Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738

Thanks to all!!!

And thx for having this contest. I started slowly, then caught a few breaks and found a productive method. (Got lucky)
    Really enjoyed this and this season!! GO DUKE!!!

ATS Picks 57-31-0 64.77% +10370 1 of 27
    O/U Picks 40-38-3 51.28% +760 11 of 27
    All Picks 97-69-3 58.43% +11130 1 of 27

I'm shocked I was 57-31 ATS, that's pretty amazing. I have bet off-and-on for many years, don't think I ever had that success rate. My wife asked me, within the last few days, if I've been betting (based on some mail I've received, plus I keep buying coins since I have a little cash) lately? Which was a profound "no," because I haven't for several years. Now I do dabble in some pools. Ran a pool for The Players Championship this week and participate in others, but no big money involved.
    We're doing a bracket pool for $10, last year I ran it and paid $630 to my buddy that won. Calipari coming on after this commercial, should b interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by duketaylor View Post
    ATS Picks 57-31-0 64.77% +10370 1 of 27
    O/U Picks 40-38-3 51.28% +760 11 of 27
    All Picks 97-69-3 58.43% +11130 1 of 27

I'm shocked I was 57-31 ATS, that's pretty amazing. I have bet off-and-on for many years, don't think I ever had that success rate. My wife asked me, within the last few days, if I've been betting (based on some mail I've received, plus I keep buying coins since I have a little cash) lately? Which was a profound "no," because I haven't for several years. Now I do dabble in some pools. Ran a pool for The Players Championship this week and participate in others, but no big money involved.
    We're doing a bracket pool for $10, last year I ran it and paid $630 to my buddy that won. Calipari coming on after this commercial, should b interesting.
    Just to be clear, I’ve never gambled on anything in my life. So when I started playing this ACC degenerate gambling game, I found out was really good at it. In fact after winning again last year my wife suggested maybe I should move to Las Vegas. I didn’t. And after this year‘s lackluster results, I’m glad we didn’t make the move. 😎

Quote Originally Posted by NYBri View Post
    Just to be clear, I’ve never gambled on anything in my life. So when I started playing this ACC degenerate gambling game, I found out was really good at it. In fact after winning again last year my wife suggested maybe I should move to Las Vegas. I didn’t. And after this year‘s lackluster results, I’m glad we didn’t make the move. 😎
    Depending on the size of the bets one won versus those lost...to break even over time requires winning something between 52-53% correct. Anything over 60% is fantastic of course, and Bob Green would've been way ahead of the house at his 64% or thereabouts...on a pretty good volume of betting. That was quite impressive Bob.

I've won money - real money - in the past...but with very low volume betting...when I just thought a line was way out of whack. I may go weeks or months between times I notice one of those.

Anyway, kudos to Taylor for a nice win...Bob for a ridiculous percentage...and Jason for organizing this. Very very fun.

Congrats, duketaylor, on a wonderful season and winning this contest, the most prestigious of the three annual majors!

Props also to rasputin! To bet every game and end up at 58.6% is no small feat!

Thanks, Jason, for running the contest, and let's get started on the NCAA tournament!

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Yup, we did a NCAA tournament wagering contest last year and we will do it again this year.
    Let's do it, brother.

Some of us perhaps are degenerate enough to play the play-in games that begin on Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Let's do it, brother.

Some of us perhaps are degenerate enough to play the play-in games that begin on Tuesday.
    AGREED...this was so much fun during the season, it will be a blast with the quick changes of March Madness...the first two rounds will be insanity as well as degeneracy. This is a much better way than the typical brackets (which are also fun).

I went from almost out of the contest to +310 in the last week of the contest. I'll take it!