recruiting.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    Almost no one is whining about depth. That said, there have been some threads started that basically paraphrase to "What happened to our vaunted changes this season? X player didn't get enough PT to suit me in this game, we didn't play a lot of zone, and I'm not sure what offense that was but I don't see Steve Nash running it." Fortunately, these threads usually die a quick death.

The deceased horse of this season seems to be recruiting.
    Well, you and I both know that as long as there are message boards (not just the DBR), people will complain. But I'm happy that this season is helping to dispel many myths that people have presented as facts in the past.